Well...It Was Going to Happened Sooner Or Later

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 06:26 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
I'm going to fight the ticket in court......since I have a clean driving history and no prior tickets except for having blue bulbs in my old car...come to think about it..... I got pulled over in Waikiki for that.....
Old 11-20-2004, 06:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
From what I hear, rookie cops end up at waikiki so they're all fired up to hand out tickets I always steer clear of entering waikiki.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:03 PM

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 2004
So far Ive been lucky with cops (knocks on wood). However, In my civic and accord....damn. I got pulled over left and right. I think I got a total of 24 tickets. But no speeding tickets...my car was to slow to get pulled over for that :P
Old 11-20-2004, 09:19 PM

Car Info: 07 limited
I wonder if you making all of those turns trying to avoid him lead him to pull you over? That kinda makes you look like you are trying to hide something (not defending the cop here) but if that was me I would think that you were up to something?
Old 11-20-2004, 09:58 PM

Car Info: X-driver of the "SWAGON"
Angry

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
No one can beat my >$300 tickets from a stop in Hawaii Kai a few years ago...
I got 7 tickets one "crack" on Lagoon Drive. 6 of the tickets was for tint ($96 per window) and 1 for NO RECON (Recon sucks)...my grand total i had to pay was $631....and then about a month later got tagged agin for tint...6 tickets agin..so for my total on tint tickets is about $1100..
Old 11-21-2004, 01:05 AM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Originally Posted by RAGE
I wonder if you making all of those turns trying to avoid him lead him to pull you over? That kinda makes you look like you are trying to hide something (not defending the cop here) but if that was me I would think that you were up to something?
Ya...that's true, but when the cop eyed me out,he had that look like I'm going to pull you over, and there's nothing you can do about it......Can't blame me for trying to avoid the ticket
Old 11-21-2004, 02:08 AM

i've been tagged in waikiki from hunt about 2 years ago...5 tickets...exhaust too loud, blue head lights, blue blinkers, clear corners, and no recon....i've never drove my car though there again...except in the mornings...my friend is a rookie that patrols down there...especially stay away from 4PM till 2AM....
Old 11-21-2004, 02:10 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by WfknRX
I got 7 tickets one "crack" on Lagoon Drive. 6 of the tickets was for tint ($96 per window) and 1 for NO RECON (Recon sucks)...my grand total i had to pay was $631....and then about a month later got tagged agin for tint...6 tickets agin..so for my total on tint tickets is about $1100..
you got tagged by HPD or sheriffs? lagoon drive is their(Sheriffs) beat...

one thing i must say- since i have been in law enforcement for 5 years....
we all know what it takes to NOT receive tickets... so when one enters or lives in waikiki with a car that is not legal(at least according to the local laws) why is it such a big deal? sure some of these tags for violations may seem excessive. . .
but come on you guys know what you're getting into once you enter that concrete tourist paradise we call waikiki-
Originally Posted by sykosis
From what I hear, rookie cops end up at waikiki so they're all fired up to hand out tickets I always steer clear of entering waikiki.
its not like before... downtown gets em too-
when i go waikiki i try to stay away from kuhio... that where most of the "action" takes place anyway.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 11-21-2004, 02:18 AM

Car Info: 09 WrX Pearl White 5dr hb / 04 Wrx White
i work in (hotel) waikiki, my co worker has been followed by a cop till the hotel parking lot. and got ticket for not having a recon on his acura. even the co'worker hotel security (also a cop) is trying to help him. but nothing happen, this guys are crazy. i wonder if they give ticket on their fellow police (off duty) hehehehe
Old 11-21-2004, 11:05 AM

i heard hunt does....

Originally Posted by danWrX
i work in (hotel) waikiki, my co worker has been followed by a cop till the hotel parking lot. and got ticket for not having a recon on his acura. even the co'worker hotel security (also a cop) is trying to help him. but nothing happen, this guys are crazy. i wonder if they give ticket on their fellow police (off duty) hehehehe
Old 11-21-2004, 11:10 AM

my friend that's a cop told me that if your car isn't totally illegaled out....i.e. you have recon, proper lighting, not a 2 feet wing, not too loud etc.....they'll let you pass through kalakaua the first time....but if you bust a U in kuhio to circle around again....they'll bust you...first time's a freebie...of course if it's hunt then it's a different story....

Originally Posted by gdogg
when i go waikiki i try to stay away from kuhio... that where most of the "action" takes place anyway.

Old 11-21-2004, 01:36 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
^^ yeah didn't mean to just generalize one street. but because of the residential areas on kuhio it just seems like theres more of the "hidden" action - kalakaua is like the boardwalk of waikiki. kuhio just seems to have been a haven of all kinds of funky stuff. going on ride-a-longs in a blue and white proved that to me.

Old 11-21-2004, 02:43 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
tint laws isn't 21% i work at a tint shop its 35%on any 2dr or 4dr car/wagon and 35% in the front to and anything in the back if u have a suv or truck and its a $97 a window and 1000 for the guys who installed it. a

btw i got pulled over for my surfboard sticking out of my car alittle then they thought i stole my friends car and he's tags ex. the day b4 and he had a cracked tail light so my 5 tickets were go to court they let me go for no license tho... but there was no speeding ticket i got pulled over cause of my surf board
Old 11-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Ok....you guys win...but I was the first! LOL This was when there were no WRX's yet and no aftermarket for Subarus!

Quick Reply: Well...It Was Going to Happened Sooner Or Later