Toys For Tots 2006- 11/25/2006 9am Magic Island

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:56 PM

Location: mr. police officer,im not as think as you drunk i am....
Car Info: 02 wrx

5th stop: LA'IE point.<correct spelling.

Just a thought fellas, but if i recall LA'IE pt. may not be big enough for all of us to do a big picture depending on the size of the group. I'm simply suggesting that we take pictures at ********s hat.

Just a thought!

Last edited by 1tyme; 11-15-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:26 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
this is a Subaru Annual event. I honestly do not want any other type of car representing i-club this year. If you'd like to join in on this charity event please create your own group. You are able to roll BEHIND us with your own group. If it's a matter of size (size doesn't matter in this situation) look at the 240sx Club of Hawaii last year. They only had 3 cars but they still attended and contributed to a good cause.

Jon
Old 11-17-2006, 03:31 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
this is for charity so stop your crying
Old 11-17-2006, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
this is for charity so stop your crying
no crying here... evo spokes man
Old 11-17-2006, 03:59 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Not to put a damper on things...but

Originally Posted by iNfEk
this is a Subaru Annual event. I honestly do not want any other type of car representing i-club this year. If you'd like to join in on this charity event please create your own group. You are able to roll BEHIND us with your own group. If it's a matter of size (size doesn't matter in this situation) look at the 240sx Club of Hawaii last year. They only had 3 cars but they still attended and contributed to a good cause.

Jon
I am with Jon on this one...I would prefer to cruise with Subaru's...the last Toys for Tots cruise was awesome...and although I missed the last cruise due to being off the Island, I heard the cruise was 35+ Subaru's strong...

Why do we feel we have to let these other guys cruise with us...our last meet (Ewa Jamba's) had 12+ evo's attending...do they not have the leadership to organize their own meets? That was over double the amount of Subaru's in the lot...

I like all sorts of cars, and don't feel ill towards any one company, but I also enjoy being a member of the I-club because it focuses on Subaru's...the car that I bought...in all honesty, I could really care less about how or why an evo is modded...I do, however, like to converse with other Subaru owners about what they have done and they will do in the future to their cars.

Depending on the attendance of this cruise, I may or may not continue with the group after donating my toy...
Old 11-17-2006, 04:09 PM

The only reason there were so many evos is bcause one guy is moving and that was his last meet so everyone came to say bye
Old 11-17-2006, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Island Style
I am with Jon on this one...I would prefer to cruise with Subaru's...the last Toys for Tots cruise was awesome...and although I missed the last cruise due to being off the Island, I heard the cruise was 35+ Subaru's strong...

Why do we feel we have to let these other guys cruise with us...our last meet (Ewa Jamba's) had 12+ evo's attending...do they not have the leadership to organize their own meets? That was over double the amount of Subaru's in the lot...

I like all sorts of cars, and don't feel ill towards any one company, but I also enjoy being a member of the I-club because it focuses on Subaru's...the car that I bought...in all honesty, I could really care less about how or why an evo is modded...I do, however, like to converse with other Subaru owners about what they have done and they will do in the future to their cars.

Depending on the attendance of this cruise, I may or may not continue with the group after donating my toy...
u were there y didn't come say hi?? i seen your cuzin there so i knew u had to be close by.

but back on topic. Y the one minded attitude? i thought outta all ppls you wouldn't mind learning thing for all different side.

REMEMBER GUYS THIS IS FOR CHARITY KIDS THAT HAVE NO MONEY, BROKEN HOMES, NO PARENTS, KIDS WITH NOTHING. and if we can get more ppls to donate to then and if it all we hae to do is let them crusie with us to help give to the needy kids then y not it's not about us it's about the kids. are you gonna be the one to tell the kids that they didn't get that much b/c ppls whated to be dicks and not let a few cars tag along? what kinda person are you. are you to good for anyone but yourself. whats wrong with other pls joining us to help out on a cause b/c they wanna be a part of a big group lending a hand. if thats how stuck up we are then i wish for all of you who think that way to give up everything you have. hell i know what its like to be there for crying out load i'm from a 3rd world country. i know what it's like to be poor. so if we have to have some ppls come with us to help out a good cause then who cares. thenk about somebody else for once.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:21 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
u were there y didn't come say hi?? i seen your cuzin there so i knew u had to be close by.

but back on topic. Y the one minded attitude? i thought outta all ppls you wouldn't mind learning thing for all different side.

