what is considered speeding

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 04:22 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Question what is considered speeding

just curious...does speeding up to clear someone in another lane considered speeding...cause i got tagged
Old 01-16-2004, 02:55 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
go to court

my uncle is a cop in waikiki. i have two friends(cops) in kaneohe. another friend in pearl city. another in honolulu. i had 4 speeding tickets on the H-3. . . go figure. they all say this- go to court. most likely the cop won't go to court unless you were a punk to him. or he scheduled all his court times on the same day-then you're screwed. if you state your case to the judge most likely he/she will reward you with a "discounted" fine at the least. if your case is good it might be thrown out just because the judge likes your attitude and presented yourself well.( i have an uncle who is a judge also) GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-18-2004, 04:34 AM

thanks for all of your input...ill go to court and hope for the best
Old 01-18-2004, 11:42 AM

i really think that the speed limits in hawaii are a little too slow. i wish it were like the mainland. i really hate it when some dumbass was racing and killed himself and everyone has to suffer for it. all the cops go out in mass to catch speeders but its not the speeders that are killin people its the racers. theres a difference, a speeder goes on the freeway at 70 mph, while the racer is flying down the freeway at 130mph.

well anyways here are some tips on what to say to a cop if he pulled you over for speeding.

cop: "do you know how fast you were going?

me: "im sorry officer, i just got off work and im really tired so i wasnt really paying attention. i probaly was going over the speed limit otherwise you wouldnt have pulled me over. im sorry".

NEVER, NEVER ARGUE WITH A COP CAUSE THAT GAURENTEES YOU A TICKET. just show him that he's in charge and show remorse. this line has saved me from getting many tickets. most cops are cool and they would understand.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:57 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Re: court

Originally posted by skoobieblue
$102!! i should have just wrote a letter instead of wasting my time! the breakdown of the fees are pretty lame. the actual speeding ticket was $65 plus a $7 drivers ed fee, plus a $10 fee called "neuro-trauma" for going 11 mph over the speed limit. and some other fees i can't remember.
Count your blessings if you think $102 is a steep fine. In Connecticut (my real home, and where I lived before here) speeding fines start at around $160. 38 in a 25 would have netted you a fine of around $200. Oh, and add to that the mandatory driver's ed course, which cost me $65 each of the three times I had to attend it.

WRX lova, I agree that the speed limits out here are ridiculous. Then again, it seems Hawaii drivers are perfectly happy driving along at low speeds. When I put the cruise control on 75mph on H-1 I feel like I'm doing about 120!! I'm absolutely flyin' by people. On the mainland just about everywhere I've been, east coast to west, regardless of whether the posted speed limit is 55mph or 70mph, people do about 70-75mph.

Pat Olsen
'97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Old 01-20-2004, 02:32 PM

case dismissed thanks for all of your suggestions

:banana: