Who Wants To Seriously Get A Tune??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 11:26 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
Wink

quite frankly i don't know/care who you are oldmansan..(old man named san?) anyways..what would you think my initial reaction would be to someone saying "I"m not afraid to call you a noob" then blab on basically trying to down talk me? or basically being a d!ck?? c'mon now....and whatever nonsense u posted about this web page or forum "deteriorating" you are the main reason why it's doing so, in this scenario..I mean if you're this person of "respect, knowledge", or whatever it may be at least act like one! don't act like some know it all stuck up *****..that kinda attitude will get you slapped silly son...and yes it is a shame that these boards are deteriorating..old school peeps like you should try your hardest to prevent it..not promote it! if you don't think something was coming back from me after you basically antagonized me like that..get real... I never tried/meant to offend anybody w/ my post on saying that "why would we need a tune, the tracks are closing" if anything it's quite sad that they're closing. as I mentioned i live on the big island at the moment and will be moving back to oahu within a month..I read/see pictures of everyone auto x'ing and i WAS looking foward to doing it myself, but obviously wont be possible..and I also said that i wouldn't mind getting a tune myself..i guess i shouldn't have ever expressed my own opinion about the tracks and a tune..as i mentioned earlier i feel that a tune would benefit me the MOST if i could actually use the full potential of my car on the tracks...but of course a tune is great none the less...you can come back w/ whatever wise remarks you want to, but I really don't want to "deteriorate" this board..i had to get one last word in though..and by the way i was just being sarcastic calling you a noob, i could care less if you an absolute genius about subarus or dumb as a brick..I just didn't like the way you came back w/ that comment..didn't your mama ever say if you don't got nothing nice to say then don't say it at all? u should try it..i don't do it all the time but i honestly try...anyhow, have a great week and valentines day! i rest my case!
Old 02-13-2006, 04:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by iNfEk
:banana:

hey pat did you get my PM on the software you sent me? PM me later
Still nothing.

Hey, did you try G10 and G11 in the model? G11 is for our cars.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
i'll try it again!

thanks Pat
Old 02-13-2006, 02:58 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
will be getting prices soon..
Old 02-15-2006, 01:14 PM

heres how it looks. price a little higher then what i expected BUT you have to remember it has to be worth it for them to come and fly out here..

> For 5 people it would be $500 per person, if there was 10 then it
would be
> $450 per person. For 10 people we would need to spread it over a
weekend 5
> could be done on a Saturday.
>
> We can offer tuning for EcuTek (WRX and EVO Licenses would need to be
> purchased if not already on the vehicle for a reduced price), Cobb
Pro
> Tune,
> UTEC, Hydra, TEC 3 and Link.
>
> Let me know mate as we would need 3 weeks notice to set this all up.
>
anyone still interested? its a lot of money but ill still be down....most likely..
Old 02-15-2006, 01:50 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
if anyone is interested im sourcing an extra center diff so i can weld it for dyno tuning let you know on the progress
Old 02-15-2006, 02:43 PM

Car Info: subaru
Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
if anyone is interested im sourcing an extra center diff so i can weld it for dyno tuning let you know on the progress
But if you tune it for RWD and switch it back to AWD, won't the engine be running with different parameters than what you tuned it for? I don't have the answers, I just pose the questions...

Last edited by YamazakiSubaru; 02-15-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:31 PM

Car Info: Aspen White STI
Originally Posted by oldmansan
really don't post here often, but sometimes I feel it's necessary. If you've been around at all, you know iNfek and gpatmac are some of the board regulars. I've been on this board for some time. I ain't no n00b. Check my profile. 2002 bugeye. Don't think for a minute it ain't fast. Don't think for a minute it don't corner. Matter of fact, think for a minute, especially before you post again. I don't pose, I ain't that pretty.

San

You're going to talk **** about people's grammar and at the same time use words like ain't. Is it fun to rip on people who know less than you and don't use proper "gramma"? Why is it that the people who have been a part of this forum since it began think they're so much better than everyone else and know everything there is to know. I'm not speaking about everyone to make myself clear, but I think you know who you are. People should try and be a little more friendly and helpful instead of making others feel stupid for being a "noob". Just my 2 cents! Please don't make me cry with your responses!
Old 02-15-2006, 03:55 PM

ok now i know what its like to get hijacked but please, enough already, ok guys? mahalo
Old 02-15-2006, 04:13 PM

Sorry about that Myron!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
hmm last i check ain't is a word according to Merriam and Webster dictionary. if it wasn't a word it wouldn't be there

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/ain't

oh sorry Myron I'll stop also I just wanted to clear this up since we have so many grammar scholars here.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:00 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
did they give you a price for the ecutek licence??
Old 02-15-2006, 05:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by zillig04
You're going to talk **** about people's grammar and at the same time use words like ain't. Is it fun to rip on people who know less than you and don't use proper "gramma"? Why is it that the people who have been a part of this forum since it began think they're so much better than everyone else and know everything there is to know. I'm not speaking about everyone to make myself clear, but I think you know who you are. People should try and be a little more friendly and helpful instead of making others feel stupid for being a "noob". Just my 2 cents! Please don't make me cry with your responses!
i know what you mean though!!! i hope i didn't come across you that way...if i did then oopss sorry...
Old 02-15-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by de pilipino guy
i know what you mean though!!! i hope i didn't come across you that way...if i did then oopss sorry...
Not you Rudy, and thanks for the support.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:50 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
zillig04,

Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Copyright 1976 (30 years ago)

"ain't 1a: are not <you ~ going> <they ~ here> <things ~ what they used to be> (especially on this board) b: is not <it ~ raining> <he's here, ~ he> c: am not <I ~ ready> - though disapproved by many and more common in less educated speech, used orally in most parts of the U.S. by many cultivated speakers esp. in the phrase ain't I 2 substandard a: have not <I ~ seen him> <you ~ told us> b: has not <he ~ got the time> <~ the doctor come yet>"

Seriously, this thread was about a tune. It still should be.

People on Suby boards typically know who to listen to and who to avoid. I get a lot of PMs and I answer if I'm knowledgable about the matter (or if I'm not). I'll be the first to admit when I don't know the answer. I and others have been around these boards for a long time. We've done a lot of reading and research. You don't have to listen to our opinions. You're free to do what you like, but we've learned from trials, tribulation, and mistakes (as well as success). We are hesitant to take advice (or crap) from people we don't know, people who haven't contributed, and people who post dumb questions.

This board is fairly forgiving. If your feelings are hurt on this board, try posting "which BOV gives you the most horsepower" on NASIOC. You'll be roasted alive.

This forum (Hawaii) used to have some good technical information. So much so that the board founder insisted we post technical posts in the appropriate forum.

Maybe I'm just too "old school", or maybe just too "old" period. I remember when you posted up about needing help with an install, and ten or more showed up to help.

Yeah, depending on the timeframe, I'm down for a tune. Where can we tune?

San

Quick Reply: Who Wants To Seriously Get A Tune??