US Army Soldier refusses to go to War (Iraq)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Exclamation US Army Soldier refusses to go to War (Iraq)

The sad part about it is he is a Hawaii Native.

Wow..Very suprisingly. Im just speechless. Dont know what to say to something like this...

Full article: http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs19056
Old 01-03-2007, 10:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
Damn 6 years WTF
Old 01-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Troll

Yeap... Much more... He is fk'd for life now. Thats a nasty stain in your police records or any type of file/records.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:27 PM
VIP Member

Goddamn that really sucks now why did he join then if he doesn't want to go now
Old 01-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Troll

Have no clue!!!! Why join, if you dont want to go to war....
Old 01-03-2007, 10:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Hope he's willing to spend those 6 in prison.
Gotta be willing to stand up to his convictions (get it )

Edit:

Considering he joing the Army...what the hell?

Now, I'm in the Navy, and there is the chance I could end up on the beach with a gun in my hand doing something I definately did not intend on doing.

Would I go and do it? Yes. Why? That same little oath that both I and this Lieutenant took.

Would I like it? No, not really, but I am pwned as they say.

Last edited by RedStage; 01-03-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:45 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RedStage
Hope he's willing to spend those 6 in prison.
Gotta be willing to stand up to his convictions (get it )
:rotfl:
Old 01-04-2007, 10:06 AM

Car Info: black bugeye
I think hes stupid. Good for him that he has to serve 6 yrs. in prison. Im not in the army and I would never join but if I was in his situation and I had to go I would. Does he think just because his daddy is in office he can bail. Yeah right. I know of someone who was there and is going back on monday. She dont wanna go but she has to so she will. That guy is a fa*. Sorry just my .02
Old 01-04-2007, 10:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Interesting...yeah his dad is the former head of Hawaii's Campaign Spending Commission.

Anyways, I would think he is screwed hard in this case and he really needs to go perform the duties that he took an oath to perform.

Just because his dad is connected and he feels the war is unjust does not give him the right to disobey orders.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:25 AM

Car Info: 2002 Legacy GT Wagon
I agree with him. It's about time someone came up and said something that actually headlines. It's too bad the media will probably turn it around and make him into being the bad guy. I myself considered joining the military but the general concensus of my peers was, "What? With the war going on? You crazy?" To fight a war that a nation doesn't support, that was declared illegally and that causes the loss of life without reason isn't part of my agenda. War in general is a damnable thing and I hate to think that our country can only work on the basis of fighting. What was our plan after we won? Do we fight the next "bad guys" until we've taken out everyone? Disagree with me, hate me, argue with me if you want, but I for one am tired of this damn war. I have the utmost respect for our soldiers that fight for us, and I will always support them as individuals because they are our countrymen. They are people like you and me, they are not tools of an agenda without cause. I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for all this banter, but I thought it was something I had to get off my chest.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:42 PM

Car Info: 07STI
he joined...end of story...he didnt want go..no problem...go to jail and take back all they money they paid him for his time in the military
Old 01-04-2007, 10:18 PM

Car Info: 2002 POS
I just got out of the Marine Corps....I have been to Iraq it's no that Bad. This guy was probably told by his recuiter that he wouldn't have to go to war if he didn't want to...Thats how they get people to join the Military...Just tell you what you wanna hear.

I joined because I wanted to...
Just my 2cents!
LOrenzo
Old 01-05-2007, 01:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by BLUEJ20
Goddamn that really sucks now why did he join then if he doesn't want to go now
Political agenda I would imagine. His daddy is a poltician and the guy has had a dedicated website set-up for his cause since the fiasco started. I think he thought his rebellion would be cast aside so he could use it in a future campaign. He can't turn back now. Almost funny. **** him.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Psycholis
I agree with him. It's about time someone came up and said something that actually headlines. It's too bad the media will probably turn it around and make him into being the bad guy. I myself considered joining the military but the general concensus of my peers was, "What? With the war going on? You crazy?" To fight a war that a nation doesn't support, that was declared illegally and that causes the loss of life without reason isn't part of my agenda. War in general is a damnable thing and I hate to think that our country can only work on the basis of fighting. What was our plan after we won? Do we fight the next "bad guys" until we've taken out everyone? Disagree with me, hate me, argue with me if you want, but I for one am tired of this damn war. I have the utmost respect for our soldiers that fight for us, and I will always support them as individuals because they are our countrymen. They are people like you and me, they are not tools of an agenda without cause. I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for all this banter, but I thought it was something I had to get off my chest.
That actually headlines??? It's an instant headline when a Soldier flees to Canada or B-list actor speaks against the war. Everytime grieving mother Cindy Sheehan farts downwind from a reporter it makes headlines. Lt. Watada has been in the news for awhile now. He was a headliner back in mid 2006. The fact this war has been steadliy unpoplar since the summer of 2003 has guranteed anything remotely against it makes headlines.

Although I respect your opinion there's other things at play here. Say what you want about the war but that does not change the choices that he made. You can't undo things when the going gets rough knowing damn well something may come-up that you don't morally agree with (the Iraq war in this case). The man is an officer that volunteered (or received his commission) in 2003 IIRC. In Vietnam many conscientious objectors fought diligently, some with heroism and gallantry. How do you justify yourself as a volunteer when these particular CO draftees fought without cowardice or acting on moral objection during Vietnam? You can't.

Last edited by Salty; 01-05-2007 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
Political agenda I would imagine. His daddy is a poltician and the guy has had a dedicated website set-up for his cause since the fiasco started. I think he thought his rebellion would be cast aside so he could use it in a future campaign. He can't turn back now. Almost funny. **** him.
Actually, his dad was the head of the Campaign Spending Commission...which made him the guy that all the politicians feared.

This guy may have had aspirations of public office because of his pops and thus decided to get into the military to boost his resume for a future career in politics. I think its pretty safe to say that this dude will have to live off of his parents for a while because no one is gonna hire him or elect him with his kind of record.

Quick Reply: US Army Soldier refusses to go to War (Iraq)