vakamon

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
I was there today, nope they still open... new n improve!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
I talked to them on the phone in an attempt to get a written quote for a wheel mount and balance and 4 wheel alignment, which they promised but never e-mailed to me
Old 07-24-2008, 02:40 AM

Car Info: Slower than the guy with all the money :(
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
I talked to them on the phone in an attempt to get a written quote for a wheel mount and balance and 4 wheel alignment, which they promised but never e-mailed to me
Quite honestly their shop may not be the best equipped shop for your needs. The mount & balance part may not be too hard,but as far as an alignment is concerned you would be better off taking your car to Pacific automotive or Island brake & alignment. If you do get your tires done by Ryan or Davin they will have to sublet your alignment out to someone equipped to do it,and pass the cost on to you. I'm not saying that not getting back to you promptly is good, but I would definitely call them back for some sort of response. Keep in mind their shop is in a transitional phase,renovating & repairing the shop and catching up so to speak. Give them another call, and I'm sure they will help you.

Last edited by 2.5 DOHC; 07-24-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:55 AM
VIP Member

^^^
Thanks for the heads up! I had actually called them a good three times and had their word re: a written quote (long story...) but never received anything. Oh well.

Pacific and/or Island it is!
Old 07-24-2008, 02:18 PM

Hi guys, yep we are in a major transitional phase. We are open, from 8:30am to 5:30pm (although normally later) mon-sat. We are changing our name, #1 candidate is "R&D Autocare and Performance", although I'm partial to "Boto Boys". We are starting to change our focus more towards general repair, but we will still do the souping up cars thing as well. Long term we want to be a Subaru Specific shop. We sincerely appreciate the Subaru communities continuing support, and we are striving to be the #1 place for the subaru community to come to for all their needs. Choku Dori, sorry man, I'm not one for making excuses, but you have pm, and LMK if I can do anything to make it up to you.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 2.5 DOHC
Quite honestly their shop may not be the best equipped shop for your needs. The mount & balance part may not be too hard,but as far as an alignment is concerned you would be better off taking your car to Pacific automotive or Island brake & alignment. If you do get your tires done by Ryan or Davin they will have to sublet your alignment out to someone equipped to do it,and pass the cost on to you. I'm not saying that not getting back to you promptly is good, but I would definitely call them back for some sort of response. Keep in mind their shop is in a transitional phase,renovating & repairing the shop and catching up so to speak. Give them another call, and I'm sure they will help you.
We're saving for a alignment rack. Also, typically work we sublet out we do not mark up.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:28 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
+1 for Vakamon, always been helpful when needed, all the best for the new "face lift" !!!
Old 07-24-2008, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

boloheadrat: thanks for getting back to me.
Not to be an ***, but I don't have PM yet... after SEVEN MINUTES!!!
I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
But seriously, thanks for getting back to me.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:30 PM

okay, pm sent.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
boloheadrat: thanks for getting back to me.
Not to be an ***, but I don't have PM yet... after SEVEN MINUTES!!!
I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
But seriously, thanks for getting back to me.
Talk about A N AL...
Old 07-24-2008, 05:03 PM

Car Info: schwin
hey Choku Dori im sorry for not getting the email to you on a timely fashion but ive sent your written quote to your email and if you have anymore questions jus give me a call or email me and ill try my best to help you out the best i can. i know it took longer than promised but i thank you for your patientice and understanding. hope i can be of better service to you for your next visit. have a great day guys!! thank you! :-)
Old 07-24-2008, 09:16 PM

Car Info: s2
Originally Posted by boloheadrat
Hi guys, yep we are in a major transitional phase. We are open, from 8:30am to 5:30pm (although normally later) mon-sat. We are changing our name, #1 candidate is "R&D Autocare and Performance", although I'm partial to "Boto Boys". We are starting to change our focus more towards general repair, but we will still do the souping up cars thing as well. Long term we want to be a Subaru Specific shop. We sincerely appreciate the Subaru communities continuing support, and we are striving to be the #1 place for the subaru community to come to for all their needs. Choku Dori, sorry man, I'm not one for making excuses, but you have pm, and LMK if I can do anything to make it up to you.
cheee BOTO BOYS GARAGE!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Only Alexi would post that....

Oops! Wrong guy! But it still would fit if Alexi posted that!

Last edited by Ditchhanger; 07-25-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Not paying attention
Old 07-24-2008, 09:46 PM
VIP Member

Thank you Vakamon for getting back to me. Looking forward to working with you guys more in the near future
Old 07-25-2008, 12:50 AM

Car Info: subaru
Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
Only Alexi would post that....
Ummm, huh? C'mon Joey, do you just stop reading the names after the first four letters or what? Oh and..... what does "boto boys" mean?

Quick Reply: vakamon