REMEMBER GUYS THIS IS FOR CHARITY KIDS THAT HAVE NO MONEY, BROKEN HOMES, NO PARENTS, KIDS WITH NOTHING. and if we can get more ppls to donate to then and if it all we hae to do is let them crusie with us to help give to the needy kids then y not it's not about us it's about the kids. are you gonna be the one to tell the kids that they didn't get that much b/c ppls whated to be dicks and not let a few cars tag along? what kinda person are you. are you to good for anyone but yourself. whats wrong with other pls joining us to help out on a cause b/c they wanna be a part of a big group lending a hand. if thats how stuck up we are then i wish for all of you who think that way to give up everything you have. hell i know what its like to be there for crying out load i'm from a 3rd world country. i know what it's like to be poor. so if we have to have some ppls come with us to help out a good cause then who cares. thenk about somebody else for once.
Shaggy,
Not to feel like we are ganging up on you here, but this is a SUBARU sponsored meet. I know how you hate honda's so much, how would you feel if i invited all the honda ricers along on our cruise, since they have no one to cruise with. If the evo guys and you were to really want to do this for charity, then if you drop off your toy at toys-r-us, they actually match your toy donation (that is purchase the same toy you bought and donate it). I don't feel like i'm selfish, as i donate to AUW 2x a month out of my paycheck. DO YOU?? I also donate my time when time permits to various causes, for the sole purpose in helping those less fortunate than I. But i have not once told anyone about it, since if you really wanted to do something you would just do it. There are many people out there who volunteer their time to other things than personal self-gain.
So my point is I feel that we should keep this a suby-only event. How many of those evo guys were around when mitsu was hawaii dsm club? There are many old school subaru guys who were here from the start, older model imprezas and such. I just feel that we need to keep this going strong, as it's what keeps us special and unique. The evo community should have thier own club, that's what DSM hawaii is. I'm sure if you took a poll, the majority of those would agree on this.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by 808subaru
Shaggy,
Not to feel like we are ganging up on you here, but this is a SUBARU sponsored meet. I know how you hate honda's so much, how would you feel if i invited all the honda ricers along on our cruise, since they have no one to cruise with. If the evo guys and you were to really want to do this for charity, then if you drop off your toy at toys-r-us, they actually match your toy donation (that is purchase the same toy you bought and donate it). I don't feel like i'm selfish, as i donate to AUW 2x a month out of my paycheck. DO YOU?? I also donate my time when time permits to various causes, for the sole purpose in helping those less fortunate than I. But i have not once told anyone about it, since if you really wanted to do something you would just do it. There are many people out there who volunteer their time to other things than personal self-gain.
So my point is I feel that we should keep this a suby-only event. How many of those evo guys were around when mitsu was hawaii dsm club? There are many old school subaru guys who were here from the start, older model imprezas and such. I just feel that we need to keep this going strong, as it's what keeps us special and unique. The evo community should have thier own club, that's what DSM hawaii is. I'm sure if you took a poll, the majority of those would agree on this.
hahaha you much really know me. i have no problem with hondas that are cool. none. yes i do give to charity. all the time. even when i'm job less. we took a vote at the last meet and that what we picked that they would come. dsm hawaii is no longer here. if you don't show up you have no say
Old 11-17-2006, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
ok well good luck on the future of i-club capt!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
annual TFT cruise......is a subaru cruise........

if evo guys want to do the same....let them make an "EVO" TFT cruise....b'cuz the guys with the ol' skool cars do their own cruise....so why not the evo's do their own sh*t...

pau....
Old 11-17-2006, 11:56 PM

I am far from being selfish...especially when donations are concerned...

