Woo Hoo!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 05:16 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Woo Hoo!

Ok more clutter for the Hawaii forum, but I gotta share.

There are three major worries in my life now.

1. Having a safe baby. We had some tests done at about 3 months and got all sorts of worrying results. Telling us we have a 1:40 chance of Down syndrome and other problems with the pregnancy when my wife at age 34 should be about a 1:365 or so. Of course we worried to death. Well the amnio came back today and ALL IS GOOD! My wife (Mariefe) is at 5 months now and no forseen problems! Thank God! A little Liam Ethan Weil is coming into the world in about May and in Hawaii even better yet.

I should start a poll on this one. What the heck will the baby look like grown up.

Dad: 6'4" 190lbs
Mom: 4'11" 85lbs

Hmm, short white kid, tall asian kid, something in between? Hmm... Could be interesting...

2. Moving to Hawaii. Dammit I wanna be there. Ok, patience grasshopper. Should be there Mid-February.

3. I WANT AN STI! Ok, giving up on that one after calling dealers here in Vegas and in Boise and anywhere else I could have had one shipped to Hawaii. Plain old STILL KICK *** FAST WRX here I come.

So of course #1 is the most important, but the others are important to my mental well-being.

Anyone heard anything on STi's in Hawaii? Goint to call Jeff at Subaru there tomorrow about the Red WRX on lot and ask about the STi's as a long shot.

Later all, hope to be getting a tan with all of you in the coming month.

Dave
Old 01-07-2003, 08:47 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Congratulations! I know all will be well.

Pretty meaningless, but here are the stats that produced my STRIKINGLY HANDSOME (that's arguable. ) 5'8 15/16" 170 lb. white-boy lookin' unit:

Dad: 6'2" 180lb French/English/Irish/German
Mom: 5'2" 100lb Japanese
Me: 5'8 15/16" 170lb Hapa Pimp with heavy amounts of game

Your son/daughter should be all set!

Richard...

P.S. 6'4"? I hope you realize that when you move to Hawaii you are going to be in like the 1% tallest people out here. I know when I moved to the mainland for college I couldn't get over the first person whom I befriended that was 6'3". I used to stare up at him jealously and shuffle my feet along with hoop-pipe dreams.

We all stare at Dan and Pat who are what? 6'2"?
Old 01-07-2003, 08:48 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
P.S. Did I mention that I'm jealous?
Old 01-07-2003, 08:58 PM

Dave,

I called the dealer today. They will have more info on STi's around the 15th. They do plan to bring them in, but don't know how many, and the timeframe I got was June/July. Sounds like they would also take deposits once they get more info.

Tim
Old 01-07-2003, 09:46 PM

Awesome, could be the right timeframe for me to put a deposit down. I was going to call them all today, but got too busy here getting rid of all my crap for the move. God I hate selling stuff on Ebay. Oh well, got rid of a closet full of my motorcycling gear and made a couple grand.

Any idea on deposit amount? Which dealer did you talk to? I will probably call Jeff soon and chat with him. I could wait for June/July as long as I knew I had an STi on hold...

Thanks for the info!

Dave
Old 01-07-2003, 09:48 PM

Originally posted by IS2Scooby
Congratulations! I know all will be well.

Pretty meaningless, but here are the stats that produced my STRIKINGLY HANDSOME (that's arguable. ) 5'8 15/16" 170 lb. white-boy lookin' unit:

Dad: 6'2" 180lb French/English/Irish/German
Mom: 5'2" 100lb Japanese
Me: 5'8 15/16" 170lb Hapa Pimp with heavy amounts of game

Your son/daughter should be all set!

Richard...

P.S. 6'4"? I hope you realize that when you move to Hawaii you are going to be in like the 1% tallest people out here. I know when I moved to the mainland for college I couldn't get over the first person whom I befriended that was 6'3". I used to stare up at him jealously and shuffle my feet along with hoop-pipe dreams.

We all stare at Dan and Pat who are what? 6'2"?
I think we are set. Most white-asian half-breeds look pretty decent. I coulda used some asian in me to help in that category. =) Course then I would lose about 8 inches, in heighth of course. =)

I still cant dunk tho, its true white men CANNOT jump! Atleast this one sure cant and I really dont have that far to go.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:36 AM

Dave,
I was referred to and talked to Chris. I think he is the Sales Manager for Schuman Subaru? Sounds like he didn't have enough info at this point other then knowning about it and that they will bring some in.
It seems that around $500 is the typical deposit most are asking for though less may make more sense until you are able to figure out what color, price, etc.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:25 PM

Oh, only $500. I was thinking they would want like $5,000 or something. Cool, will give a call and try and hop on the list asap...