Usps Procedures

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 09:48 PM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Usps Procedures

For the third time within a week, my package was left at my front door. I'm afraid someone will walk off with my goods one day; especially in my ghetto a$$ neighborhood. Does anybody know if this is violating procedures or is it ok for USPS to leave packages at your front door without confirming delivery?

Just today, I found my package with my uppipe indside at my front door. I was home all day and I did not hear any attempts of the USPS employee trying to contact me. I did't even hear a knock on the door or the door bell ring.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:55 PM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
For a small fee, you could request for signature confirmation. I think it's definitely worth it for your piece of mind.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Originally posted by palaban
For a small fee, you could request for signature confirmation. I think it's definitely worth it for your piece of mind.
This is the only way I know of to keep them from just leaving it. I was just out of the state for a few days and I come back and had a package sitting on my door step and had been there for two days.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:37 AM

Yeah, it's really up to the delivery guy to make the call to drop it off or not. Most times they will leave it, because they're too lazy to take it back to station. Definitely request the signature confirmation from whichever vendor you buy stuff from. I still like USPS over UPS though...
Old 02-16-2003, 07:45 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by hiwrx
Yeah, it's really up to the delivery guy to make the call to drop it off or not. Most times they will leave it, because they're too lazy to take it back to station. Definitely request the signature confirmation from whichever vendor you buy stuff from. I still like USPS over UPS though...
Before I got out here I ordered a new Sony P4-3.06gig with a nice 20" flatscreen and ups actually left the damn system at the front door? What the hell. I couldnt believe when I got home after work and it was sitting there, in plain sight of anyone. Arghh... I should taken it and reported it stolen...
Old 02-16-2003, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Originally posted by DaveWRX
Before I got out here I ordered a new Sony P4-3.06gig with a nice 20" flatscreen and ups actually left the damn system at the front door? What the hell. I couldnt believe when I got home after work and it was sitting there, in plain sight of anyone. Arghh... I should taken it and reported it stolen...
A friend of mine got his laptop replaced when he sent it in for repairs and they sent it back to him it was left at the door and was stolen

Last edited by PwrWRX; 02-16-2003 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:01 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
never had a prob with USPS. but of course, I lived in an apartment. if i wasn't home, they take it back and leave you a note to go pick it up. i think it all depends on the deliverer though...people who do that should be fired.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:39 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by Chibby Goku
For the third time within a week, my package was left at my front door. I'm afraid someone will walk off with my goods one day; especially in my ghetto a$$ neighborhood. Does anybody know if this is violating procedures or is it ok for USPS to leave packages at your front door without confirming delivery?

It is not against regulations for either UPS or USPS to leave parcels, unless a signature is required.

Chibby, try printing the following on an index card and taping it inside your mailbox:

"If no one answers, please leave notice for all parcels. Do not leave parcel on porch. Thanks."

--
^ww^
"...axles of evil..." - George W. Bush
Old 02-17-2003, 05:04 AM

Car Info: Vakamon WRX
Thumbs up

Thanks for replying guys. Now I know what to do next time.