Thursday Meet, 11/16/06 Starbucks Ewa Beach @ 9:00 PM

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 09:22 PM

Car Info: 07STI
cant we just get along.....thinking this in my mind: i wish i could have got my hands on a ps3 so i can sell it on ebay and use the money for parts =)
Old 11-17-2006, 09:34 PM

Car Info: 1998 RS STi
OMG this thread turned EMO...
Old 11-17-2006, 09:36 PM

Dude you have to chill infek.............i don't really know you but i don't come out to crash your meets, I just come out to chill with fellow car enthusiasts. It shouldn't be strictly about what kind of car you drive but should be about the personality of the driver like snezzerboi was mentioning (you know maybe something more then just subys/cars).

BTW this is coming from the guy with the "Neon", SRT-4 or whatever you want to call it. Its not like i just come out to bad mouth your car or looking to race anybody.

Last edited by Falbz; 11-17-2006 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:46 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by Falbz
Dude you have to chill infek.............i don't really know you but i don't come out to crash your meets, I just come out to chill with fellow car enthusiasts. It shouldn't be strictly about what kind of car you drive but should be about the personality of the driver like snezzerboi was mentioning (you know maybe something more then just subys/cars).

BTW this is coming from the guy with the "Neon", SRT-4 or whatever you want to call it. Its not like i just come out to bad mouth your car or looking to race anybody.
ummm.. exactly why do I need to chill. if you've read everything that I've posted in this thread it has nothing to do with me lashing out at people which is being done by serveral people here.

My original question was just to find out why there were so many evo's there (you're not included in that since you're the only one that has a neon).

no one said anything about bad mouthing anyones car. I like all c ars including both the neon you own and the evo's that came out last night. but this argument is about our meetings that are posted on a subaru forum become full of other cars other than subarus. that is the main point. there seems to be a problem here and a common interpretation of the type of person I am. I've contributed to this subaru community more than half the members on this board. I've taught many people things about their car that they would never be able to learn if our board continues to be this way.

I've been here for a very long time and am very sickened by the way the club has fallen. It's not just because of 1 person but everyone has a hand in that. When I'm talking about the club I am NOT referring to the people that don't own subarus.

I don't know you Falbz and have never personally held a conversation with you.

my question could have been answered very easily without people taking things so personally. I admit that I do not like the sound of YOUR BOV and have said that numerous times. I have expressed that but that doesn't mean that I'm not welcoming you. I think that people are passing the wrong message around about me and the other members on this board when we say things about other people and the way it is perceived.

I don't have anything wrong with half the people that came to the meet last night but it would be great for there to be more of a subaru turn out at a subaru meet. this statement will probably get the "but it was never just a subaru meet" response but things change from the "original" meet.

Tyconjr: your statement is very broad. who are you speaking to? It seems as though you are referring to multiple people. I know that I'm included in it though . Thank you for letting us know about your 100% atmospheric BOV. FYI: most BOV's are 100% atmospheric unless you get one that is 50% atmospheric and 50% recirculating. The joining of 2 groups has been covered before. I'm not against it at all but we're not talking about that.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:49 PM

I'm finished with this thread
Old 11-17-2006, 11:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
Originally Posted by sneezerboi
I am saddened at what HIIC is turned/turning into. I really wish I were there these past 6 months. I have made many close friends since I've joined and it's become more than our cars which have brought us and kept us together.

Many years in the future, many of us will be driving other vehicles, but we will be friends who met on these forums as Subaru enthusiasts. We will have our stories to tell over beers, steaks, and poke.

Having said that, I'm begging you all to please put aside your differences in opinions in order to save HIIC. I'd like current and future members to get out of i-club what I did. With the proper care and dedication, I don't see why this shouldn't be possible.

I'm starting to see in other places/forums that the reputation of i-club isn't what it used to be. They know what it used to be like and notice what it is now and some of them shake their head.

I will always be proud to be a member of HIIC no matter what and I'm still willing to do what I can to help out. I'll be moving back within a year and will be looking forward to seeing all of you again on a regular basis.

Until then, let's please live in peace.

i agree with josh...i'm also sad of what's going on....hope things get better...

one more thing...IMO...i dont think any one of us can hate/talk down to jon (infeK) or any of the ol' skoolers...b'cuz they always try's to help us with any questions on subaru's...jon and all the ol' skoolers help all of us suby guys when we do need help with car stuff...

gah....lets just all "do the right thing"....please....

