WRX Floor carpeting installation question..

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 05:56 PM

Car Info: former owner of BLUE '05 IMPREZA WRX
WRX Floor carpeting installation question..

If you don't feel like reading this then just go to the last paragraph hehe, anyway; I tried searching the interior's thread but, oh well.. My question is about my WRX carpeting, I'm gonna swap out my old carpet for a new one since the whole car was flooded. Instead of waiting again to get it professionally done, I'm just gonna go ahead and buy the carpet from them and install it on my own with help of course. My question is how hard is it gonna be? since its most likely order from the factory I probably won't have to trim things to make everything fit right? just remove the whole interior and place the carpeting in and lock everything into place and voila right? I mean I know it won't be straight forward but I don't wanna stress over the little details like things properly in place and not worrying about the carpeting coming off on its own and stuff. The whole reason I want to go through this in the first place is because the rental from the insurance is almost ending (two more days), and the upholstery place claimed it will be at least 3 days for it to be done, so I worked out an agreement to just buy the carpeting from them and do it on my own.

for you guys who didn't feel like reading everything I'll get straight to the point: will it be hard to install a new factory carpeting on my own rather than getting it professionally done?

Thanks in advance peeps, payce...
Old 04-17-2006, 06:09 PM

Car Info: car
doesnt sound that hard if ur used taking off the seats n such... i think sti carpets get on ebay every now and then, its all precut..
Old 04-17-2006, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
It's very easy to do... I've taken my entire interior out a couple of times on 3 different subies.

If it's your first time, go slow since you don't want to break any plastic clips -- especially the door trim. Start off removing front and rear seats, remove the plastic trim around the doors (they just pull off), the b-pillar covers, the center console (5 screws) and there are about half a dozen plastic screws holding the carpet in under the dash. That's about all there is to it.

The carpet itself has clear plastic clips around the edge that snap into place... this will keep it lined up right.

I'd say give yourself at least 2 hours for disassembly if it's your first time doing it.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:10 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
x 2...
Old 04-18-2006, 06:11 AM

cool, sounds pretty straight forward as long as I got the patience, I got some friends helping me and they've done similar stuff on other cars so it shouldn't be stressful. Thanks for the help guys appreciate it, payce out!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:39 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
You won't have any problems it is straight forward I had all the interior out of my STI in about 2 hours...No sweat
Old 04-18-2006, 04:30 PM

man some luck, the place where I'm supposedly getting the "carpet" is actually not the carpet, its just the "juping" (or whatever you call it) I was supposed to get it done at the upholstery place but like I said, I can't go without my car cause I need it transportation wise...anyway, enough whining, does anyone know where I can order a whole carpeting?? I'm just gonna request another check from the insurance, I rather just spend the whole day doing it myself rather than waiting another 2 to 3 days or more for my car again...thanks in advance guys!! payce