want your guys insight...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 04:23 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon
want your guys insight...

changed oil and was going to install my DP...when taking the plastic off from under the car, I spotted a spot where it looks like coolant is leaking; under the turbo.... I had a coolant hose to the turbo replaced, at Subaru by the airport(no longer there), a year ago because it was leaking. Now I noticed Im refilling my coolant like every 3 months( not normal right?). So I want to take it in now and have them take a look, not sure where to go either... Servco? It's still under warrenty due for a check up I guess. 20k with no dealer maint...? SOOO I have a few mods that I dont think I should worry about when I take it in. Have a cat back on(will put stocker back on) front and rear sways/links, and a Bosal up pipe(looks stock). I know these dont matter for the leak issue, but for the maintanince? Do they charge for maint. if its under warrenty? Should I just do it myself? Would be nice for a pro to look her over. Ok pau! Please LMK what you guys think!

Last edited by KailuaWRX; 03-02-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:31 PM

Car Info: 2007 STi GTX3076R
I can't say we will warranty cause of that up-pipe. But if it does look as stock i'll just say it's stock if I'm looking at it. Is it the hose coming from the turbo back into the block that is leaking. That hose is not that hard to change and can be done at home. You will just have to refill your coolant cause alot will come out after you pull off that hose(make a big mess too). I can't say if we will warranty it. But if its still under warranty and aparts around look stock you may have a chance.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:09 PM

Car Info: 06 STi
if theres evidence of coolant..... a coolant pressure test will usually bring out any leaks if present. just pressurize the system. if its a big leak...youll see and notice it on the floor...if its really small...i like to leave the pressure on for maybe 10-15 minutes and then look for the leak.

i think shaggy said servco is a little mod friendly as they needed i-club members help to promote servco subaru booth in the car show.

Last edited by houdni; 03-02-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:58 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
it is not my call it is up to the service department to judge if your mods had anything to do with the leak. also maintenance is not a warranty item.

rule of thumb for modding cars: you gotta pay to play if you cannot handle it then don't mod your car it's a risk you take.

so that being said it is up to the service to determine if you had anything done to your vehicle that caused this if not then they will tell you.

Our service guys are good and straight forward. :RockOn - not mine:
Old 03-02-2008, 11:18 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon
much appreciated, I'm not sure what hose yet, but the 1st time they fixed it was b4 any mods and I was refilling it every day! Now every 3 months or so and doesn't seem to be getting worse. Will probably give Servco a call sometime soon...