As of tonight!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 08:25 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
As of tonight!!!

On the 6 O'clock news they police chief said that he is sick of all the accidents and speeding on our road ways and that there gonna start to have more officers out on our roads at different loctions. He won't say where and what time but he did say starting tonight, to reduce all this reckless behavior and accidents on the road. So just a warning to be carefull out there and Drive mahalo as Tony says.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:39 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
Maybe they should think about being proactive( open a track to take it off the streets) instead of reactive(more police and checkpoints). Just an idea but what do i know.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:13 AM

Car Info: Impreza
^^^What he said.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:39 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
We need a track for sure!

I live in Mililani Mauka...H2 is my backyard...literally...I hear cars going WAY fast every night. First, those that drive that fast on public roads and risk others lives should DIE NOW! Second, if the HPD wants to minimize all the street racing, they should definitely provide a place for people to get out their aggressions...I really don't feel bad for the morons who end up wrapping their cars around poles and trees...frankly, they deserve it. Unfortunately, it affects other innocent bystanders as we have read on the forums...just my two cents...a blue WRX that follows the rules...unless I'm on an on ramp or exit!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Howler
Maybe they should think about being proactive( open a track to take it off the streets) instead of reactive(more police and checkpoints). Just an idea but what do i know.
yeah, but that would require........logic? PD's don't have any experience with this "logoc" stuff
Old 11-10-2006, 03:46 AM

Car Info: 01 Impreza 2.5RS (GM6) & '08 Evo MR
hhhmmmm the more they're going to create accidents if they send out more hpd's out there.....everyone is going to get paranoid on the road...because all these cops are everywhere poppin' out of nowhere...
Old 11-10-2006, 07:42 PM

Angry

Monday evening I was going to take a drive up the west side of the island. I was trying to get onto the H1 using the Kapiolani ramp. It was about 7pm and there wasn't much westbound traffic, so the two leftmost lanes were empty. Anyway, the two onramp lanes end and merge with the rightmost lane. Some ******* in a Jag came flying up the road behind me and slams on his brakes right next to me (and right behind the car I was going to merge behind). Of course I was now out of lane and facing that lovely cement barrier on my right and Jack Mehoff in the Jag to the left. I hit the brakes and went behind him (nobody was behind me thankfully). I changed to the far left lane and then Jack decides to jump two lanes and pull right in front of me again. After about another 100 yards Jack decides to slam on his brakes. I'm generally a calm person, but by then I was getting a bit angry. Actually I was livid. I don't really know what that guy's problem was with me, but I was pissed enough that I had to call off my drive and go home to cool off.

If anyone sees a "Great G38" on the road, give him a wave and the finger for me. The moral of this story is not all the idiot drivers around here are kids in sports cars. I get passed by minivans full of people all the time. Hell I even got passed by the frickin' Handi-Van on the H3 one night. If putting a few more cops on the road will thin out the idiots a bit, I'm all for it frankly. I know a track would help curb the stupid street racing kids, but there are a whole lot of other bad motorists around that can only be cured with some nice hefty fines.

Sorry for the long post. Be careful out there.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Multiple HPD SOLO bikes on the way into town from Mililani tonight...
Old 11-11-2006, 09:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Zorfnab
Monday evening I was going to take a drive up the west side of the island. I was trying to get onto the H1 using the Kapiolani ramp. It was about 7pm and there wasn't much westbound traffic, so the two leftmost lanes were empty. Anyway, the two onramp lanes end and merge with the rightmost lane. Some ******* in a Jag came flying up the road behind me and slams on his brakes right next to me (and right behind the car I was going to merge behind). Of course I was now out of lane and facing that lovely cement barrier on my right and Jack Mehoff in the Jag to the left. I hit the brakes and went behind him (nobody was behind me thankfully). I changed to the far left lane and then Jack decides to jump two lanes and pull right in front of me again. After about another 100 yards Jack decides to slam on his brakes. I'm generally a calm person, but by then I was getting a bit angry. Actually I was livid. I don't really know what that guy's problem was with me, but I was pissed enough that I had to call off my drive and go home to cool off.

If anyone sees a "Great G38" on the road, give him a wave and the finger for me. The moral of this story is not all the idiot drivers around here are kids in sports cars. I get passed by minivans full of people all the time. Hell I even got passed by the frickin' Handi-Van on the H3 one night. If putting a few more cops on the road will thin out the idiots a bit, I'm all for it frankly. I know a track would help curb the stupid street racing kids, but there are a whole lot of other bad motorists around that can only be cured with some nice hefty fines.

Sorry for the long post. Be careful out there.
Ive had the same thing happen to me here in Cali . Not in the suby but in my old dodge stealth. Some new hummer thought he would save some time and not let me onto the highway. 222 n/a horsepower didnt agree with him as I was ahead of him in a matter of seconds and on my way.

My girlfriend has had the same thing that happened to you happen to her in her completely stock civic too
Old 11-11-2006, 09:58 AM

Car Info: black bugeye
Damn it I gotta parking ticket the other mourning. Please drive and park safely.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:44 AM

I feel for you guys about not having a track. But you're telling the wrong people to build a track. HPD doesn't build anything. They just enforce the law. You have to talk to the people working for the state gov't to do that or find some really rich person that loves motorsports to build it.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:29 PM

Car Info: Subaru PSM Wrx 05 w/ Mud guards Red 88 Conquest
I have seen the HPD pull over these freakin huge SUVs'.
Last night i saw Nissan titan on the pali driving like it was stolen.
I think they are just as a danger to the public being drivin like thatas the street racers. At least HPD was not disscriminating who they stop.
All you could do for now is slow down and play GT4 at home.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:20 AM

Car Info: Black 2004 STI
thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:25 AM

Car Info: WRX 2002
Too late, I just got tagged on Moanalua hwy going up Red Hill.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:18 AM

Car Info: car
a primered eclipse, orange mazda wagon, and a crown vic of some sort , were cutting people off including me, on the freeway last night. no cops were in sight the whole time

Quick Reply: As of tonight!!!