ticket for exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 06:13 AM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
These Alabama cops is right friendly, ya'll. Local and state trooper stations are on my way to Maxwell base and my exhaust is loud. Equal-length headers to RSR TBE, no cats, no silencer. 93.5 octane too! I'm seeing 18.5 lbs of boost in second gear!

San
Old 10-07-2006, 07:33 AM

Car Info: VROOOM PSHHHHHHHH
damn i know how u feel... i live in waikiki so its scary to even leave my house lol ... theres always this officer on this stop sign next to food pantry that always gets me ... well anyone know how i can fight off my exhaust ticket?? cuz my exhaust isnt even that loud there just trippen =D
Old 10-08-2006, 02:41 AM

Car Info: 04 Toyota Tacoma
Originally Posted by Island Style
Why do they go on these senseless rampages? Isn't there a way we can stop this unnecessary ticketing? I guess they figure, if they can't bust us for this, they can sure as hell harass us into submission...I think this is wrong...
It is wrong, especially when there are plenty Harleys that are way louder than the loudest car I've ever heard on the street. Are motorcycles exempt? And if they are, why? Noise is noise. There's this dude that rides a super loud chopper, that sounds like it has no exhaust manifold, by my house every damn night when I'm trying to sleep, let me tell you, it gets really old, really fast.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:28 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by chaego
damn i know how u feel... i live in waikiki so its scary to even leave my house lol ... theres always this officer on this stop sign next to food pantry that always gets me ... well anyone know how i can fight off my exhaust ticket?? cuz my exhaust isnt even that loud there just trippen =D
What ticket did you receive? No Recon or Loud exhaust?

You can either 1) appear in court and fight it or 2) have a written statement to contest it.

You should call the recon office and ask for the specifics. Tho you don't need recon, getting the "R" is the easiest way to fight that bs ticket. I suggest you go that route if you only mod ur exhaust. Good luck.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:46 PM

Car Info: JB WRX, AW STi, JB STi - 04's-
that must suck living in waikiki. i feel yah jonny
Old 10-09-2006, 03:47 PM

Car Info: Storme..
chuck, what do you think about the idea that writing a statement isnt as effective as going to court..

do you think that's true?
Old 10-10-2006, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by jamestaWRX
that must suck living in waikiki. i feel yah jonny
damn .. i think ill just the recon place... anyone has there number?!?! ^_^ so james , save me the rims eh =p
Old 10-10-2006, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by lostUNCERTAIN
chuck, what do you think about the idea that writing a statement isnt as effective as going to court..

do you think that's true?
Depends. I think going to court might be more convincing in Hawaii caz almost 9 out of 10 times the popos don't show up. Good luck man!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:11 PM

Car Info: Justy
Is that the stop sign at the intersection at the top of Hobron? If so I see them there all the time. I live in Waikiki too.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:44 PM

Car Info: '86 corolla GT-S/'04 STi
i dont know if they still do this but if your car is stock with just exhaust you can try to get recon but they wont give it to you, but what they do give you is a paper saying that you dont need to have recon for your exhaust in case you do get pulled over for it (this happened to a good friend of mines) the recon station told my friend that you only need recon for exhaust if your piping is 3.5 inches in diameter and above. as for the exhaust ticket if you got it for "excessive muffler noise" it might be easier to contest if you send in a written statement, when i got my ticket i wrote in the statement that he did not check how much decibels my exhaust was making therefore he has no proof it is actually as loud as he said it was. i say its easier to write the statement because of the fact that you dont have to go to the court date and first plead guilty or not, and then a month later go back and have to explain your case with the officer there, sometimes if they dont show up theyll throw it out or set another date... hope this helps
Old 10-10-2006, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by rocker13
i dont know if they still do this but if your car is stock with just exhaust you can try to get recon but they wont give it to you, but what they do give you is a paper saying that you dont need to have recon for your exhaust in case you do get pulled over for it (this happened to a good friend of mines) the recon station told my friend that you only need recon for exhaust if your piping is 3.5 inches in diameter and above. as for the exhaust ticket if you got it for "excessive muffler noise" it might be easier to contest if you send in a written statement, when i got my ticket i wrote in the statement that he did not check how much decibels my exhaust was making therefore he has no proof it is actually as loud as he said it was. i say its easier to write the statement because of the fact that you dont have to go to the court date and first plead guilty or not, and then a month later go back and have to explain your case with the officer there, sometimes if they dont show up theyll throw it out or set another date... hope this helps
thanks for the info... yah it was "excessive muffler noise" but than again i got one for no front liscense plate too >.< DOH!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by WRX-Zero
Is that the stop sign at the intersection at the top of Hobron? If so I see them there all the time. I live in Waikiki too.
i dont know what hobron is but its by Etan square .. or the intersection before food pantry ..
Old 10-10-2006, 09:13 PM

**Double posted my bad**
Old 10-11-2006, 02:13 AM

Car Info: Justy
i dont know what hobron is but its by Etan square .. or the intersection before food pantry ..
Yep, that's the area. I live right there.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:39 AM

Car Info: Subaru 06' FXT
I used to get a lot of citations for not having a reconstruction sticker in Waikiki. But once you have it, that should solve most of the problem. But about the loud exhaust noise, simple, don't drive through Waikiki or just drive really slow. The police that you see on the streets of Waikiki are just doing their job and giving tickets are one of them. (That's why I try not to drive through Waikiki) BTW, I've met a lot of nice ones that let me off with a warning and some do drive Subi's or modded cars.

Quick Reply: ticket for exhaust