Thursday Meet, 11/16/06 Starbucks Ewa Beach @ 9:00 PM

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 06:23 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by 49_STi
Don't forget that idiot that did a burnout leaving the shopping center.
that guy had nutting to do with any of the cars that were with us last night. subys or evo's
Old 11-17-2006, 06:24 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Hey Yamatodashii, need to setup our gear now and take some shoots of the upcoming fight
Old 11-17-2006, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by tazer
it's a matter of respect and attitude jon..

the evo guys took center stage at a i-club meet. NOT respectful IMO since it wasn't 'technically' their gathering/meet.

Add to that the attitude that was displayed by the guy that lost his evo to an accident (drove up in a truck/suv. I don't blame him for his bad attitude, but there are more MATURE manners in which to show your distaste) and the 2 Buick Grand Nationals acting stupid leaving the event just before me (and I won't go into detail about how it looked like they wanted to instigate a race with me on the way up Fort Weaver)

In any case, With that number of EVOs they should have enough to have their own events without needing your (or i-club's) event planning assistance.

They want to have a weekly meet? sure... but how about 'not' crashing another clubs' events?

I believe that was my last i-club weekly event, when I-Club meets are I-Club meets again, where individuals with like interests and expertise can gather without bragging about whose 'sack' is bigger... I will likely return.

-tazer
/.burt./
no one crashed nothing it was a matter that evryone is welcomed. u can bring you friends. and who was bragging about what i didn't hear anyone bragging about nothing?
Old 11-17-2006, 06:43 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
i was typing from my blackberry phone.

there is a time and a place to fix problems with your cars since you guys wanna be **** about it and the meets is not one of them. you shouldn't come into the parking lot in 4th gear you were going dast and you know it.

as i said it the other thread there were so many evo's there b/c one guy is moving away. remember when josh came back to visit, how we had about 20+ subys show up and then the next meet we were back down to like 6. yeh think of it that way. then next meet will go back to only a few like always.

just like u said jon you couldn't control you BOV so you should know that the speed limit on that road is 45mph and most cars that boost high will blow off some you cannot control and some you can. yeh there were a few evo's that blow off cause they wanted to and some that blew off cause of normal driving. and yes the subys are just as guilty of doing it so please don't just pick on one car make when lots were to blame.
umm.. the speed limit is 35/40 and since i have a 6 speed I was at the BOTTOM of forth (meaning I just shifted into forth). Also you don't need to be going fast to be in forth gear. When I daily drive I shift before 3500 so I wasn't going fast. I might have SOUNDED like I was hauling *** but i wasn't

yes, I remember when josh came down...blah blah blah. the difference is that he owns a subaru.

Granted the EVO guys made our meet their meet to wish someone farewell but if that was the case they should have made their own meet for that event since it should have been a little more personal than that. Also if you wanted to go with them you could have. we don't obligate you to stay with us if your friends want you to go with them.

whatever this is a never-ending argument that can happen over and over again. the bottom line **** is that I'm not the only one that is feeling this way about the evo guys being at our meets. I understand that they'd like to hang out and make like they want to be our friends/acquaintances but when you keep to yourselves most of the time it doesn't help the situation. The guys that came up to us at the end that was leaving... I have no problems with them since they interact with us in some way shape or form. The other guys don't

I'm just suggesting what they could do. a couple of them that come out religiously to OUR meets can put together meetings of their own. They can start posting in the appropriate forum area and start to organize themselves. Then they could invite US to their meets. It's kinda like hospitality. You don't just keep coming to hours house all the time and take up all the room and never invite us to your place

Jon
Old 11-17-2006, 06:53 PM

keep to themselves as i recall they were walking up to u and having conversations with u. but obviously i-club is nothing but a bunch of stuck up people with a few exceptions. it seems as tho only 2 people have a prob with the evo guys and if any one else has a prob they obviously cant say any thing bout it. but jon u seem to complain about everything shaggy has to say. no matter what subject its about. yea ur entitled to ur opinion but frankly im sick of it. all u do is whine and complain. all the evo guys r trying to do is make friends. i wonder y they dont talk to u....cause u always got something to say. just leave it alone already. if u want nothing to do with them then dont talk to them...oh wait u already do that.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by iNfEk
umm.. the speed limit is 35/40 and since i have a 6 speed I was at the BOTTOM of forth (meaning I just shifted into forth). Also you don't need to be going fast to be in forth gear. When I daily drive I shift before 3500 so I wasn't going fast. I might have SOUNDED like I was hauling *** but i wasn't

yes, I remember when josh came down...blah blah blah. the difference is that he owns a subaru.

