WoW players

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:16 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
Hells yes on the BF2, but no on the Wow nonsense
translation "i got ganked as a lowbie and when i cried nobody helped me so i gave up."

it's ok. not everyone is good at everything.....it's better to stick to the stuff you can be good at.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:41 AM

Car Info: 04sti
Originally Posted by reid-o
Are you in that guild There's No TOmorrow?
I wish, but a good friend of mine is (toejams). It's a really good guild.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:50 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
translation "i got ganked as a lowbie and when i cried nobody helped me so i gave up."

it's ok. not everyone is good at everything.....it's better to stick to the stuff you can be good at.
I have watched to many peoples lives go down the toliet cuz they were addicted to that game. i never even played it.

Its like a drug for some folks. they have to have it or they dont function right.

I know a guy that plays the game when he gets off of work. doesnt move until 2 am goes to bed wakes up @ 6 am. go to work complains on how tired he is. comes home sits in front of the comp again. wash, rinse, repeat.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:55 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
^^this is true....when i bought the game the two guys at compusa asked me if i was ready to give up my life and live only for the game. i thought they were kidding but they really weren't. i know a lot of ppl who plan their life around it and i can see how you could play too much. there is just so much to do that it's hard to only play once in a while. i play a lot but it doesn't run my life....yet
Old 06-07-2008, 07:41 AM

Car Info: Honda Fit, WRX in Progress
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
I have watched to many peoples lives go down the toliet cuz they were addicted to that game. i never even played it.

Its like a drug for some folks. they have to have it or they dont function right.

I know a guy that plays the game when he gets off of work. doesnt move until 2 am goes to bed wakes up @ 6 am. go to work complains on how tired he is. comes home sits in front of the comp again. wash, rinse, repeat.
yeah...thats what i said about the game....my brother got out of the army jus as the game came out and he was hooked....i would leave for school at 7:30 and he would be at the computer; come back from school at noon and he would be in the same place; leave for work at 2, same place; come back at 11, same place.....crazy man....he kept pushin it on me like some kind of drug......
Old 06-07-2008, 10:00 AM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
I heard there have even been divorces over this game, because some guy put more time into playing than he gave to this wife... sad, really
Old 06-07-2008, 12:20 PM

Car Info: 2001 BRP RSTi
^^ That is true about alot of WoW players. I play but not very much which sucks sometimes cause the fanatics out level you so it gets kinda boring. I play on the Bladefist server with alot of people from here.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:31 PM

Someone mentioned today during the hike that they have WoW marriages....
Old 06-07-2008, 11:38 PM

Car Info: 2000 impreza rs
i know what you guys mean..i play this game but not to the point where it affects my life, its purely for leaisure. I went to visit my hometown for a couple of days after not being there for about a year and went to lunch with a couple of my friends. We had to cut the lunch short because my friend said that he had a raid to attend and that he couldn't be late. how lame is that, i was pretty pissed to say the least.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:41 PM

Hey your first post is about WoW lol, you could've continued having lunch even without that one friend there, just my 2 cents... and oh welcome to I-club
Old 06-08-2008, 12:08 AM

Car Info: 2013 WRX (wagonmafia)
WOW owns joooo! i know a guy that went thru marital problems because of it.. yes, it is wierdly ****ed.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:29 AM
banned

Car Info: .
The game is getting pretty old, and most of the stories of guys losing their lives is kind of in the past for the most part because Blizzard has targeted the casual player. But originally the game required tons of time to play.
I'm sure there are some out there that still do devote their lives to it; however recent numbers indicate a reduced interest and a different type of game play. If you want to check out weird, check out 2nd life. It's not even a game. It's a virtual world where people actually make money in the real world off of.

Most of the rumor/horror mills that get spread about the game were mostly the first year of the game when you actually had to play that much just to be sort of "average." I can add to the rumor with documented fact:
Guild crashes in game funeral (of a real dead person)
Girl in China dies while playing the game (malnutrition--but this was tied to game farming, where they get paid to play)
Documented marriages
One WoW related murder IRL
So the game definitely has its addictive tendencies and social dangers.

But like I said, this was mostly the 1st year of the game. It's now in its third year, and it's by far a different game than it was before, which is why I quit long ago, and which is why I've started to play again now. I played way too much in the original content, and then I quit and stopped. I came back when they made it more casual friendly. The really interesting part is that a lot of data indicates that the original player demographic have moved on because they feel the game is too easy and requires less time. I'm even boggled by that. They don't play any more cause it no longer sucks their life away. Go figure.

Last edited by reid-o; 06-08-2008 at 02:40 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
I've quit the game for about 6 months but prior to that I've been playing since open beta back in November of 2004.

The guy who got me into this game was none other than Richard(IS2Scooby).

I blame Richard.

but since then...full set of tier1/2/3/4/5, GM, Gladiator season1/2