Warning Paypal User!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 12:26 AM

Car Info: Renault Clio RS R27
Warning Paypal User!

Beware if you receive an E-mail from "service@paypal-security.com" subject: "Your account was hijacked".

This is a fraud, they will ask you to verify your account by clicking on the link they linked in the e-mail and enter your login and password.... Just don't do it!

The e-mail and interface look like the real Paypal theme, but it's a copy with fake http address

First paypal will never ask you to fill a credit card form to check if you are the real owner of the account. Also I found out while trying to log in my account by using the link from the e-mail that it wasn't a secure https://.

I decided to type a fake e-mail login with of course a fake password. Dadaaa I was able to log in! On the next page they are asking you to fill out the form with you credit card information and even you ATM pin!

For people who didn't get the e-mail and want to check it out, you can click this:

http://webmail.serverpacket.net/cisc...ogin/index.htm

BUT DO NOT ENTER YOUR REAL INFORMATION!

Just wanted to warn you guys.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I think I got a scammer email through ebay too. It was a chance to buy an item supposedly still "in connection with, and through ebay" so I clicked on the link and it brought me too "eBay" where I entered in my password, but it said the password was incorrect. It was then, when I was going to switch back to firefox (Which has my password saved) that I realized it wasnt ebay.com, it was some different ending. Luckily I had forgotten and was entering in my old password
Old 06-17-2006, 12:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Yeah, that's how they try and get you. They basically copy the HTML format exactly but the URL is like "www.ebay.com.net" or some crap like that.

I only enter those sites (ebay paypal and the rest) though my bookmarks.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Exclamation Fake Posers....

Hahaha...Well I just tried a fake email and password!!!And got in but first and foremost and I notice that it didnt have their 128 bit encryption!!!Its the logo with the lockpad at the bottom panel!!!
Old 06-18-2006, 06:43 AM

Car Info: car
hey be carefull, they can log ip's too. i always get that paypal crap even tho i dont have a paypaly account. i also get the ebay over and over...