What shop do you trust to do exhaust fab work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 11:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
What shop do you trust to do exhaust fab work?

I am looking at installing a sti catback on my GC in the next week or two only problem is who can i trust to do it? as some of you may know the sti catback is a few inches short of reaching the cat and this requires that the mid pipe gets extended and that the flange is rotated to mount to the cat. see link below on post #9 you can see the extension that was fabricated.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthrea...ht=sti+exhaust

another route i was thinking so that i may keep the integrity of the sti catback is to have someone make a small pipe with flanges on both ends to connect between the cat and the mid pipe. that way i wont have to hack off the end of the mid pipe that connects to the cat to extend it. I think it would be in my best interest to go this route vs cutting and extending that way i still have a usable exhaust if i ever decide to change it out.

So back to my question who do you guys trust here in oahu to do this and that wont rip me off? I have done a search and the shop that comes up alot is ESH. Unfortunately there are alot of mixed reviews. Thanks

Jess
Old 11-25-2006, 12:46 AM

Car Info: s2
i say depends which locatoin and who you talk to....i personally heard some junk things bout the town location, but thats what i heard, dont wanna pass judgement too quickly if you know what i mean...but from my cars in the past, and friends saying good things about the kailua location, i recommend them, but speak with robert...hes the boss, or the guy in charge with kailua spot....my recommendations go with kailua ESH and robert....
Old 11-25-2006, 12:49 AM

Car Info: s2
ohh and if your looking for piping...i talked to him a few months back and he "said" they were going to pick up a mandrel pipe bender...(fyi=no ugly creases in the piping) i havnt checked back with them since, so maybe they got it or still waiting...
Old 11-25-2006, 01:11 AM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
try ask ryan. i know he can weld pretty good and i think did brents exhaust. if not he might be able to reccomend someone good. L8
Old 11-25-2006, 02:36 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
if you're looking for a mandrel bender ESH in waipahu has the only one i think.

As for reliable shops, kailua esh does pretty good jobs. I didn't care for esh in waipahu for welding. My weld broke.

RMS wasn't that great either. Got 5 exhaust jobs done there and was very unsatisified. Only went there because I got a discount.

Now I just diy since i have a welder