turbo install?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 03:31 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
turbo install?

Hey guys i was just wondering if you guys know of a good shop to take my subie in to install my new turbo? Thanks!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:44 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi
i heard sonics is good, what kind of turbo is it?
Old 06-16-2010, 04:45 AM

Car Info: 2015 CWP STI
I can do it for you...
Old 06-16-2010, 05:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
host an install party.....you provide beer and food and they will come!

you noobs know nothing........
Old 06-16-2010, 09:33 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx [enter name here]
Originally Posted by 4080wrx
host an install party.....you provide beer and food and they will come!

you noobs know nothing........
hahaha its been a while since there was an install day
Old 06-16-2010, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 1989 Honda Civic, 11ʻ R1 & 09ʻ GSXR600
^^^^true indeed

Install days is a great time to meet fellow i-club members and save $250 on installing.
If you don't have tools, we have tools. if you don't have jacks, we have jacks.
Just let us know and we will help you!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:13 PM

Car Info: grandmas car
first of all, offering services is very nice of you all, but it would be good to find out exactly what he has. ive noticed a big jump in rotated setups. if its a rotated turbo, how many of you have actual experience installing these? as far as i know, there are only a handful of members here who have a rotated setup (i could probably count them on one hand...and definately 2, lol).....its not an easy thing to install. even if you buy a kit, most are not complete. lots of relocating and fabricating....can most of you do this in your garage?
also, what happens when **** happens? sadly, ive had people seriously fack up my car...and you know who ends up paying for it...yeah, ive spent thousands trying to fix others mistakes. why risk it-to save yourself a couple hundred? best thing to do if you cant do the work yourself is to take it to a shop....i learned the hard way...

like luis said...sonic all the way....
Old 06-16-2010, 02:02 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dysfunctnl doll
first of all, offering services is very nice of you all, but it would be good to find out exactly what he has. ive noticed a big jump in rotated setups. if its a rotated turbo, how many of you have actual experience installing these? as far as i know, there are only a handful of members here who have a rotated setup (i could probably count them on one hand...and definately 2, lol).....its not an easy thing to install. even if you buy a kit, most are not complete. lots of relocating and fabricating....can most of you do this in your garage?
also, what happens when **** happens? sadly, ive had people seriously fack up my car...and you know who ends up paying for it...yeah, ive spent thousands trying to fix others mistakes. why risk it-to save yourself a couple hundred? best thing to do if you cant do the work yourself is to take it to a shop....i learned the hard way...

like luis said...sonic all the way....
I wouldn't doubt the skills of some of the members here in HIIC. if you want to dump large amounts of cash to have someone install your parts than thats the owners business.

to me it is more meaningful to build my own car than to have someone else do it for me. if i dont know how I ask the people who do.

finally i once read a sig here on one of our HIIC members and it stated

"sick rides are built NOT bought"

to the OP make friends here be willing to learn about your car and you will be surprised on the people you meet that know a thing or two......and in my opinion the BEST Suby mechanics in Oahu don't own shops they are right here in HIIC, you just need to know where to look.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:15 PM

Sorry, But I've took my car to Shops and they have ****ed it up too...
I have only took my car to a shop to build my tranny.
Everything else was Garage Built.
I am not going to Vent on this thread.

But homie if you need some help and it's something I can help you with just know that I am Here. Thats all i was saying.
Peace
Old 06-16-2010, 02:20 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jrocko

But homie if you need some help and it's something I can help you with just know that I am Here. Thats all i was saying.
Peace
exactly.... then a shop wants to try and hide the problem or deny they or their work had anything to do with it.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:32 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6

You can check out Sonics, LS Automotive or one of these memebers who are offering their services! Just don't expect to stand there if you want to do an install party, they will make you do a lot of the work but will be there to show you how to do all of it.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by 4080wrx
I wouldn't doubt the skills of some of the members here in HIIC. if you want to dump large amounts of cash to have someone install your parts than thats the owners business.

to me it is more meaningful to build my own car than to have someone else do it for me. if i dont know how I ask the people who do.

finally i once read a sig here on one of our HIIC members and it stated

"sick rides are built NOT bought"

to the OP make friends here be willing to learn about your car and you will be surprised on the people you meet that know a thing or two......and in my opinion the BEST Suby mechanics in Oahu don't own shops they are right here in HIIC, you just need to know where to look.
im not doubting the skills of people in HIIC. i didnt pay a shop to install all the parts on my car...my car was completely stock when i got it. my stage 2 and current setup were both built by friends....and since i went rotated, i didnt have a big mainland tuner tune my car...it was tuned by someone on here, open source and honestly probably runs better than alot of your mainland tuned cars. someone told me id blow in a year if i didnt build my block...guess what? its been a year and a half (over 14k miles) and my car runs solid...
when i had exhaust leaks with my current setup...i went to a highly recommended shop on here...i cant really say what happened or if it happened there, but something really bad was discovered at that shop...and guess who ended up paying for it?
now, i cant help it if i am friends with someone who owns a shop...but his shop has done the best work on my car-no complaints.

edit...also about the sick rides are built not bought....id like to see a female build a subaru...its not an easy car to work on...also, id like to see a female build a setup like mine-has that ever been done? possibly....but not by any local females. i dont even know any females that have anything more than a stage 2 at most, lol.

Last edited by dysfunctnl doll; 06-16-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:47 PM

Peace
wasnt your car also fuct up by a member on here? ok, ill shut up now...lol.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:03 PM

3 members have worked on my car...All of them do outstanding Work!

No My Car wasn't Fuct up by a HIIC member...I know who you are referring. The Shop that did it will be a secret to me and the people who i've told.

But Doll, your car was built...Your a Female and they always get better deals.
I just like working on my car no matter what it is because if something goes wrong I know exactly what I did when i did it.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:33 PM

3 members have worked on my car...All of them do outstanding Work!

No My Car wasn't Fuct up by a HIIC member...I know who you are referring. The Shop that did it will be a secret to me and the people who i've told.

But Doll, your car was built...Your a Female and they always get better deals.
I just like working on my car no matter what it is because if something goes wrong I know exactly what I did when i did it.
yeah, thats the problem with getting help from others...if you didnt do the work yourself, youre not really gonna know what happened when it got fuct up...the shop that possibly fuct up my car will also remain nameless, but i can bet that its the same one youre referring to....thats why i think people should go to a reliable shop if they dont know what they are doing. one with the proper tools and knowledge. i dont like ghetto installs, i like it to be done properly the first time. some installs are too hard for the normal wrencher-like clutch and timing belt for example. also, how many people can (and are willing) to do motor swaps/builds here? i do agree that most installs can be done by your average garage wrencher....especially because most people just do bolt ons....

Quick Reply: turbo install?