Last edited by .:: 808 STi ::.; 11-17-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:42 PM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
ok this is ridiculous and i am gonna have to say something. i mean seriously, i'm all for diversification and everything but f*** man, i had no idea we were turning into ie-club. anyone that knows me will tell you i'm always down to help and it doesn't matter what kind of car you drive. hell i still remember the first couple meets when rob i think it was who had that mustang came out and there were no problems. the problem i see is these guys comming out who we don't know and stay all by themselves and don't talk to anyone. hell get a F***ing pair, step up, and introdce yourself. i have met a few evo guys and there are some cool guys. there are also a few ****** and people who really need to stay far away from me. jon is only trying to understand why there are so many of them coming out and why they don't make their own meets. i mean hell i'm wondering the same thing. **** it seems like your the only one they really talk to so why would they want to come to our meets and make it awkward for everyone when they could just have their own. it doesn't seem that they care about their reputation and the company they keep as much as some of us do. i'm sure the majority are cool guys (with the exception of the punk at the pearlcity meet). it would be nice to get to know some of them better but i for one am not the newbie. i will not make it easier for them and if they wanna continue to come and hang out i suggest they grow a pair and stop being loners. if you guys really wanna come and hang out and converse, then do it...or go home. we don't need the extra drama from people who are just trying to look cool. i have no respect for people who buy a car and think they are the $hit. just because my mom can aford an evo doesn't make her cool...she's not. you wanna be accepted by us hardasses then know your $hit and take an interest in something besides how sweet you and your car look. i for one wanna see this work and i know jon does also. we have disscussed the evo quite a bit and both agree it tis a great car. there are things i like and things i don't. i don't hate the car, i just disslike some of the people who drive them...so untill someone changes my mind i will continue like a lot of people to not like them. period.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:42 PM

Ya i personally do not know Jon or infek so im not passing any judgement on him. Just added my 02 cents. Im done with this thread and have no grudges with anybody so i look forward to seeing you guys at future meets. Whether its Iclub or whatever.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:05 AM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
^btw man ho many turbos you got in there? sounds like 5 coming out of your exhaust nice..
Old 11-18-2006, 12:07 AM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
+1 for Jon and Justin...

Always willing to help out with knowledge and advice...I appreciate your guys help...

This whole situation is getting out of hand...
Old 11-18-2006, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by 91sleeper
^btw man ho many turbos you got in there? sounds like 5 coming out of your exhaust nice..
Haha thanks man................its actually my open downpipe that causes the spooling sound. I have an electric cutout that dumps the exhaust straight down or runs it back through my quiet muffler. Night/day difference

Last edited by Falbz; 11-18-2006 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Falbz
Haha thanks man................its actually my open downpipe that causes the spooling sound. I have an electric cutout that dumps the exhaust straight down or run it back through my quiet muffler. Night/day difference
ACTUALLY... it doesn't sound like a spooling sound rather it sounds like your BOV is leaking boost slowly like the screw is open to much.

Jon
Old 11-18-2006, 12:28 AM

^^^Thanks ill check it out tomorrow

-Jordan
Old 11-18-2006, 02:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by STiAlain
cant we just get along.....thinking this in my mind: i wish i could have got my hands on a ps3 so i can sell it on ebay and use the money for parts =)

You seen the outrageous prices for them!!! Seen one going for 3 grand...THats crazy!! Too rich for my blood...
Old 11-18-2006, 02:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
+1

Originally Posted by Island Style
Always willing to help out with knowledge and advice...I appreciate your guys help...

This whole situation is getting out of hand...

I agree with you brent!!! Jon was the first to help me on my difficlut situation i had with my Defi gauges..And you Brent,Greg(gdogg),jon(infek) and the 30 plus members who posted on my thread dedicated to my dad, with my very difficult and still difficult situation with the Passing of my beloved Dad MOISES AGPAOA RIVERA, now 6months ago and his bday is coming up!!!..R.I.P. and God bless his soul and the rest here the lost someone dearly to them!!!Sorry had to stop to wipe my tear!!!And the time i first met and talked too Randy(808 STi) at my working place when you were in your pepsi uniform...Im not saying everyone here arent helpful because I have gotten alot of help understanding and learning the subaru ways through this forum and interactions with fellow members!! But hopefully i wont be bothering anyone as I bought this CD that breaks down the subaru impreza in very good details...Its like a Chiltons or Haynes Repair manual but on a cd...

THATS ALL I'VE GOT 2 say...

Quick Reply: Thursday Meet, 11/16/06 Starbucks Ewa Beach @ 9:00 PM