world cup 2006

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:17 PM

Car Info: Storme..
good prediction chuck! good good!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:26 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
that was a great game with germany and argentina. i'm sad that they lost. and that guy should have got a red card for hitting the argentina's goalie. i mean he took him out of the game.

and the italian game was a breeze. i feel bad for ukraine i accepted a little better performance from they.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:10 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Rooney is now the new Beckham back in 98. Oh man, I don't think the ref saw what he did. Another bs call. Lampard & Gerrald... their best PKer... all missed.

Ironically, most of the Portuguese players (like the hero C. Ronaldo) play for England Premier League teams... I don't think they are welcome anymore. lol

Final note, was it just me or did anyone else saw Podoski (Germany striker) did a **** Salute after his kick???? @_@

Watching France v. Brazil now, should be a fine match!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 03:53 PM

OMG brasil is out. france took them out again! 1-0 win for france. i missed the england game. so what are u talking about chucky what did rooney do? is there a vid anywhere for me to see it?
Old 07-01-2006, 06:11 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
I wouldn't have picked France over Brazil, but several threads I read didn't think Brazil was at the level they needed to be.

San
Old 07-01-2006, 07:02 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
i hope germany don't do a detroit pistons
Old 07-01-2006, 10:25 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
France came out good, they played better today! I still see Germany in Final!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:58 PM

^^^^ i dunno i hoping for italy to be in the finals and to take it home it will be a great game to watch
Old 07-02-2006, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
OMG brasil is out. france took them out again! 1-0 win for france. i missed the england game. so what are u talking about chucky what did rooney do? is there a vid anywhere for me to see it?
rooney kicked i think it was costinha in the ***** when they were fighting for a 50-50 ball. it was pretty clear. he tried to make it seem subtle, but the ref was right there. he deserved that card. at first, i didn't think he did anything, but after i replayed it, yep, he gave him a good kick to the ***** man, dangerous.

brasil just got shut down from france. france's defense was phenomenal. they had double teams going everywhere, the forwards had no space to move, and the outside was shut down. good coaching. cafu and roberto carlos were shut down, as a result, they couldn't open up the middle too much. also, ronaldo isn't the same like before, and adriano didn't do much either.

zidane is just money. for a guy that isn't in his prime anymore, he still got skillz. man, in his prime, he was just unstoppable.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tiare
France came out good, they played better today! I still see Germany in Final!
the only thing that i saw that was holding back france was their chemistry. once they get things clicking, they're pretty much unstoppable. however, i think zidane is the chemistry, he's the one that keeps things together. that's something that i think brasil lacked. they needed someone to step up and take charge. they were getting by with sheer talent and not much leadership on the field.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:51 AM

Car Info: Storme..
i would also like to see italy overcome germany and then take the final..
Old 07-02-2006, 05:04 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by clamdip
rooney kicked i think it was costinha in the ***** when they were fighting for a 50-50 ball. it was pretty clear. he tried to make it seem subtle, but the ref was right there. he deserved that card. at first, i didn't think he did anything, but after i replayed it, yep, he gave him a good kick to the ***** man, dangerous.

brasil just got shut down from france. france's defense was phenomenal. they had double teams going everywhere, the forwards had no space to move, and the outside was shut down. good coaching. cafu and roberto carlos were shut down, as a result, they couldn't open up the middle too much. also, ronaldo isn't the same like before, and adriano didn't do much either.

zidane is just money. for a guy that isn't in his prime anymore, he still got skillz. man, in his prime, he was just unstoppable.
I thought Rooney step on the dude's thigh. Oh well, he did that **** on purpose and it cost his team, his nation a chance.

Yup, that was what I notice too... whenever Ronaldinho got the ball, he was double-teamed... that was every time... Very good defense and I applaud France for staying w/ Brazil throughout the 90+ minutes. The strategy paid off.

Germany v. France in the Final... France is on a roll and I see them carrying this new found momentum right thru Portugal.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:09 AM

Car Info: 04 WRB WRX
im over here in germany and got to be around alot of the world cup action...went to the usa/ghana game and it rocked!! the parties around here are awesome and so is the overall atmosphere...im hoping for a germany win cause i wont have to work if they are in the final ;P
Old 07-03-2006, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by kirbwrx
im over here in germany and got to be around alot of the world cup action...went to the usa/ghana game and it rocked!! the parties around here are awesome and so is the overall atmosphere...im hoping for a germany win cause i wont have to work if they are in the final ;P
yeah, that's what i love about europe, and it's something that america will never understand about football. it's bigger than most people think in europe as compared to US football, basketball, and baseball. when i was in spain and the euro 2000 was going on, spain was in it and i could not believe the amount of support and especially the parties that go on. and when talking about city rivalries, oh man, i thought the 49ers and raiders were big, madrid and barcelona games are CRAZY! we're talking people flying beer bottles and everything at the players, fights breaking out, everything. i was talking with this one guy and he said that's just how it is. haha.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by kirbwrx
oh by the way, i'm jealous that you're in germany right now. can you hook me up with a job??? haha. nah, but can you? haha.

Quick Reply: world cup 2006