Wicked Machine Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 11:30 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by Rexstang
Spead Gear is on the lower level of Ala Moana shopping center. Let him know your plans and that you're an I-club guy. If Farid is not there then talk to Dylan.
Funny. I took the wife to Ala Moana and what do I see, Speed Gear, hah funny. NO CLUE it was there. I missed Farid and had no idea who to talk to. Need to place the order for the TXS FMIC, Perrin Short Ram and some other things. Probably XEDE as well.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:31 PM

Originally posted by hiwrx
Had a bad experience with WMR. Took them over 3 months to get something really simple. Kept getting the run around. I had to resort to driving over there constantly to put the pressure and see what was up. They finally gave in and refunded my money.
Speedgear is definitely pretty cool. Got my bov from them. They got wrx stuff, but they seem to be low or out of stock on many performance items right now.
Yeah was sorta poking around in there and didnt see a lot. Saw some seats I want tho, but those can wait for more important mods.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:33 AM

Originally posted by Rexstang
Spead Gear is on the lower level of Ala Moana shopping center. Let him know your plans and that you're an I-club guy. If Farid is not there then talk to Dylan.
I agree with jas.....Speed Gear IS the place. Always able to make a deal and that's usually include tax......for me anyway.

I mostly dealt with Dylan.

kden,
JD
Old 02-27-2003, 10:28 AM

AH ok, will do. Going to head in there today and chat with them.

Originally posted by drak-10
I agree with jas.....Speed Gear IS the place. Always able to make a deal and that's usually include tax......for me anyway.

I mostly dealt with Dylan.

kden,
JD
Old 03-08-2003, 09:13 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Re: wmr sucks

Originally posted by DUB REX
I know for a fact wmr is dirty. i ordered stuff from them once and it took 3 months to get it. they gave me a serious run around. it turned out the guy who sold me the rims quit and now works somewhere else. he finally told me the truth on how wmr always never has the money to pay for shipping and most of the products are at the docks. what they do is wait till they make another sale to cover the costs of shipping of the previous order. and of course this just recycles over and over. i will never buy anything from them again.
So because they hold things to ship until it fills a large container, that makes them dirty?
Old 03-08-2003, 09:14 PM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
are u serious

so do u think this is what they are doin to me with my UTEC i have been waiting for for the last 4 1/2 months
Old 03-08-2003, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Originally posted by mario
so do u think this is what they are doin to me with my UTEC i have been waiting for for the last 4 1/2 months
The Utechs are just on backorder and take a while to get shiped. It took about that long for me to get mine also
Old 03-08-2003, 09:22 PM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
ok at least im not alone but i wish i did more research on were to get them at because a guy in seatle has em and said he could have it to me in two days but he would not have given me a better deal than wmr though 1900 for stage 2 w/ UTEC
Old 03-08-2003, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
WMR

Definately not a place I'd return to. They only take cash, that should make you suspicious. I can PM you more details if you'd like, like what WMR really stands for.

San
Old 03-08-2003, 09:54 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
I hope you guys realize that A LOT of places will not order things each time someone orders something, especially in an isolated place as this. They just can't afford it, they try to give 'better' prices, but you end up having to wait longer.

AND since when do they only take cash??
Old 03-08-2003, 11:34 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
WMR

Have they ever taken anything but cash? Not from me. Wouldn't take a check (I'm military) or a credit card. Didn't think too much about it until after I saw what I got for my dollar. Then it was too late. Really not trying to bash them, but their expertise/service had much suck. Where's My Refund?

San
Old 03-09-2003, 03:05 AM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
I've always used my credit card there.
and not many places will take checks, ... If I owned a shop, I sure as hell wouldn't.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX
I use my credit card there all the time also
Old 03-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
You can get almost everything you need from Speedgear, then get your engine management from Shiv.

Quick Reply: Wicked Machine Racing?