Why do you always jump to conclusions...you have no idea what my family and I do for the less fortunate...we donate a nice sum of money to the United Way every year, as well as to other charitable organizations such as St. Judes childrens hospital, big brothers big sisters, humane society and various others...we donate our time to provide for Lokahi families...volunteer at the school...dude, just stop already...don't ever put me in the category of being selfish...

and for the things I do have...nothing was given to me...I worked hard for everything, moved out of my parents home when I was 18, served my country in the United States Air Force, payed my own way through college...you're young...and you rant like you are...give yourself some years of experience before you start spouting out "lessons in life"...before you start talking, prove yourself dude...

As I said earlier...I don't have a problem with any one type of make or model...I joined I-Club because I wanted to be with other Suby owners and learn more about my car and share with others what I learned...maybe I joined the wrong club...why do you make it sound so wrong that we do not invite other types of cars to cruise with our "SUBARU-Toys for Tots cruise"??? This cruise was intended to bring the Suby community in Hawaii together...

...so you are saying these benevelont evo guys would not donate a toy if they weren't allowed to come on the cruise with us??? That is a sad situation...

...these guys should do what they want...donate, don't donate...it's up to them...why would we influence them to give or not to give by allowing them to cruise with us...those guys need to get their act together, and create their own club...organize their own meets...

Last edited by Island Style; 11-18-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Island Style
Why do you always jump to conclusions...you have no idea what my family and I do for the less fortunate...we donate a nice sum of money to the United Way every year, as well as to other charitable organizations such as St. Judes childrens hospital, big brothers big sisters, humane society and various others...we donate our time to provide for Lokahi families...volunteer at the school...dude, just stop already...don't ever put me in the category of being selfish...

and for the things I do have...nothing was given to me...I worked hard for everything, moved out of my parents home when I was 18, served my country in the United States Air Force, payed my own way through college...you're young...and you rant like you are...give yourself some years of experience before you start spouting out "lesson in life"...before you start talking, prove yourself dude...

As I said earlier...I don't have a problem with any one type of make or model...I joined I-Club because I wanted to be with other Suby owners and learn more about my car and share with others what I learned...maybe I joined the wrong club...why do you make it sound so wrong that we do not invite other types of cars to cruise with our "SUBARU-Toys for Tots cruise"??? This cruise was intended to bring the Suby community in Hawaii together...

...so you are saying these benevelont evo guys would not donate a toy if they weren't allowed to come on the cruise with us??? That is a sad situation...

...these guys should do what they want...donate, don't donate...it's up to them...why would we influence them to give or not to give by allowing them to cruise with us...those guys need to get their act together, and create their own club...organize their own meets...
whoa!

all this coming from Brent.

maturity = i-club

Jon
Old 11-18-2006, 12:49 AM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
*Applause* That's for Brent.

Why call it an i-club event when you have other makes? Not to be selfish but this is how we Subaru community distinguish ourselves. It's not for showing off, it's not caz we are better than other ppl.

It's about Subaru pride. That is all. Su-ba-ru Pride.

To touch upon Chris' comment, you don't need THIS event to start giving. If you have the intent to do good, then you do it ANYTIME. And certainly, you don't need to tell the world about it.

Well, I better shut up caz I can't be there but I guess I'll meet up w/ some of you before the cruise and drop off a toy or something. Peace. This is i-Club.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:20 AM

^^^Bummer you can't make it Chucky...

It's how we met...on the Toys for Tots cruise like 3 years ago...but you know, I don't even feel like going on the cruise this year...I'll probably just hook up with my cousin and anyone else that wants to just go for a nice drive...

Quick Reply: Toys For Tots 2006- 11/25/2006 9am Magic Island