Granted the EVO guys made our meet their meet to wish someone farewell but if that was the case they should have made their own meet for that event since it should have been a little more personal than that. Also if you wanted to go with them you could have. we don't obligate you to stay with us if your friends want you to go with them.

whatever this is a never-ending argument that can happen over and over again. the bottom line **** is that I'm not the only one that is feeling this way about the evo guys being at our meets. I understand that they'd like to hang out and make like they want to be our friends/acquaintances but when you keep to yourselves most of the time it doesn't help the situation. The guys that came up to us at the end that was leaving... I have no problems with them since they interact with us in some way shape or form. The other guys don't

I'm just suggesting what they could do. a couple of them that come out religiously to OUR meets can put together meetings of their own. They can start posting in the appropriate forum area and start to organize themselves. Then they could invite US to their meets. It's kinda like hospitality. You don't just keep coming to hours house all the time and take up all the room and never invite us to your place

Jon
when they have BBQ the invites are there you guys never show up. and you came in late so that is your job to say hi to everyone not there b/c jon showed up. get a grip of yourself. the meets are unwind sessions period! if you make i bi-weekly i will still post one on the weeks you don't and if you don't like it then don't come, goto the one's you wanna go to. to the i-club summer crusie i didn't invite no one but yet i do remeber other cars there that weren't subys. tsk tsk tsk y didn't you complain then? hmm cause they were your friends. i like charles no beef with him but it is a 2way street.

and ppls complain about everything like the townies about no mets in town so what happen at ward the last time no one should up but us. no townies at all.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:54 PM

btw the weekly meets were never an i-club thing. it was whoever wanted to hang out them come out.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:57 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX/STI
i normally dont post on i-club, my name is rob (white evo with black wing) you say that we crash your meets. you know what how can we crash on someones meet if we are invited to them. you say we dont socialize, how can we when all you do is stay to the side by yourself. i have a full vent bov and it doesnt take much to make it go off. you say that it is not respected for us to show up when we are invited, then **** it, we wont go anymore. we tried to mingle with everyone. alot of my friends drive subies. im sorry for tryin to bring two groups togther
Old 11-17-2006, 07:24 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by iNfEk
ok... I've got a question. why is it we don't have as many Subarus at our meets but we have an ungodly amount of evo's showing up?

please advise me as to why?
IMHO-

Jon... you are one of the reasons(not the only one) why some people don't come out.
it's your attitude- or the way you come across to initially... you come across to some people as a *****. kinda makes people not want to come out-

keep in mind that everything that i just said is my humble opinion..
Originally Posted by leilani808
btw the weekly meets were never an i-club thing. it was whoever wanted to hang out them come out.
thank you.

aloha from the summit of *-^-mauna kea-^-*
Old 11-17-2006, 07:28 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Originally Posted by gdogg
IMHO-

Jon... you are one of the reasons(not the only one) why some people don't come out.
it's your attitude- or the way you come across to initially... you come across to some people as a *****. kinda makes people not want to come out-

keep in mind that everything that i just said is my humble opinion..

thank you.

aloha from the summit of *-^-mauna kea-^-*
YES, you're probably right. things have changed dramatically here.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:12 PM

Car Info: 2005 Black & Gold STi
disclaimer: i never post here but im Dallas (black 05 sti on gold) and many of you know who i am...

i dunno what to really say about this situation but none the less this could easily escalade into a bigger problem...i see where everyone is coming from but i thought it was always an evo/subie meet...i guess i havent been here that long...

i say if everyone wants to have strictly subies there...do a bi-weekly schedule of STRICTLY SUBIES and a bi-weekly schedule for both evos and subies...that way there is still a meet every week and then also we have a meet where its just us...during that same time as the subie meet, the evos can have a meet...or whatever..my 2 cents..

-Dallas
Old 11-17-2006, 08:24 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
...and ppls complain about everything like the townies about no mets in town so what happen at ward the last time no one should up but us. no townies at all.
Interesting comment ****, I am a townie, not to make a general comment here, but "people" have also other priorities.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:28 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I am saddened at what HIIC is turned/turning into. I really wish I were there these past 6 months. I have made many close friends since I've joined and it's become more than our cars which have brought us and kept us together.

Many years in the future, many of us will be driving other vehicles, but we will be friends who met on these forums as Subaru enthusiasts. We will have our stories to tell over beers, steaks, and poke.

Having said that, I'm begging you all to please put aside your differences in opinions in order to save HIIC. I'd like current and future members to get out of i-club what I did. With the proper care and dedication, I don't see why this shouldn't be possible.

I'm starting to see in other places/forums that the reputation of i-club isn't what it used to be. They know what it used to be like and notice what it is now and some of them shake their head.

I will always be proud to be a member of HIIC no matter what and I'm still willing to do what I can to help out. I'll be moving back within a year and will be looking forward to seeing all of you again on a regular basis.

Until then, let's please live in peace.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tiare
Interesting comment ****, I am a townie, not to make a general comment here, but "people" have also other priorities.

Just my opinion.
u never really say anything i'm reffering to the ones who say "well next time it's in town i'll be there." u always show up here and there and alway take nice pics and you never complain about the drive so it's not directed to u. this is also not directed to the ppls who don't mind the drive to this side this is for the one's who are like "omg kapolei thats just to far y don't you make any in town so i can come out" yet they never come out
Old 11-17-2006, 08:46 PM

Wink Hey ****, just playing with you

This thread is too much drama, juvenile attitude and more... oh, well it is public forum and everyone wants to make a statement about this and that...

Anyway, hope I can make it to another meet next time, will see how it goes :banana:

Last edited by Tiare; 11-17-2006 at 08:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Thursday Meet, 11/16/06 Starbucks Ewa Beach @ 9:00 PM