Warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 08:00 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Warrenty

I know this is probabbly posted somewhere but having difficulty searching though the website for some reason. Anyways, i want to put the HKS HI Power Catback Exhaust for my 06 STi. How does this affect the warrenty. Service told me it would void certian parts???? Anyone have issues with this thus far? Also any one have this exhaust and how do you like it ? Price paid? Easy to install? The guy at the company told me there may be problemswith the diffuser in the back, is that true and how do you modify that? Any info would be great, thanks.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Subaru will most likely do anything to void the warranty. If you do something like break a tooth off of a gear they'll go "oh, it was because of the extra power from the exhaust" although that's BS

Its always fightable...just might not be winable (is that a word? it is now.)

also, next time you might want to post in the correct forum (IE: the warranty forum) dont worry about reposting this questin ion there though, a mod with probably move it in there for ya.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:43 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
A catback shouldn't void the warranty. Those alone will not affect your performance, only sound. If you go modifying your up or down pipes, then those may affect your warranty as they alter your performance.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by sneezerboi
A catback shouldn't void the warranty. Those alone will not affect your performance, only sound. If you go modifying your up or down pipes, then those may affect your warranty as they alter your performance.
depends on the service center, some dealerships are more **** about mods. I took a ride with a salesman in my car for him to help diagnose something, and he started asking questions once he heard my exhaust (borla hush). Although, my local dealership is known for POS salesmen and a completely POS service department
Old 05-17-2006, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by sneezerboi
you will lose warranty with a catback. the car has a warranty for stock parts not aftermarket. and it clearly states in your manual that once you start to put parts on you will void your warranty regardless the mod. and you do gain power with an exhaust. so i wouldn't bring your car to the dealer for a check up as a modded car. subaru is strick on this. and i use to work there and had seen pleanty of horrors first hand. and yeh this does blow ***** so i recomend if you bought the extended warranty and plan on modding b4 your warranty is up cancel it your just wasting money

Last edited by shaggadelic; 05-17-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:30 PM

Car Info: MkIII MR2, s14, 94 mx5, 99 mx5. The beauty of rwd.
Cancel your ext warr if you plan on modding your car, they're even more harsh than factory reps on approvals...