i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/)
-   -   wekfest Hawaii (https://www.i-club.com/forums/hawaii-43/wekfest-hawaii-248388/)

k3k0a 02-17-2013 09:47 PM

Feels like I got shafted today. Granted, I was on the top floor which didn't get much traffic. I didn't see any judge stop by my car. The judging was supposedly done by separate judges who had their own class. After a judge looked over the car, they would put a small sticker with their initials on the windshield. I was by my car the entire show and nothing. A friend of mine had asked one of the officials why my car didn't have a sticker for judging and he said that "they ran out of stickers" I think there may have been only like maybe 8 other cars in the class. Besides that, the car which took first in class, had obvious scratches on the bumper and the front lip didn't fit properly on the car. I'm not saying that I should've won, but I don't understand how a car with obvious visual defects would rate first in class.

Venting aside, this was the first car show that I put my car in. I actually had a good time despite what I previously said. Felt good to have people stop by and enjoy my car.

Btw, who VIP's a STI? Just saying...

808wagon 02-17-2013 09:50 PM

Does anyone have pics?

stigirl808 02-18-2013 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=k3k0a;3357892]Feels like I got shafted today. Granted, I was on the top floor which didn't get much traffic. I didn't see any judge stop by my car. The judging was supposedly done by separate judges who had their own class. After a judge looked over the car, they would put a small sticker with their initials on the windshield. I was by my car the entire show and nothing. A friend of mine had asked one of the officials why my car didn't have a sticker for judging and he said that "they ran out of stickers" I think there may have been only like maybe 8 other cars in the class. Besides that, the car which took first in class, had obvious scratches on the bumper and the front lip didn't fit properly on the car. I'm not saying that I should've won, but I don't understand how a car with obvious visual defects would rate first in class.

Venting aside, this was the first car show that I put my car in. I actually had a good time despite what I previously said. Felt good to have people stop by and enjoy my car.

Btw, who VIP's a STI? Just saying...[/QUOTE]

That would be me. I VIP'd an STI because it's different. And I'm sorry my bumper scratches offended you. :sign0013:

die_lawn 02-18-2013 11:02 AM

[QUOTE=k3k0a;3357892]Feels like I got shafted today. Granted, I was on the top floor which didn't get much traffic. I didn't see any judge stop by my car. The judging was supposedly done by separate judges who had their own class. After a judge looked over the car, they would put a small sticker with their initials on the windshield. I was by my car the entire show and nothing. A friend of mine had asked one of the officials why my car didn't have a sticker for judging and he said that "they ran out of stickers" I think there may have been only like maybe 8 other cars in the class. Besides that, the car which took first in class, had obvious scratches on the bumper and the front lip didn't fit properly on the car. I'm not saying that I should've won, but I don't understand how a car with obvious visual defects would rate first in class.

Btw, who VIP's a STI? Just saying...[/QUOTE]

Pictures of your car?

PSBeachBum 02-18-2013 11:03 AM

Lolz it is weired being on an sti vs a wrx but I think it still looks pretty different

die_lawn 02-18-2013 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=PSBeachBum;3358045]Lolz it is weired being on an sti vs a wrx but I think it still looks pretty different[/QUOTE]

Why does it matter if its on an STi opposed to a WRX? So you're saying that it would be ok if it was on a 2009 WRX instead of her 2009 STi

4080wrx 02-18-2013 11:15 AM

Vip'd suby=lmfao

Yeah I said it, yeah I'm offended. What of it?

Please shoot yourself and leave me the keys and title so I may fix that abomination.

4080wrx 02-18-2013 11:17 AM

Oh I guess the show lived up to its name.

"Weakfest"

stigirl808 02-18-2013 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=4080wrx;3358053]Vip'd suby=lmfao

Yeah I said it, yeah I'm offended. What of it?

Please shoot yourself and leave me the keys and title so I may fix that abomination.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I'll be sure to put you in my will. "And I leave my STI to the guy on I-Club who hates it, so he can turn it into his idea of a nice car." :joker: People need to learn to lighten up!

4080wrx 02-18-2013 11:53 AM

And you need to learn the difference between a race bred car and one that is meant to be VIP'D. With your logic you would VIP a NASCAR.

keonigt 02-18-2013 12:34 PM

I think STI girl is just trying to make a point that it is her car and she can do whatever she wants to it. Everyone is entitled to opinion, so I respect both sides.

BTW if you don't mind could I be in the will, I wouldn't mind a VIP STI lol. :biggrin1:

4080wrx 02-18-2013 12:37 PM

[QUOTE="keonigt;3358085"]I think STI girl is just trying to make a point that it is her car and she can do whatever she wants to it. Everyone is entitled to opinion, so I respect both sides.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Like you said everyone is entitled to there opinion and that is mines.

SOHI 02-18-2013 12:40 PM

If I had the VIP Sti I would get t-boned on purpose and swap it into my Foz. Wink wink wink @jess

keonigt 02-18-2013 12:42 PM

I heard an I-clubber got 1st place, anyone got pics lol.

I didn't have the chance to go yesterday.

4080wrx 02-18-2013 12:49 PM

[QUOTE="SOHI;3358092"]If I had the VIP Sti I would get t-boned on purpose and swap it into my Foz. Wink wink wink @jess[/QUOTE]

Hey clown..... My Sti was far from VIPd. Your garage queen is more of a VIP.......lol

But yes if it was. I too would arrange to have it tboned and turned into GC parts!!!