Thrusday Meet, 09/21/06, Zippy's Pearl City @ 9:00pm

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 04:40 PM

Location: mr. police officer,im not as think as you drunk i am....
Car Info: 02 wrx
^^^ditto

Last edited by 1tyme; 09-23-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
Originally Posted by 808subaru
i honestly don't know why the evo guys come out to our meets if they aren't gonna mingle with the host sponsor of the meet. They may as well, well..... whatever. Sorry if I sound like a *****, but I just don't get it. Oh well, the evo guys can come hang out with us on the 15th of Oct. lates
^^2nd
Old 09-23-2006, 11:36 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
we could also be a bit more friendly too. it is a 2way street.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:52 PM

^^we're not the n00bs. it's on the n00b to introduce himself. if your cool about it then we will be too. it has been disscussed on these boards sooo many times but if they are your friends then why don't you tell them to introduce themselves or do it for them.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:31 AM

Car Info: 2003 Wrx Wagon
^^^ yupz!! exactly!! wen i was new i introduced myslef to everybody!! even if i didnt have a subby id still walk up and intro!! but fawk wat ever i 3rd da motion dat they dont fawk wit me on the streets wen im minding my own business!!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:06 PM

good meet on Thursday. I've been really impressed with the turnout you guys have to your meets. I'll be flying home Thursday, so I'll just miss the meet, but I'll wave a shaka from the plane.

Really cool meeting you all, I'll stay on the forums, and hook up with you all on my next trip

Regards

Mike

PS Francis, that GC is outstanding!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:11 PM

^^werd mike.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:43 PM

i have introduced them so many times already y do i gotta keep intrducing them? i did it at the airport meet. and the meet were the guy got hit by the car. so the intoducing is done the other guy i don't even know but they said hi to me. just saying you can also be friendly to whats wrong with that? were suppose to be a friendly.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:27 PM

^^i am friendly you @ss! I'm super f***ing friendly. i just don't like cocky guys who think it funny to be a cocky guy. now for the next time, if your gonna come out to our meets fine, but don't come up to me like we're already frineds. respect shall be earned not given, and i expect the same. if you wanna act cocky do it somewhere else or prepare to be made to be humble.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:46 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
man...I guess it has been a while...

I don't remember Evo's coming to our meets???

Sounds a bit hostile out there lately...wow, it used to be a pretty casual place to just hang out and see each other once a week...discuss any recent mods or future mods...brainstorm problems...it doesn't help that I have fatherly duties to attend to on Thursday nights...but this is the kind of thing that would keep me away from these meets for good...

I wouldn't want someone I didn't know just walk up and start smarting off about our cars...many of us have put a lot of thought and sweat into them...and for someone with no clue to just walk up and say stuff...bad idea man...

Who invited these guys anyhow...like I said before, I am the last one who should talk about who comes and who doesn't because of my attendance record, but if I see more Evo's than Subaru's at a meet...I'll be driving by...

I-Club = Subaru's...
Old 09-24-2006, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Island Style
I don't remember Evo's coming to our meets???

Sounds a bit hostile out there lately...wow, it used to be a pretty casual place to just hang out and see each other once a week...discuss any recent mods or future mods...brainstorm problems...it doesn't help that I have fatherly duties to attend to on Thursday nights...but this is the kind of thing that would keep me away from these meets for good...

I wouldn't want someone I didn't know just walk up and start smarting off about our cars...many of us have put a lot of thought and sweat into them...and for someone with no clue to just walk up and say stuff...bad idea man...

Who invited these guys anyhow...like I said before, I am the last one who should talk about who comes and who doesn't because of my attendance record, but if I see more Evo's than Subaru's at a meet...I'll be driving by...

I-Club = Subaru's...
theres is always to sides to a story unless your there you cannot judge. it was only with one guy and he is brand new to the island. give him a break his car is not even on island for that as a matter of fact. and as it have been stated b4 THIS WAS NEVER AN I-CLUB ONLY MEETING please understand that and stop being like our cars our the only bad as cars out there i mean they have some cars that will spank ours in a heart beat. (thats not the point tho) and most of them are friendly and you need to be friendly to them also and not look down apon them. i mean geez have some respect we were all new once. and we all still do n00b things to this day.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:33 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
here we go again...

here's the thing. this has been stated before. If new people come out to OUR meetings then they should have some respect and introduce themselves. That I believe is the main point of this whole rant that multiple people are doing.

I personally still feel that our meetings are generally for Subaru owners. However, I don't appose any other car owners from showing up to our meets unless they are going to be irresponsible and don't have respect for the people already at the meet (mainly subaru owners).

These meetings are primarily a place for getting to know one another and putting the face with the name.

That is all

Jon
Old 09-24-2006, 02:36 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Are we on the same page Shagg????

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
theres is always to sides to a story unless your there you cannot judge. it was only with one guy and he is brand new to the island. give him a break his car is not even on island for that as a matter of fact. and as it have been stated b4 THIS WAS NEVER AN I-CLUB ONLY MEETING please understand that and stop being like our cars our the only bad as cars out there i mean they have some cars that will spank ours in a heart beat. (thats not the point tho) and most of them are friendly and you need to be friendly to them also and not look down apon them. i mean geez have some respect we were all new once. and we all still do n00b things to this day.
Fair enough...I wasn't there...glad I wasn't...

I happen to be one of the friendly ones in this club...where are you pulling your facts out from...you make me sound like some stuck up ***...when have I ever made mention of our cars being so "BAD ***" and that we are better than others? You need to get your facts straight man.

Why even mention that there are cars out there that will spank ours in a heartbeat if you didn't want to make a point about it...There are those that have very fast cars, I've never said anything contrary to this...I have friends with Supra's and 240's to prove this...no problem with me...

I guess I never really paid much attention to the fact that "THIS WAS NEVER AN I-CLUB ONLY MEETING"...never had to until I started hearing about Evo's coming on board...btw...I've shaka'd many evo's on the windward side here...I don't have a problem with them as I have never had any negative encounters with them...I judge people for who they are and not what they have or own...

Dude man...you need to chill out and cool off before you start posting...you are doing irreparable damage to your character...

I'm done with this post...don't bother replying...

Last edited by Island Style; 09-24-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:41 PM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Brent = nicest guy in the world
Old 09-24-2006, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by shaggadelic
i was there and i can judge. i'm not trying to be a hard @ss, just state my opinion. shagg nothing personal but while this isn't a subie only meet, guests should act as such and be humbled that they were inculded in "our" meet. if the weekly meet is gonna turn into the anyone with internet access and who can lurk on the boards meet, then i will no longer attend. it would be easier for myself and a lot of other members to stay home after work and go to bed early rather than go out till 11pm to hang with friends. i for one am starting to think that sounds like a good idea. perhaps we should make the meets invite only, that's how it used to be. non "subie" owners would introduce themselves and ask if it was cool to come. it's a little easier that way, to say hey i'm ***** from the boards nice to meet you. instead we have people showing up acting like punks with no respect. thats what it really comes down to, respect. you don't just show up to someones house and dissrespect it, and you shouldn't show up to our meets and dissrespect us. thats all i'm saying, thats what pissed me off. not that they came to hang, but there was this vibe of dissrespect about that i didn't like. ask anyone thats ever met me, i'm a pretty laid back guy and i'm always down to help another out, but show me the same respect that i show you. going to eat lunch now. L8

Last edited by 91sleeper; 09-24-2006 at 02:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Thrusday Meet, 09/21/06, Zippy's Pearl City @ 9:00pm