wOOt X2!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 09:10 AM

Actually I was looking for any Hawaii owners reviews for the STi AP.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
yeah, i finally got to drive it last night and it was good. the only thing is that i am wondering how long it takes for the ecu to learn again because my car feels a touch retarded. haha. almost like the timing is a little pulled back. on boost it is good though. you can feel the torque.

my setup. 100% stock w/ just the APort 91 oct. gonna try the 93 oct with gas soon. i think we need drag racers #'s to see the difference.

b
Old 06-14-2004, 02:43 PM

yeah, im supposed to pick up my AP today from UPS. my car is going to be running that same setup for now. the 100% stock with just the AP 91 oct.

-Snuff
Old 06-14-2004, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

been reading more into it. seems like it needs a few days to relearn. once it has learned, it would be good to check the boost levels peaking to see if it is at the correct level (which i gotta find and write down again).

stage 2 might have a CEL fix built in regarding the test pipe o2 sensor. but not stage 1.
hey jon, do you know for sure?

hey snuff. don't forget to turn off your radio because midway into it, you turn your car to the ON position and they say to have everything off. the green connectors are on the fender side vs under the middle of the dash (the pic looked like the middle, but it was probably my eyes interpretation)

b

b
Old 06-14-2004, 05:33 PM
VIP Member

just drove the car again. definitely doesn't feel retarded anymore like yesterday felt. drives like normal now. never pounded it though. anyone know how accurate the boost meter display on the APort is? i know it reads from the ecu or something, so it should be dead on right? in otherwords hopefully i won't be needing another boost guage.

NOTE: after initialization, the car had a hard time starting for about 10 seconds. then it was fine. i guess it was the ecu starting for the first time. so don't worry if it happens to you.

b
Old 06-14-2004, 05:49 PM

Thanks for the heads up...ill probably get it installed in the next 2 hours or so.
hey can i give you a call if i run into any problems?

-Snuff

p.s. i dont think i still have your number.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:14 PM

Damn, I just read that some of the early STi buyers are having problems with the ECU not taking the maps from the AP. Crap i dont think anyone in the US has eariler models then us in hawaii, at least the ones that bought the first batch. So it looks like my AP probably wont work.

-Snuff
Old 06-15-2004, 10:52 AM
VIP Member

update. car definitely had to relearn. now the car drives very well. boost comes on earlier and no dull feeling anymore for the past 2 days.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:43 AM

update. the first batch of STis that landed on hawaii seem to be ok, well at least mine was. it took the flash with no problems, and it took me 10 mins or less. by the way i purchased my STi back in march of 03. it seems the STis that rolled out around may or so might have been the problem ones.

the car drives a lot better, its much smoother, seems to pull past 5k now. when i just drive the car normally (without revving it up) the gear shifts tend to be more civil. i dont feel that sudden rush as before, that jerky feeling.

-Snuff
Old 06-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Can't wait till mine gets here!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 12:40 PM
VIP Member

hey snuffy. so you didn't need to let your computer relearn? mine needed that day to feel better. did it have a hard time starting after the initialization?

dan. is that wait til it gets here or wait til you get here??? i wanna see some drag #'s.

b
Old 06-15-2004, 02:05 PM

I dont think i had to let it relearn...but then again maybe im a fool and its going to get better? it had no problem starting up after i re-flashed it. the idle was nice and smooth..sometimes i dont even know the car is on when im at a light. it doesnt seem like i have to shift very aggresively to keep it in boost now. maybe i should have you drive my car and see if it feels the same as yours. i might just be fooled and think its better when its not. hahaha
Old 06-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Originally Posted by b_drift

dan. is that wait til it gets here or wait til you get here??? i wanna see some drag #'s.
I'm back on island, and the AP is on it's way! Sould be here by Friday.

My drag #'s may be off a little. I don't know what map ( stage 1 or 2 ) to run.....I have a PDE down-pipe w/ stock cat-back. I'll call Cobb and see what they say.

b, I'm down for some drags as soon as I get the AP. So maybe we can meet up at the track. It's been a while since we've meet up in real life and I have some ideas I want to bounce off you.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:29 PM

i seen somewhere that if you have a downpipe you should choose stg 2
Old 06-15-2004, 07:06 PM
VIP Member

yeah, seems like the minimum for stage 2 is a DP and efficient cat? seen it on cobb forum somewhere. hmm. maybe mine will go on this weekend.....torque is gonna be nuts.

b

Quick Reply: wOOt X2!