Transfer title problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:52 PM

Car Info: 3 SVX-LSL's, all kine goodies inside
Unhappy Transfer title problem

there's a 94 SVX I'm trying to get, but the guy that has it doesn't really own the car. He claims that he bought it from this other guy. This other guy bought this car from this lady and when she signed the transfer of title, the "other guy" was supposed to file it and complete the tranfer. The "other guy" didn't, so the car is still under the lady. The dude that has it now doesn't even own it but he paid for it. He told me he would search down this lady so we can buy it. But no luck on this. If he can't find this lady, I can't buy it, legally. There must be another way, right? I was thinking of getting a salvaged title, but what's the chances of that here in hawaii. I really don't want this car to just be a junker, I would love to give it a good home "just can't have one" .

Sorry so confusing
Old 09-04-2006, 11:05 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
I wouldn't touch it until the title/ownership is fixed. If you buy it then you will be in the same boat as the guy you're trying to buy it from.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:32 AM

Car Info: kitanai kuroi kuruma
If the lady signed the title, then anyone can sign the car over to their name. But be prepared to pay an arm and a leg in back registration as it sounds like the car has not been registered in a while. The guy who has the car now probably doesn't want to put the car under his name because he would have to pay the back registration, not to mention getting a safety check too. But if the lady didn't sign the title, you're sol. I recently had to go through something similar to this recently.. man what a headache.