vehicle weight..

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:03 PM

Car Info: MY02 GD WAGON, MY87 AW11
vehicle weight..

Do any of you know what the factory weight was for the MY99~01 4door Impreza's? Either with 2.2L or 2.5L powerplants.

As some of you know, im working in collaboration with 2.5_DOHC on a new project and i want to reevaluate and redesign the suspension set up starting with spring rates, but my calculations need total weight first.

Any help will be appreciated. Mahalo.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:12 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Originally Posted by Scubaru
Do any of you know what the factory weight was for the MY99~01 4door Impreza's? Either with 2.2L or 2.5L powerplants.

As some of you know, im working in collaboration with 2.5_DOHC on a new project and i want to reevaluate and redesign the suspension set up starting with spring rates, but my calculations need total weight first.

Any help will be appreciated. Mahalo.
So what, no mo MR-2?
Sorry, I have no useful info to provide for the impreza. Can't you google the curb weight?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:32 PM

Car Info: subaru
Try this: http://www.carsdirect.com/research/c...,USB00SUC042A0 I entered in the info for the 2000 Impreza 2.5RS and the Impreza L. I hope that helps.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Awwww CRAP! WTF is up with your location and what you drive in your profile? That's messed up!
Old 10-13-2008, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by 808subaru
So what, no mo MR-2?
Sorry, I have no useful info to provide for the impreza. Can't you google the curb weight?
Oh, im still rocking the MR2 and I will continue development on it until the GC4 is driveable.

The MY99 is a uber long term project that Fran and i are working on and all the info and knowledge ive been gathering and sitting on for the past 9 years including the development done so far to Fran's car will go into this car and between both cars. On paper, the car is built already, but like everything in motorsports, no mo money to turn paper into reality.

Plus, i wanna shake up EM, lol

Last edited by Scubaru; 10-13-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by YamazakiSubaru
Try this: http://www.carsdirect.com/research/c...,USB00SUC042A0 I entered in the info for the 2000 Impreza 2.5RS and the Impreza L. I hope that helps.
That is perfect! Thanks.

Im guessing in going to use and average between the curb and gross and a starting point.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:01 PM

Car Info: Slower than the guy with all the money :(
I put my car on the scales,w/the jdm beams,carbon hood,gutted rear,no a/c etc........got her down to 2770 w/me in the car!!
The sedan is not much heavier than the coupe,so I think we could get it down to about the same,if not less,especially since it has no sun roof!!

I'm also gonna strip more stuff out of my car someday!!
Targeting about 2500lbs!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:05 PM

Car Info: subaru
That is perfect! Thanks.

Im guessing in going to use and average between the curb and gross and a starting point.
Ignore the Gross weight rating. That just says how much it can haul around under maximum load. You only want the curb weight if I understand you correctly.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:09 PM

Ignore the Gross weight rating. That just says how much it can haul around under maximum load. You only want the curb weight if I understand you correctly.
We wanna figure it out with our fat ***** in the car!! Truly gross weight!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2.5 DOHC
I put my car on the scales,w/the jdm beams,carbon hood,gutted rear,no a/c etc........got her down to 2770 w/me in the car!!
The sedan is not much heavier than the coupe,so I think we could get it down to about the same,if not less,especially since it has no sun roof!!

I'm also gonna strip more stuff out of my car someday!!
Targeting about 2500lbs!!!
Im using 2800lbs as my starting weight. I figured out the spring rates and you will not believe what i came up with. I talked to a couple national racers today to confirm what I came up with and they said i was on the money. We just have to find dampers that can handle them, but im working on it. Hard to get dampers with good rebound damping characteristics Do you know what you running now in terms of rates?
Old 10-13-2008, 06:53 PM

I realized that earlier so im settling on 2800 as a starting point.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
here you go fresh off of rs25.com
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthrea...t=curb+weights
Old 10-13-2008, 09:55 PM

Car Info: cars
Im using 2800lbs as my starting weight. I figured out the spring rates and you will not believe what i came up with. I talked to a couple national racers today to confirm what I came up with and they said i was on the money. We just have to find dampers that can handle them, but im working on it. Hard to get dampers with good rebound damping characteristics Do you know what you running now in terms of rates?
i've been looking at different setups too. i'd like to see what you came up with. right now my springs are too soft so i'll probably be ordering new ones. for what i'm looking for, i don't know if my current dampers for the coilovers can handle the spring rates i'm planning on getting. lmk if you need help with your project.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:00 AM

I was running 7/5kg w/the Teins now I've got 12/10 w/the Cuscos.
I haven't driven in anger yet so I don't really know what the car is going to do.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by WRXed
i've been looking at different setups too. i'd like to see what you came up with. right now my springs are too soft so i'll probably be ordering new ones. for what i'm looking for, i don't know if my current dampers for the coilovers can handle the spring rates i'm planning on getting. lmk if you need help with your project.
thanks bro I appreciate the help.

Quick Reply: vehicle weight..