WRC begins on speedvision

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 12:58 AM

Car Info: Blue '04 WRX
WRC begins on speedvision

If you have digital cable, the 2005 WRC has just begun airing on SpeedVision (digital 214)...looks like a pretty sweet 16-course lineup in the coming weeks!

Unfortunately Subaru crashed out on this first day - Monte Carlo, but should be back up and running for the next course - Sweden. Not sure when the next leg airs, seems to be at least over a week away.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:37 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
hey jus, how much you charge to record that for me!? i don't get speedvision...

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 01-24-2005, 01:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Solberg crashed AGAIN?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:51 AM

Car Info: your mom.
if only Subaru could kick *** like the old days of Burns, Sainz, and McRae.

i'll try to record them and then download them to the archos. if you want em greg, i'll see if someone can burn em for ya.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:08 AM

Car Info: Blue '04 WRX
looked through the TV listing, seems the next is over a week away (listing only went a week out...i didn't see the next segment scheduled. Once someone knows when it's on, please post a reply. yeah greg, can do, no prob. or if hangbot got it, that works too. i got DVR, but i think i can only put to VHS.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:17 AM

Car Info: Renault Clio RS R27
Hope Citroen will kick *** again for their last season
Old 01-24-2005, 02:23 AM

kinda wish SEAT would get back in the mix
Old 01-24-2005, 08:30 AM

Car Info: 87 Honda Accord LX
Spectators threw snow onto the road between the gravel crew pass and Solbergs pass, he slid off and lost a wheel. Gronholm lost a wheel at the exact same spot but was able to continue
Old 01-24-2005, 12:09 PM

LoL, now the danger is not WRC car going to fast, but stupid a$$ h*le.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by shrieden
Spectators threw snow onto the road between the gravel crew pass and Solbergs pass, he slid off and lost a wheel. Gronholm lost a wheel at the exact same spot but was able to continue
If you can get me names and pictures I am going to go KILL someone! If I was Petter I would have gotten out of the car and beat their asses. I would have thrown the wheel at them.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:56 PM

Solberg don't blame the fan...

Former champion Marcus Gronholm has criticised fans for throwing snow onto the Col du Turini section of the final morning stage of this weekend's 2005 season-opening Rallye Automobile Monte Carlo after he crashed as a result. 2003 champion Petter Solberg also crashed out at the same corner on the same snow, but blamed himself for his retirement.

Gronholm was able to continue in fourth, but Solberg was forced out of the event. The practice has become almost a tradition on one of the highest points of the event, but this year has had more effect as the rally has been run on predominantly dry roads. Although gravel crews are allowed to go through the stages and take notes of new hazards, the additional snow thrown onto braking areas after this process can often catch them out.

A wheel was ripped off both drivers' cars. Gronholm was able to stagger back to service and get his car repaired by the Peugeot mechanics to resume the rally. Solberg's damage was more severe, however, leaving the Norwegian and his Subaru team pointless after an unlucky event.

"Once again it was that Col," said Gronholm. "Everybody knows the spectators throw snow on the road. I know they do that. But when I came and saw the snow it was already too late. Just before I went off I saw another wheel - not mine but Petter's. He'd already been off there. When my wheel came off I was sure it was over, but we drove 19km and the road section and got here. It's a big shame because second was looking good."

Solberg shared Gronholm's frustration, but blamed himself for the accident more than the fans. "It seems like this sort of luck is with me every time in Monte Carlo," he said. "I'm extremely disappointed. No mistakes all rally, we're catching up places, everything's perfect and then this. What's so frustrating is that I was so close to a good result and wasn't pushing the limit. You never try anything at that point. It's always slippery. I just made a mistake, braked too late and got caught out. It's as simple as that."
Old 01-24-2005, 03:49 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
thanks, that was great footage....
Old 01-25-2005, 12:04 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
Dang! not a good way to start the 2005 season. Petter crashed out on the third leg (day). I know hind sight is 20/20 but Petter was making a move for a podium spot. Currently in fourth, he had just set the fastest time for stages 10 & 11 bringing him up to third. Oh well, here's to better finish in Sweden. Subaru will be running three cars, so hope for maximum points there!
Old 02-12-2005, 12:39 AM

Sweden: 6pm this sunday on SPEED.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:35 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
someone please record- or invite me over to your place - i'm old fashioned cable
and if petter continues to crash we'll have to change his name to colin mcrae...

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*

Quick Reply: WRC begins on speedvision