What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 08:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Originally Posted by JT-STI
Also dont forget...the stock STi block and internals according to most tuners, is not recommended to handle more than 450+ HP, you would need to upgrade the pistons, rods etc....Hmmm lets see, to run an APS SR55 turbo, you need to upgrade...injectors, engine management, clutch, pistons, rods, plugs, and a few other miscellaneous stuff! Hope you got the cash to burn!!!
I 2nd that. You definitely need to look at upgrading your internals (pistons and rods, at the least) before you try to regularly run 30 psi of boost. I am currently planning to upgrade to a system with a daily driver capability of 20-22psi, and switch over to 30 psi for track/race applications. However, I am ever so scared of engine failure, so I am planning to re-sleeve, new rods, bearings, and pistons, and probably more. 30 psi on stock internals = engine destruction if you ask me. I'd plan on $10k of engine work prior to trying that.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:13 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
Originally Posted by silver satin
Why don't you learn to drive what you have first before you go dumping all this money down..And doing doughnuts in the dirt doesn't count..

that takes to much work and time.

get the parts!!
Old 10-30-2004, 07:18 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Your not really learning anything by throwing a bunch of parts on it anybody can do that you need to get in there and get your hands dirty..
Old 10-30-2004, 07:40 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
why not just forget about everything and donate the money to andrew, it will go to a good cause
Old 10-30-2004, 08:07 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
LOL... you crack me up Andrew... what? Anixious about the new competition...
Old 10-31-2004, 03:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Why don't you learn to drive what you have first before you go dumping all this money down..And doing doughnuts in the dirt doesn't count..
Thanks dude, oh wait were where you today at super lap? I was there along with only 4 other Subarus. I've been to the tracks every week for at least 2 months. I see almost none of you there. I really get sick of hearing about how awesome all of you are. You know who kicks some ***? Mike. I rode with him, and his driving is very impressive. So don't talk **** to me if you don't even come out to the track. Even if I am the worst driver on earth I am out there working on improving myself, but I can't say the same for most of you.

Your not really learning anything by throwing a bunch of parts on it anybody can do that you need to get in there and get your hands dirty..
Um what do you want me to do to get my hands dirty? I've dome a lot of the work on my car with my own hands. Somethings that I don't know about and you people are too chicken **** or lazy to help me with I take to Ryan to have installed because he knows what he's doing and does a great job. I went to an install day at San's to which 2 people showed. Me and Justin, where was everyone else to get their hands dirty?

Everyone keeps telling us to research, and search well listen here. I've been involved in online forums for at least 4 or five years. Most of which are computer security and networking forums where I am an expert. When someone asks a question I help them, or point them in the right direction, not say some dumb **** like SEARCH. I do search, but I-Club needs to be powered by google because this forum has a weak search feature. Either way, if you don't want to help me just don't say anything. If you have something helpfull to say then I really appriciate it.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Uhm guys...isn't "throwing on a bunch of parts" getting your hands dirty? I mean, Nate will most likely put it all on himself and ask for assistance when needed. I say we stop flaming Nate already...it's been about 3 weeks and SO WHAT if he likes to do doughnuts, run with big stickers and put on roof scoops? It's HIS CAR! LOL! At least Nate doesn't street race

I actually like Nate's ambitions for his car! Needs a little work in the engine management, power delivery and engine internals side of things but at least he's asking and not going all nutz.

I say we all just encourage him and let him go for broke! Besides, he does have a GC8 on the side if his STi blows up
Old 10-31-2004, 04:07 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
Yea how about doing some research first....
dude what do you think the whole point of his post is? he's asking for everyones opinions on what else he needs to do. i personally don't see anything wrong with asking people who know more than you do for help. it's guys like you who make people afraid to ask questions and then end up screwing their cars up. he didn't ask if he should do research he wants your help. unasked questions go unanswered so unless you wanna answer the mans question, keep it to yourself.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
have you met the guy yet? this S#!T talking is ever so tiring. if tech guys can't answer his questions, they shouldn't post. there are only .01% of subaru owners on this "club" that actually drive their cars. This question was meant to be answered by someone of that caliber.....
Old 10-31-2004, 02:15 PM

I have the answer, which will simplify some of the concerns that people with questions (like Keirnna) have and people that make comments. If you don't race in some capacity (that would be people like silver satin) then don't make suggestions because it has no real meaning. Sounds like you have your own problems thinking for one second a 97 BMW anything is worth selling your STI for. Now, if i see the word research again i'm leaving i-club for good. Some of the experts like Cobb, TurboXS, dyno-comp, and people at ralley sport direct can't even agree on what is good or bad for the STI engine. Should i look at forums of the opinions of mostly non-racing people to gain an understanding of what i should or should not do? I understand its hard to except and it angers some of you that someone has the resources and is willing to do things to their car that you could only dream of doing. This is known as hating and i suggest that you get over it will quick. Keirnna is trying to become the fastest Subaru in Hawaii and instead of telling him you can't do this or you can't do that just don't say anything at all. Haven't you heard the phrase "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all." I'm currently tied for the fastest STI time in Hawaii (13.03) and do you see me hating. I like a challenge, because it motivates me to push harder. Again, people with negative comments please think twice the next time you say research because, to put in nicely, you don't even understand what that word actually means.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:40 PM

i think this argument is silly because we all know what you guys should be doing wiht the money, and thats to invest in the "Feed the Hungry(or andrews car) fund"
Old 10-31-2004, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by luktang
LOL... you crack me up Andrew... what? Anixious about the new competition...
wat competition? you mean for shows?
Old 10-31-2004, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
carlos ur right and congrats on the stats of ur sti for being tied for first and also to the othe guy that is tied also. Nate i can't help u much on ur question tho i can help u when the time come to get ur hands dirty!!! as long as i don't have work that day i got a new job. but like i said dude u need help give me a call 3067789 i'm pretty sure carlos,chris, and some other guys that go to the tracks alot are willing to help u also... set ur dreams high and don't look back there be ppls trying to stop u but don't let them... btw i still say put the rest of the stickers on!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 10:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Nate,

I can't access my email at all. I'm at Army Recruiting school and their firewall is a *****. I can see the email headers that I receive, but can't download the message. Could you PM me with the email that you sent?