Why? A Evo story

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 02:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by RallyGC
It's true the military community has a higher concentration of douchers driving nice cars. I blame it on deploying so much. If you give a guy enough money to buy a nice car its bound to happen. The truth is I know a couple guys I work with that have Evos and STI that know nothing about their car or its history. They just bought it because it is "fast". As far as driving it like madmen, I am going to have to agree that's not necessarily at a higher level in the military because they do take it seriously. When a normal person gets pulled over for speeding they pay the ticket. When we get pulled over for speeding, we pay a ticket, sit in front of our superiors, and then who knows, maybe stand at the front gate holding a do not speed sign on a Sat afternoon. Just my .02
hey I was one of those guys that bought a bugeye back in 03 and didn't know anything about my car. hell I still don't

but yeah you are right, military guys are subject to double jeopardy. Article 134 is the loop hole for anything unbecoming. gotta love the military. I have to say though I have had my soldiers out in full battle rattle holding a sign that says buckle up on the side of the road...yeah im ****....but guess what they always wore their seat belts after that.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:36 AM

Car Info: 2005 subaru legacy gt
its just the drivers in general that are at fault. i've been shunned by the subie and evo community because i drive a legacy
Old 03-15-2010, 05:04 AM

Car Info: 01 Impreza 2.5RS (GM6) & '08 Evo MR
Originally Posted by johnboi85
its just the drivers in general that are at fault.
FACT. very true... the word I was looking for.... who cares what car they.... you... or I am driving.. IT HAPPENS. people will act up & they will drive stupid... & this brings back another memory when I had that incident with a fellow suby owner... blah blah blah.... blah blah blah...
Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 AM

Car Info: Hi, I'm John.
...so how much HP did the Evo have?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:43 AM

Car Info: Java Black 04' STI
Originally Posted by chuynh207
I know, damn military ricers!! I see so many of them and it's just too funny watching them. I've seen some JACKED up Evos from the mainland cuz those guys have no idea how to mod their cars and just slap together random parts lol
How do you figure that guys from the mainland don't know how to mod their cars??? Because there are more people, you will see more examples of stupid mods. So only guys from Hi. know how to mod their cars?!? That sounds ignorant.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:53 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
Originally Posted by Wally's World
How do you figure that guys from the mainland don't know how to mod their cars??? Because there are more people, you will see more examples of stupid mods. So only guys from Hi. know how to mod their cars?!? That sounds ignorant.
Relax holmes. He's from the mainland, i believe. He said some evos, and he was(or still is??) an evo owner.

Last edited by 808subaru; 03-15-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:51 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon and 08 Civic Si
to put it plainly there are car guys or girls that mod the car and drive it normally on the street and use their skills on the track, then there is a wannabe car guy who has no clue on what a BOV is besides it makes a cool wooosh when he lets off the gas, so he drives like a a** to show off his mod that he could not even install himself. and all the other mods on his car are beacuse the guy in the magazine put it on his car so it must be good.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 2015 CWP STI
The stupid drivers are not limited to Subie and Evo owners, or the mainland and Hawaii, they're everywhere. I saw an SRT-4 blow off right past me as I got out of my car, only to stall out 50 yds after because he had no recirc. He thought he was cool with a BOV but he made an *** out of himself for not tuning his car for it. And then there's Honda Civic DX's that try to call me out with their fat can and automatic transmissions. Not too different on the mainland, but the Philippines got some funny ****, as well as Okinawa. There are some guys that just take it too far to the Fast and the Furious level.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:28 PM

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by Thug Nasty
...so how much HP did the Evo have?

Well that depends....how many stickers did it have, and were they LARGE? or strategically placed under the side-view mirrors? My friend said that I get 5hp per sticker - it must be true! oh and BOV adds at least 20hp cuz of the stronger spring..keeping the...boost..inside...the...tube
Old 03-16-2010, 11:10 PM

Car Info: AW 08 STI
There's gonna be idiot driver's wherever you go. It has nothing to do with what type of car or person. I don't know how many times I was passed up by psycho soccer moms in their mini van. And I know this sounds crazy but, I had Washington Highway Patrol try to race me at 3 in the morning when I was heading to work. I think that all us Subie owners ALWAYS notice other sports cars and wonder what they are thinkin bout ours. Same with other sport car owners. But we never thread about that toyota tacoma that flew past us on H3. Just my spare change.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:17 AM

Car Info: 04 STI
I <3 Subaru
Old 03-18-2010, 06:53 AM

Car Info: Renault Clio RS R27
You guys might not like that comment, but 3/4 STi owner in Tahiti are douchbag.

Always want to race, always claiming they have have 10sec suby.
So far the result is Evo 4 - 0 STi.

Cars are not to blame, owners are.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Hey Ted,

But then again...some return from the dark side...

Originally Posted by kolohe_04sti
Hey dan, he didn't know who he's messing with...lol! Glad u kept ur cool as always. probably why some evo owners are getting suby's instead.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
Originally Posted by Island Style
Hey Ted,

But then again...some return from the dark side...

...and welcome back brent! Can't wait to see the new ride.