Wagon Wannabee

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 08:48 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
Wagon Wannabee

I was driving from Millilani on H2 and some guys with dreadlocks in a dark wagon were trying to coax me into a race. Not once, or twice, but over and over. First of all, I don't have a lot of patience, but I resisted any temptation. Lately I've been getting revved on and "called out" on the street. Please take it to the track. I honestly wanted to drop it into third and add some oil to my catch can. But I didn't. The holidays are here so be even more cautious than usual.

San
Old 12-17-2005, 11:05 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
what kind of wagon??? i'm gussing a wrx, since you posted here. happy hoildays!!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by oldmansan
I was driving from Millilani on H2 and some guys with dreadlocks in a dark wagon were trying to coax me into a race. Not once, or twice, but over and over. First of all, I don't have a lot of patience, but I resisted any temptation. Lately I've been getting revved on and "called out" on the street. Please take it to the track. I honestly wanted to drop it into third and add some oil to my catch can. But I didn't. The holidays are here so be even more cautious than usual.

San
good job being patient...it's really been awhile since somebody called me out....
Old 12-17-2005, 12:19 PM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
Thumbs up

San
The Subaru community thanks you for being patient. I like how you said "add some oil to my catch can" I thought that was pretty funny and creative, lol.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
i myself get called out to race by this gold accord wagon alot, as well as this white protege wagon every time i see them. the white one i see almost once a week, i think he lives in kailua or kaneohe. he loves to spin his tires and call me out when i'm on the road, even in the other direction!! haha. we thank you for your continued patience....
Old 12-17-2005, 12:50 PM

I

think it was an FXT. I wasn't really paying much attention when he started playing games, and even less after that. I've held my own with STIs at the track, FXTs certainly don't itimidate me (no offense to them though).

San
Old 12-17-2005, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
dude, that sounds like someone we all might know... but i dont think hes like that...
Old 12-17-2005, 01:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I've never been called out in the rex...maybe cause everyone around here is old, a tourist, or an old tourist

EDIT: scratch that, I'm stupid.

1) people always drive past us at our meets, go a ways past us, stop, rev, try to peel out, repeat
2) nutty englishman in a brand new STi asked if any of us at the meet wanted to race for $1000 (turns out the bastard was a pro driver)
3) Mustang drove up to us, teenage girl driving...
Her: "do any of you guys race?"
Me: "haha, not mustangs"

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 12-17-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:01 PM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
Originally Posted by myroncuz
dude, that sounds like someone we all might know... but i dont think hes like that...
Does he have dreads? Maybe a rastfarai (sp?) hat?
Old 12-17-2005, 03:29 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
think it was an FXT. I wasn't really paying much attention when he started playing games, and even less after that. I've held my own with STIs at the track, FXTs certainly don't itimidate me (no offense to them though).

San
Wow! this has to be the first time I've ever heard of another FXT trying to toy with somebody . What on earth does he think he's driving? An STi?
Old 12-17-2005, 03:33 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Originally Posted by myroncuz
eh, mon! dahn't shtaarrt wid dee dreads aahrright? I ah meinteehn dem dreads caierhhfully and I dahn't be shtaartin trrobbles wid mah fellows. Jah love!
Old 12-17-2005, 05:49 PM

San
good San! its not worth your gas!
Old 12-17-2005, 09:06 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Originally Posted by sneezerboi
eh, mon! dahn't shtaarrt wid dee dreads aahrright? I ah meinteehn dem dreads caierhhfully and I dahn't be shtaartin trrobbles wid mah fellows. Jah love!
lol
Old 12-18-2005, 02:50 AM

Car Info: 2002 silver rex
Last guy that reved at me was on saturday coming back from Kailua. It was a black BMW pretty slammed. Looked good tho!
Old 12-18-2005, 09:55 AM

It

wasn't anyone I know, and he obviously didn't know me, as most who do know I have little patience. I don't know about a rastafari hat, but there were some meticulous dreadlocks dangling.

San

Quick Reply: Wagon Wannabee