Track Attack Feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 01:38 AM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
that's b/c the road course is where it's at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be out at the drags more when I have more mods!

and you would be timed by yourself on the time attack laps. I don't know if they can run more than one car at a time on the track, but if it's like autox, they can.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:23 PM
Angry Dan

Car Info: 05 Evo VIII
Farid asked that we post up some feedback about the track day today.

I got another Idea........REXSTANG needs to get his *** out on the track!
Old 07-14-2003, 12:58 PM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
Originally posted by kawshon1

hardly anyone goes to the drags anymore
I'll be going back to the drags very soon.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Where is my beer?

Re: Farid asked that we post up some feedback about the track day today.

Originally posted by Mach5WRX
I got another Idea........REXSTANG needs to get his *** out on the track!
he's grounded or something ....
Old 07-14-2003, 10:18 PM
First 12sec WRX in HI

Car Info: 12.93@106.71
I'm glad y'all are still thinking about me. I got back from my trip and have spent the time since with the wife and family. I've also picked up a block (Sorry it took so long Sub) and now I'm back. I only missed 20,000 posts since my last visit. Damn!
Old 07-15-2003, 12:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
I was thinking about you when you blitzed past me on the freeway the other day. Damn Stage-4 WRX's all over!
Old 08-02-2003, 06:08 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Keep in mind as soon as timing equipment comes out everyone at the event is screwed as far as insurance goes. I totalled my first Legacy at a track event and was covered because it was just a "driving school", not a timed event. The insurance reps don't give a damn if it's competitive timing or not, they just see timers = bad.

As for session lengths, I've spent around 35 days on various tracks and I've never been to an event with sessions less than 20min in length. Usually 20 or 25min is the norm, and some clubs even run 30min sessions. That includes events run in 95+ deg heat at tracks in the California and Nevada desert. I'd be pretty pissed if I was only getting 12min at a time on track. With one warm-up and one cool-down lap, that means only about 8 minutes of actual "hot" time. Bah!

I've only attended two events that didn't have instructors for every driver, and I wouldn't want to do that again. Without instructors to keep people in check you get a lot of guys driving in a red haze, not watching their mirrors, drag-racing guys to the next turn because they don't want to admit they're slower, etc. The last event I attended on the mainland I was in the advanced/instructor group, and I still had an instructor.

I'm thinkin' having instructors to help the less experienced guys get settled in on track would result in those new guys wanting to spend more time out there. Kills two birds with one stone!

Pat Olsen
'97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
Old 08-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Where is my beer?

uhh, .... I wouldn't Ever say I wrecked my car on the track anyway, .... I'd drive it, drag it, push it, whatever, to get it out of there. I don't think too many that have wrecked their cars said it was on the course .............
Old 08-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Where is my beer?

... and attend a track day here first, ... b/c a lot of what you said is covered before an event to prevent things from happening.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:56 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
I've talked to a number of guys who have wrecked cars on track, were honest with their insurance companies, and were completely covered (as I was). It's either that or insurance fraud, which I'm not willing to commit. I can't help but think any self-respecting cop would advise you to change your mind if he found your wrecked car mysteriously sitting on the side of the road, no skid marks, no scrapes on the pavement, no damage to the surrounding grass, trees, etc. My brother's a cop - he'd laugh his *** off at you, then tell you to haul your car away before he changed his mind and arrested you.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to an event at some point in the not-too-distant future. When is the next one?

Pat
Old 08-03-2003, 01:18 AM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
Talking

i have something too add to this, i'm suprised no one was upset about this. well for you guys who were there the last track day i could of sworn there was absolutely no passing in the begginer and advance group. i saw on that last heat on the begginer group that del sol and audi where just neck and neck with each other just before turn one and they didn't even take the turn in for starter and put everyone else in danger with them just taking the inside and everyone else coming out of the turn in cone about to ram those guys. so what im trying to get at is i think those guys should have been dealt with. but if they were talked too already to disregard this but that was something that was just bugging me because they will be on the advance group next month and the last thing i need is an accident. thank you
Old 08-03-2003, 09:21 AM

Car Info: White on Gold STi
Originally posted by mario
but that was something that was just bugging me because they will be on the advance group next month and the last thing i need is an accident. thank you
Not just anyone can jump into the Advanced group, you have to be welcomed/trusted/have the skills to drive in that group.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:32 AM

Just curious because the time I came out to watch (June) I wasn't paying close attention.

Is there a signal required by the car being passed which lets the driver behind know they can pass or is it just pass as you please?
Also, are the folks that do flagging waving the "about to be passed" flag to let the slower driver know they are about to be passed?

I hope to make it out in September? I heard August was not going to happen?
Old 08-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Where is my beer?

I don't know if AUgust will happen, Farid is in Japan.

The only time the intermediate and beginer groups are allowed to pass is on the straight, and the flagger is supposed to hold up the passing flag to tell the 'slower' car he is about to be passed, or should possibly let the guy behind pass b/c he's all over his ****.
In the advanced group, we can pass where ever we please! BUt the only guys really passing a lot are the race prepped Porche's. And like 18hr said, you gotta be 'accepted' into the advanced group, so if you ever see any 'fools' on the track, you can bet they won't ever be in that group.

and about the insurance fraud, .... sorry I'm not rich, and my insurance comapany would drop me if I had an incident on the track. I'll scar my perfect no-lying record to save my ability to be able to afford to drive. Best thing to do is, ..... not wreck.
Old 08-03-2003, 06:39 PM

Location: Flying on the H1 w/ 75 psi of compression on all 4 cyl
Car Info: PnP VF30 w/ STi injectors Perrin intake walbro fuel pump w/ a TXS TBE
so do you think anyone even talk to those guys about what they did??? i hope so because that could have been a really bad accident. i hope the head instructors or at least farid remembers them i sure remember who the guy in the del sol is but i heard the guy in the audi was some colonel .

Quick Reply: Track Attack Feedback!