What's up my Hawaiian neighbors, I'm coming to haunt you!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
What's up my Hawaiian neighbors, I'm coming to haunt you!

My gf and I are gonna take a trip to Maui in the next couple of weeks cuz we need to get away from all the hussle and bussle of the Bay Area... I've been to Oahu and Maui before, and Maui is my type of place (because of the observatory, etc, etc, so I'm going to Maui for sure).

My question to you guys is, where is the best place to stay that isn't crap? Last time I was there we stayed at the Kanapali (spelling?) shores hotel and it was pretty nice... but it was VERY wind... The guy at the desk said that side of the island is windy compared to the other, is that true?

Last time we hung out near the sharaton and it was very nice.

Any tips would be appreciated. Perhaps I can meet up with one of you goons and we can hit the shooting range or something.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:28 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Shooting range.... Unless someone gets you on Hawaii kai.... If not then go waikiki.... Japanese tourists flock there... Call me up foo! When you get in.... You have a direct flight to maui? If so buy me krispy kreme ... And being it over to oahu....

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*

Last edited by gdogg; 03-18-2006 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:28 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
Haven't been to Maui in quite a while, but I like to stay in Kihei when I go...Kamaole Sands to be exact. While you're there, hit up Takamiyas in Wailuku for some grindz, and definitely drive "upcountry" if you can.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:31 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by gdogg
Shooting range.... Unless someone gets you on Hawaii kai.... If not then go waikiki.... Japanese tourists flock there... Call me up foo! When you get in.... You have a direct flight to maui? If so but me krispy kreme ... And being it over to oahu....

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*

Haha, I dunno if its gonna be a direct flight, but I can get a dozen of your choice if we're indirect.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:55 AM

Car Info: 2004sti
Wink

Maui Coast hotel down in kihei . Nice sandy beaches . Kaanapali out in Lahaina the sheraton side . KBH would be the cheapest old school 1950's style . Westin would be the next choice kind of pricey , depending when you plan to visit . Mid April thru Mid May before Memorial Day Weekend traditional are the slow times . Wailea side would include the Kehalani , Grand Wailea , and Marriot resort . Wailea notel's tend to out price the west side (kaanapali) . Again , You might find a deal during slow season try the Grand Wailea because they tend have more available rooms . I hope this help's !
Old 03-18-2006, 02:46 AM

Car Info: monster truck
yeah KBH is definately the cheapest and all in all a good place to stay.. it's no 5 star hotel but it does the job.... if your here the weekend of april 14-15... there's our world famous Streetcar Showdown 4 held by 1320 Performance... always fun.... well shoots!!!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 01:25 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
oahu is the best island!!!!!