Track Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 06:07 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Track Sunday

If they are haveing run-offs first thing Sunday morning and we would like to try Solo-II what time would we need to show up to race should we come out early or are they going to be doing tech after. This will be my first time if I can make it out and I've heard that they like people to be on time for the tech and sign up. Like I said if I can make it I want to be on time and all I need is a helmet correct. Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:24 PM

Car Info: cars
I'd like to know too. I'm interested in coming out to watch and pick up a few bits of info before I try Solo II myself.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:33 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
The Run-offs will be in the morning, which is only for certain people (top 5 point-scorers in each class). The "normal" event will be run in the afternoon, so tech will probably be in the 11am-noon timeframe (I'm guessing).

If you just want to watch, I would imagine the Run-off runs will start in the 10am timeframe. The afternoon heats will probably start in the noon timeframe.

Again, these are just guesses, so probably being there earlier rather than later is a good idea just to be sure you're on time.

Silver - you're right, you just need to bring your cash ($25 for non-SCCA members) and a helmet (although they have loaner helmets for those who don't have one).

WRXed - None of this "I want to watch first" stuff. Really, auto-x ain't that hard to get a handle on, and there will be 70 other people there to help you out with questions (including probably about a dozen of fellow Subie drivers). Just come out and actually run the event - there's no better way to learn how the event works!

Pat Olsen
'97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Old 03-04-2004, 11:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Jeremiah, you're gonna run? Sweet!

I'm going to Bush Stadium in Indianapolis on Sunday morning to see how they do business here. I guess I could run my new Explorer....
Old 03-05-2004, 12:40 AM

Originally posted by Patrick Olsen

WRXed - None of this "I want to watch first" stuff. Really, auto-x ain't that hard to get a handle on, and there will be 70 other people there to help you out with questions (including probably about a dozen of fellow Subie drivers). Just come out and actually run the event - there's no better way to learn how the event works!

Pat Olsen
'97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
I still want to watch to see what its all about before I dive into it. After the run-offs, I just may change my mind and decide to give it a try.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:43 AM
VIP Member

Too bad I can't be there. I think if you were to watch me, that might give you the encouragement to run. Even terrible drivers like me have fun. (Of course, you won't be as bad as I am.)
Old 03-05-2004, 08:48 AM

You'll also need close toed shoes though you can wear shorts. Don't forget to bring sun screen and lots of water or something else to drink. They have a soda/water fund, but it's $1 a pop and generally runs out later in the day.

Besides passing a safety tech inspection of your car you'll just need to borrow or bring a helmet. All lose items will have to be cleared out of your car so you may want to leave stuff at home that you don't want sitting around and potentially exposed to the elements (rain, sun, mongooses, etc.)

Look forward to seeing some new faces at Solo II and it's more fun to drive then just watch! You'll get a co-pilot (instructor) to help you on your first event anyways.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:59 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Looks like I got everything. Already have a helment just wanted to make sure if I can make it I will be on time. Thanks everybody for your input..Pretty much the same rules that apply to track days...
Old 03-06-2004, 05:47 AM

Car Info: 2004 Blue STi
I'll be out there this weekend. I'm off this weekend. Just telling the wifey that I have plans to head to the track on Sunday...my day to have some fun. I watched Solo once before months ago when my car only had 400 miles on it...now has over 5K. I'm ready to give it a shot. Thanks for the info...I'll bring my $25 and get a loaner helmet. See ya all at the track.

DrV
Old 03-06-2004, 01:09 PM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
Word i need some track time i'll be there. Hey Pat by any chance do you have a track map for the UTEC handy?? I know you in Indiana but i had to try.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:53 PM
VIP Member

Just pull a bunch of boost and you should be fine.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by gpatmac
Just pull a bunch of boost and you should be fine.

Cool i will do TY :banana:
Old 03-07-2004, 01:43 PM

Some family stuff came up and I'm not going to be able to come down to Solo II. I was really looking forward to watching and possibly trying it out. I was wondering if I could start up at any time. Thanks.

Ty
Old 03-07-2004, 01:45 PM

Damn alarm clock i just woke up GRRRR