Why bother for such little things?

Public forum = too much drama

example, debating on "spelling and grammar:"

"Thrusday" = Thursday or "apon" = upon

Everybody makes mistakes, so be it.

Just my two cents...
Old 09-24-2006, 04:23 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
brent i didn't mean it like that to yah i guess it came out wrong. you are the coolest guy that i know. what i ment for ya was that u need to be there to judge. the rest was the vibe i get from our guys there.

like i said b4 i have introduced them more then once. the guys that i introduced did NOT CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS. so if there is one guy that you have a problem with say, (this one guy with so and so on) don't say the whole group. With the others that I have introduced b4 you guys still give the vibe as y there are there they have to be re-introduced everytime. Make them feel welcomed so that they will open up and conversate some more.

As for trouble
They did not go out blowing of like some subys did, you can ask brandon(1tyme) this b/c he said " wow they drove out without blowing and and ripping it." and then there were a few subys that night the left blowing off and you could here them getting on it a little. I think that can be more of an issue that can get us kicked outta spots verse a miss comunication on one guy's part who did come and say sorry. all i ask is that you guys be a bit more friendly. and not leave the place blowing off and ripping we don't want to lose our spots.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tiare

Just my two cents...
excatly my point what he did was wrong and he said sorry. don't blame the whole group. it's not something to start a war over.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:08 PM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
brent i didn't mean it like that to yah i guess it came out wrong. you are the coolest guy that i know. what i ment for ya was that u need to be there to judge. the rest was the vibe i get from our guys there.

like i said b4 i have introduced them more then once. the guys that i introduced did NOT CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS. so if there is one guy that you have a problem with say, (this one guy with so and so on) don't say the whole group. With the others that I have introduced b4 you guys still give the vibe as y there are there they have to be re-introduced everytime. Make them feel welcomed so that they will open up and conversate some more.

As for trouble
They did not go out blowing of like some subys did, you can ask brandon(1tyme) this b/c he said " wow they drove out without blowing and and ripping it." and then there were a few subys that night the left blowing off and you could here them getting on it a little. I think that can be more of an issue that can get us kicked outta spots verse a miss comunication on one guy's part who did come and say sorry. all i ask is that you guys be a bit more friendly. and not leave the place blowing off and ripping we don't want to lose our spots.
lets not try to confuse the issue here. i origionally stated that the only problem i had was with the one guy who came at me like a clown. i have no problems with evo guys or anyone else as long as when you approach me you don't act like an idiot. and **** don't pretend that you have never ripped it out of a meet or anywhere else for that matter. truth be told almost everyone does now and again, so lets not start to get into a civil war about what some poeple do. the problem is that if you are gonna bring someone to the meet instead of having them post about themselves on the boards is that you half *** introduce them. " oh hey guys this is **** he has a evo" is not gonna cut it, especially if you don't introduce him to everyone. look, bottom line is if i see you post i will remember you and if it's interesting i will want to talk to you about it. if i have never heard of you and you just stand there and don't say anything, i have no use for you and you might as well be at home eating some skittles watching adult swim. if any evo guy has a problem with anything i say then by all means, come to me and we can disscuss it further, i'm a reasonable guy. he'll i've made more than one good friend out of someone i got into an internet fight with. but i will not tolerate the dissrespect and the exclusivity any longer. if your gonna come to the meet, then be prepared to mingle, if i see you standing there by yourself and not talking i'm gonna come over and make you talk. so just be forwarned. k i'm done with this post. c you guys on thurs. L8
Old 09-24-2006, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)

Just my two cents...
saw that when i originally posted the thread hehehe. corrected however it doesn't reflect on the subject in the thread listing
Old 09-24-2006, 06:31 PM

Car Info: 2002 Legacy GT Wagon
wtf? this is so last week.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:08 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Post it all falls upon the "LEADERSHIP"

since everyone likes putting their dirty laundry on here...

i have always been commited to doing my best to "bring people together" -
shaggs, you have a big heart... but your conviction in your passions can sometimes irritate people- not to take away from anything good that you bring to the table-

Brent, you definitely have class - along with you Tiare(u pretty girl you)

Jon- 1st thing i gotta bring up man.... it's THURSDAY not thRUSday... and yes i am the spelling police for now....
and...
Originally Posted by iNFEK
shaggy... just found out your location is incorrect!

there is another guy that has been working on an RA project for as a while now definately before you got your gears. Please update that
dude! who cares!? leave the iraqi terrorist alone!

for those that remember the 1st "official" meet(unwind sessions...yes its marketing in a sense). there were like FOUR people there. one guy(darryl) didn't have a subaru... and still doesn't... now i am sure that the "old school" guys had their own "meets (meaning 2.5 rs guys)

here is my point-

if you plan of "assuming the role" of a leadership one... being passionate about subarus, having experience, knowing your "stuff".... means NOTHING if you cannot
have the mindset of "bringing a group together" - not that everyone will always get along... but in my humble opinion... the recent reports that i have been getting from various people is that the meets are just the fuel that leads to "drama" online-

so maybe me being busy has had its negatives... but Jon... you assumed the "leadership" position in terms of organizing events... i place the majority of the issues in your hands- are you the type of person that can bring people together and wipe out division... who knows ? maybe i read this whole thing all wrong-

and another thing.... if someone is the "host" of something.. if you really want successful results in your "meet" the HOST should do everything in his power to "bridge the gap" or sever the ties(if needed)

man, i will be 31 in a few months... i am getting too old for this internet drama... i can't imagine older people like Joey (Ditchhanger) who are like 40 years old having to read through all this....

there is nothing more to add than the obvious... this is supposed to be a fun place for suby enthusiasts and their friends to mingle. period. if you plan on leading a group.. then realize this and make it work at all costs

[all statements obviously were IMHO]

aloha from the summit of *-^-mauna kea-^-*
Old 09-24-2006, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by 91sleeper
lets not try to confuse the issue here. i origionally stated that the only problem i had was with the one guy who came at me like a clown. i have no problems with evo guys or anyone else as long as when you approach me you don't act like an idiot. and **** don't pretend that you have never ripped it out of a meet or anywhere else for that matter. truth be told almost everyone does now and again, so lets not start to get into a civil war about what some poeple do.
your right i never said i didn't do it thats y i didin't put names out there. brandon and myself think that this type of thing can cause us to lose some spots we hang out at so we would like it if we can roll out in a nice manner. (i know i have done it b4 but i'm not going to no more so that we don't lose spots that we hang out at)
Originally Posted by 91sleeper
if your gonna come to the meet, then be prepared to mingle, if i see you standing there by yourself and not talking i'm gonna come over and make you talk. so just be forwarned. k i'm done with this post. c you guys on thurs. L8
thats how it should be no one left behind. and if that person(no matter what car it is) don't wanna come then the thursday meets my not be right for you. cause were all there to get to know one another.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:31 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
How bout them Dodgers?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none

Just my two cents...
hey Norris, how you doing?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:37 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Just busy... and take care of my bball
Old 09-24-2006, 10:39 PM

Just busy... and take care of my bball
yo norris come play ball this weekend??..
Old 09-24-2006, 10:47 PM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
I will try.. not guaranteed...
Old 09-25-2006, 12:22 AM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
Name:  images.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  3.6 KB

sry but i just couln't help it.

Quick Reply: Thrusday Meet, 09/21/06, Zippy's Pearl City @ 9:00pm