URGENT - Time sensitive - We need YOUR HELP! Save the World Class Racing Facility!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 05:33 PM

Car Info: 1993 RX-7/2002 Subaru WRX
URGENT - Time sensitive - We need YOUR HELP! Save the World Class Racing Facility!

Hello all,

All of the tenant organizations from the racetrack went to the State Capitol Building today...this includes representitives from HRP Drag Racing, SCCA, HRRA, Drift Session, Super Lap Series, Pacific Karting Club, RPM Motorcross, Formula Hawaii, HIRS, HawaiiTalks.Net, basically 90% of the organizations that support the current facility, everyone minus the dirt track oval racers. We went there in an attempt to get the the Legislature's ears on the push for the bills for the WCF. We are shocked to have learned that it has come to the moment in which it will be decided whether the bills live or die.

Many of you have read in the Advertiser that in an unusual move by Weighs and Means Committee Chairperson Senator Brian Taniguchi, Senator Coleen Hanabusa has been placed in charge of deciding if the tax bills for the new facility will be heard in the committee. Senator Hanabusa has been publicly outspoken against the bills that would allow us to have a new track on which to race. We can not sit by and let her destroy all that we have worked for.

I would like to request that everyone who reads this send an e-mail immediatly to both Senators Hanabusa and Taniguchi urging them to hear the bills in committee. We need to show these people that we are the majority of racers and that this is what we want.

Something quick and easy is all we need:

Subject: Please Hear the Motorsports Bill

Dear Senators,

I am a motor sports enthusiast and am writing to strongly urge you to let HB 994 be heard in WAM. This bill will help secure a permanent long-term home for motor sports on Oahu and allow for further expansion of a growing industry.

Sincerely,

Your name

Please send the email to:

sentaniguchi@Capitol.hawaii.gov
senhanabusa@Capitol.hawaii.gov

It is imperative that an email campaign be completed within the next 6 hours...we must get our views to Sen. Taniguchi & Sen. Hanabusa, or the bills WILL MOST LIKELY be killed due to Hanabusa's biased views.

Please, do not sit by and let this happen...if anytime is needed...it is now...Tomorrow WILL be too late. It's being decided RIGHT NOW. Please, take 5 minutes out of your day to save Racing in Oahu. Condemnation could take years...(this part of the message has been struck, the language of the bills does NOT say that the current racing facility will be kept open) Go here for each of the bills in their entirety. I apologize for the mistake.)

In order to make CLEAR exactly what is in the current bills, here are the latest revisions of the bill:

HB994 SD1: http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/sessio...hb994_sd1_.htm

SB1734 SD2 : http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/sessio...b1734_sd2_.htm

Again I apologize and I will edit all remarks to reflect this...sorry.

This is the chance to make a difference....please pass this on!

Last edited by ArchangelX; 04-05-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:02 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
sent by the wife and I
Old 04-05-2006, 06:46 PM

Car Info: Aspen White 03 BES
sent..
Old 04-05-2006, 07:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Sent! I even used my official government email to make it look more professional.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:07 PM

Car Info: 05 STi Black on Gold
done
Old 04-05-2006, 07:40 PM

Car Info: 04 JBP STi
Sent
When will we hear how it went?
Old 04-05-2006, 07:47 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
done
Old 04-05-2006, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 04sti
sent; thanks archangel
Old 04-05-2006, 07:54 PM

I think by the end of the week, we'll know if she killed it...or if it went through. Thanks so much everyone...we want everyone to have a place to race, even the dirt track racers! Please forward this to all of your friends that support the bills! Thanks!
Old 04-05-2006, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 2002
done
Old 04-05-2006, 07:59 PM

Just as some extra info...I personally think that there's going to be a dirt oval. I think there's a dirt oval on the track...it's right here, wrapped around the DIRT motorcross track. Take a look at the video link below...and you'll see that a motorcross track is indeed within the oval itself. It might not make much sense, but I don't think you can operate a dirt track within an asphalt track. It's not going to work...so for me, it's never been a question of whether there's going to be a dirt track oval at all. SORT belives just because it doesn't say DIRT, that it's not going to be dirt...I'll post the vid here, and a photo for you to look at, you can clearly see in this photo, that a stock car oval is present...within it, is the dirt motorcross track (there's no such thing as an asphalt motorcross track). To have dirt within asphalt is a nightmare, like I said.

http://www.superlapseries.com/assets...esentation.wmv
http://www.superlapseries.com/assets...LowQuality.wmv

SORT is basically going against 90% of the other racers that use the facility. One crowd of people with personal problems and vendettas, are going to ruin this for the other 90% of Hawaii's racers. Dirt Track Racers are going to kill this for autocross, drag racing, drifting, road racing, go karting, motorcyle racing, motorcross, and every other type of racing we have at the facility!

So...thanks for your help guys, and I pray we have a new facility to run at soon...
Old 04-05-2006, 10:04 PM

Car Info: 2004 Silver Jetta TDI
Not my island, but sent.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:17 PM

I apologize, the language of the bills does NOT say that the current racing facility will be kept open) Go here for each of the bills in their entirety. I apologize for the mistake.)

In order to make CLEAR exactly what is in the current bills, here are the latest revisions of the bill:

HB994 SD1: http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/sessio...hb994_sd1_.htm

SB1734 SD2 : http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/sessio...b1734_sd2_.htm

Again I apologize and I will edit all remarks to reflect this...sorry.

This is the chance to make a difference....please pass this on!
Old 04-05-2006, 11:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by evansussman
Not my island, but sent.
hey thanks man!!!

come on guys, there's so many of us that go to the track...so pls send this one in...look at that track, that's freakin nice...looks like a mainland track...

btw, done....
Old 04-05-2006, 11:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by ArchangelX
Just as some extra info...I personally think that there's going to be a dirt oval. I think there's a dirt oval on the track...it's right here, wrapped around the DIRT motorcross track. Take a look at the video link below...and you'll see that a motorcross track is indeed within the oval itself. It might not make much sense, but I don't think you can operate a dirt track within an asphalt track. It's not going to work...so for me, it's never been a question of whether there's going to be a dirt track oval at all. SORT belives just because it doesn't say DIRT, that it's not going to be dirt...I'll post the vid here, and a photo for you to look at, you can clearly see in this photo, that a stock car oval is present...within it, is the dirt motorcross track (there's no such thing as an asphalt motorcross track). To have dirt within asphalt is a nightmare, like I said.

http://www.superlapseries.com/assets...esentation.wmv
http://www.superlapseries.com/assets...LowQuality.wmv

SORT is basically going against 90% of the other racers that use the facility. One crowd of people with personal problems and vendettas, are going to ruin this for the other 90% of Hawaii's racers. Dirt Track Racers are going to kill this for autocross, drag racing, drifting, road racing, go karting, motorcyle racing, motorcross, and every other type of racing we have at the facility!

So...thanks for your help guys, and I pray we have a new facility to run at soon...
don't know if you did, but you should pass this on to the evo808.com guys...

Quick Reply: URGENT - Time sensitive - We need YOUR HELP! Save the World Class Racing Facility!