Why did the AMS tunning thread get deleted?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 2009 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
today is no good how is friday?
friday is ok but i have an appointment at around 330-4
Old 10-08-2009, 11:41 AM

Car Info: grandmas car
Originally Posted by dasnauz
Wish mine could have gone as well... I now need to find someone who can look at my boost controller, fuel pressure regulator, and wide band. None of which where working properly when i got there. Anyone have suggestions?
didnt you know you would have failed? i think you tried to tune before (with someone else) and they told you all your problems before...should have fixed it before retuning.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
didnt you know you would have failed? i think you tried to tune before (with someone else) and they told you all your problems before...should have fixed it before retuning.
no the first guy was retarded and said my injectors didnt "feel" like 850cc injectors. So from there i assumed he didnt know how to opperate the equipement.

so when i went to the tune this weekend i at least knew i had someone who knows what they are talking about
Old 10-08-2009, 03:14 PM

Car Info: 07STI
The tuner your talking about has tuned my car and a few others that don't post here often. He is a really smart guy and if he still posted on this forum he would give a very detailed explanation on what went on with your car when he tried to tune it. I'm just saying there are two sides to every story.

This is not meant towards you but to everyone that is into modifying their cars.
The problem is to many people don't check and re-check their cars prior a tune. Along with a few maintenance steps the vehicle owner should take before throwing it on a dyno and doing X amount of WOT pulls since this can lead to a catastrophic event. Especially if the tuner is from out of state and your running on limited time. Taking these measures will insure that when it comes time for the vehicle to be tune the chances of a mechanical problem will be "slim". I have made this mistake before so I am guilty of this too. The best thing is to learn from it and get it ready for next time.

I also heard AMS is coming out in December is this true ****?
Old 10-08-2009, 05:05 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
yes!! its true i will have them post up about it when chris and i confirm the final date. we have a date we both agree on but he is still on the bigisland so he will contact me next week with the final word
Old 10-08-2009, 06:04 PM

sweet!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by STiAlain
The tuner your talking about has tuned my car and a few others that don't post here often. He is a really smart guy and if he still posted on this forum he would give a very detailed explanation on what went on with your car when he tried to tune it. I'm just saying there are two sides to every story.

This is not meant towards you but to everyone that is into modifying their cars.
The problem is to many people don't check and re-check their cars prior a tune. Along with a few maintenance steps the vehicle owner should take before throwing it on a dyno and doing X amount of WOT pulls since this can lead to a catastrophic event. Especially if the tuner is from out of state and your running on limited time. Taking these measures will insure that when it comes time for the vehicle to be tune the chances of a mechanical problem will be "slim". I have made this mistake before so I am guilty of this too. The best thing is to learn from it and get it ready for next time.

I also heard AMS is coming out in December is this true ****?
im not trying to give the first guy that did the tune a bad name or i would have said who i went to. my biggest issue is him saying that the injectors felt stock.

Other then the boost controller being possibly bad there wasnt any indication of the other 2 being bad
Old 10-08-2009, 07:55 PM

im not trying to give the first guy that did the tune a bad name or i would have said who i went to. my biggest issue is him saying that the injectors felt stock.

Other then the boost controller being possibly bad there wasnt any indication of the other 2 being bad
I understand where your coming from.

I think he plans on posting here to give you a better explanation of what happen that day since he said he really didn't get a chance to talk to you about the issue.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tuner
When we tried to raise the boost in your car, it didn’t seem as though the solenoid was working and that took up most of our time. We actually spent a few hours tracing the wiring because we didn’t install the controller and didn’t know what was going on. All the parts were new, so we honestly assumed that it was installation related.

Then we installed an MBC to verify if your turbo was working properly (so we eliminated that as a cause) and sure enough, boost shot to 15psi from 7psi.. So we then did a leak test to verify that everything was leak free in your system, and we found a few small ones but nothing major. Mind you I wasn’t there to troubleshoot all of that. So we did a lot of troubleshooting for you.

I spent a small amount of time trying to dial in a safe air/fuel ratio on the street, as I was having to use a different injector scalar and deadtime than the one printed on your injector sheet. I didn’t say that the injectors didn’t feel like 850s. I said I that I had to use a different scalar than the one for 850s. I did get your target A/F to 11.5:1 to redline very quickly. So as far as the scalar was concerned, it was “almost like not having 850s.” I had to use a different value than what I was technically supposed to. But I did get it calibrated. But moving that scalar is not a bad thing. I did tell you that. I guess you only heard one part of it. Maybe I gave you too much information than giving it to you plain. I tend to do that.

One of the complaints that locals here have for mainland tuners is their lack of communication. I tried to explain to you my process and what was happening, but you didn’t seem to really care to talk about it. So that was my fault for not explaining it well. I apologize. But I really did try to explain the technical side to you. I didn’t mean to say that they were all bad.

Also, I’m not sure if you posted it for fun, but if you have fuel pressure regulator issues, then that explains a lot about the scalar that I had to use because they’re related. But me moving the scalar around was not a bad thing for your car.

If you feel that was wrong move for me to do, to stop to save you money, then I apologize. I think I did what AMS did. I stopped. Seth from Sonics really wanted to put your car on the dyno the next day, and I was pretty adamant that it would be useless without boost control, as I hadn’t been able to log above 7psi. Also I was also pretty adamant about roughing your car in on the street, being able to turn the boost up and verifying you’re a/f which is what AMS would do, but they would do it on the dyno.
This is what he wanted me to post.

Last edited by STiAlain; 10-08-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:08 PM

well if you still need the help with the innovate call me 8083067789 5-6pm will be good for me
Old 10-08-2009, 09:09 PM

Car Info: 08 LR STI
no the first guy was retarded and said my injectors didnt "feel" like 850cc injectors. So from there i assumed he didnt know how to opperate the equipement.
i know of only 1 tuner (suby) on the island that does other peoples cars. for you to call this guy retarded is just as stupid as the people asking for free t-shirts and stickers. he offered you his opinion and it sounds as if you didn't like it. instead of asking him to clarify, it sounds like you made a judgement about his abilities.

i'm not saying your stupid, but calling him retarded was. what experience do you have with subarus? i noticed you joined i-club last month so my suggestion to you is do your research. personnaly, i learned more about my car from iwsti than i-club.

so when i went to the tune this weekend i at least knew i had someone who knows what they are talking about
what, because AMS's Chris is from the mainland? WTF are you trying to say? the local guy here told you pretty much the same thing, that your car had some issues that needed to be addressed before tuning.

how long have your parts been installed? did you inspect the work after installation? did you notice your car acting different after the install?

who installed your parts? if you paid someone to install them, i suggest you go back and get some money refunded or have them re-install the parts properly.

if you installed all your parts, sorry for your bad luck. i did my own stuff too. but i checked my work and the "easy" turbo back install was good enough to get tuned to 282/328. look for "HIIC Tuning Days - 2008".

if you come to the meat tomorrow, i suggest you stay away from the guy with the red 08. he's grumpy and doesn't like ignorant people.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 PM

I think his car was tuned before also by a mainland tuner. (tho i could be wrong)
Old 10-08-2009, 11:01 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX
Let play nice now....
Old 10-08-2009, 11:23 PM

Car Info: 08 lgt
LOL @ stay away from the grumpy guy in the red 08. I haven't had any problems with that guy. He's super chill in my book lol.

December, December. That's a long time to be waiting. Maybe I should start putting money away. Maybe not...Who knows.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:16 AM

lol yeh the guy in the red 08 is cool peeps.....I'm saving my pennies for dec haha

Quick Reply: Why did the AMS tunning thread get deleted?