For those who have Forced performance turbo's.PLEASE READ.IMPORTANT

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 02:18 AM

Car Info: Wave riding vehicle
For those who have Forced performance turbo's.PLEASE READ.IMPORTANT

https://www.i-club.com/forums/vendor-tuning-service-parts-review-152/forced-performance-selling-taiwanese-turbos-169887/
Old 09-06-2007, 09:53 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI
I e-mailed FP today. Hopefully they'll tell the truth.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:07 PM

^^^Hopefully they do Uncle.Your turbo was to young to have compressor surge and die.My vf 39 went through alot of compressor surges when I bought that bad hks bov that came from STI effeks and still their is no shaft play.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by ojichan sti
FP said,
"We build all of our turbos here in house at our facility in McKinney, Texas."

Thank you,
Amber

So who do we believe?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:10 PM

As of now.Deadbolt performance turbo's have my buisness all the way.Free Lifetime rebuilds for life.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 PM

FP said,
"We build all of our turbos here in house at our facility in McKinney, Texas."

Thank you,
Amber

So who do we believe?
I don't know uncle.FP turbo's are really awesome turbo's.But,what really gets me is that it went bad so fast.Worst of all.You don't even pound on your car all the time.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Teriyaaaaki
^^^Hopefully they do Uncle.Your turbo was to young to have compressor surge and die.My vf 39 went through alot of compressor surges when I bought that bad hks bov that came from STI effeks and still their is no shaft play.
Hey Brad,
You're right. Low miles, compression surge only occured at low rpms and blows outright on high boost. I think the turbo came with the defective shaft. One good thing, I would not have known the wastegate actuator hose was burnt off. Maybe I should thank FP for the deffective turbo.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:13 PM

They e-mailed me again,

We have seen the threads that this person has been making on several boards, and unfortunately he is very misinformed. However, we are not a company that is going to join up on any message board and get involved in an "internet battle". This person as he has stated does not know us and he has never even seen our facility. We have and always will build all of our own turbos in our shop here in McKinney. If anyone has any questions or concerns we welcome anyone to give us a call at any time.

Thank you,
Amber
Old 09-06-2007, 08:00 PM

Car Info: 06 2.5i WGN & 06 WRX WGN
Not saying anything about FP, but I was really happy with deadbolt. They had some maufacturing delays, and included a fre hot side coat and outlet port for the delay.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:06 PM

Car Info: car
They e-mailed me again,

We have seen the threads that this person has been making on several boards, and unfortunately he is very misinformed. However, we are not a company that is going to join up on any message board and get involved in an "internet battle". This person as he has stated does not know us and he has never even seen our facility. We have and always will build all of our own turbos in our shop here in McKinney. If anyone has any questions or concerns we welcome anyone to give us a call at any time.

Thank you,
Amber
hmm, ask them for pics...

i was looking into fp as well, im undecided.... brad, thanks for posting this!!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by juniorsti
hmm, ask them for pics...

i was looking into fp as well, im undecided.... brad, thanks for posting this!!

No prob Jimmy.As of now,i'm sticking with deadbolt.I have a FP 20g sitting in my garage.I don't think i'm going to use that now.Possibly i'll send it in to deadbolt to have it checked out and beef it up.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 AM

Car Info: Bugeye Wagon - VF39'd
Brad, LMK when you swap the 20g in if you want to get rid of your current turbo. I'm thinking about upgrading. The rack (11.5:1 BTW) is sick. Perfect for day to day but pretty sensitive over 100mph.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: 2006 EVO9 RS
Guys,

I hope some of you can see thru the fog of slander and defamation that Brian Smothers is slinging against FP. He is motivated soley by his hatred for FP, not some sort of do-gooder, kind samaritan love for the common man origin. He tried selling turbos that were made in Tiawan and they mostly all failed for obvious reasons, just like Brian admits.

For some reason Brian cannot accept the fact that FP actually builds our own turbos, and have for over a decade. That decade has given us more experience in Mitsu based Hybrids than anyone else. Momentums turbos did not fail because they were made up of poor castings, they failed because of poorly made precision rotating parts inside the turbocharger. These precision parts MUST be correct, and not cheap knock offs - this is why we exclusively use MHI bearings and repair kits to build all our turbochargers.

These Tiawanese castings only allow us to reduce our prices and offer you a better product for less money, and that is something everyone is looking for. There are no problems or defects in these castings. Factories in Asia have been making high quality castings for decades, and there is nothing wrong with sourcing aftermarket parts from Tiawan. In fact it allows improvements that would be too expensive to make otherwise.

MHI would not consider making a new part for even FP, even though we were the largest distributor of MHI turbos in 2006 and likely again for 2007, they are just too busy. Sourcing the castings we want out of Tiawan is the perfect solution for obtaining castings that are made the way we want out of the material we want in the quantities we want. And this fact in no way degrades the quality of our turbochargers.

This entire slander campaign is simply due to Brian Smothers needs for revenge and an expression of his feeling that if he can't succeed in turbos then FP damn sure won't either. What he missed in his poorly conceived plan was our tremendous databank of experience regarding what we do best, build the best Mitsu-Garrett Hybrid turbos in the world.

Boost On!
Robert Young
Old 09-07-2007, 11:14 AM

Car Info: 2003 Jeep Wrangler 8" lift
Slander

After reading all the posts, talking to people "in the know", and now reading the reply from FP I think that the most obvious solution is to disregard what this "TAIWAN TURBO" user says. It seems to me that I know at least 5 people running some sort of FP turbo with no issues EVER. I know Dan had a problem with his, but before we pass judgement on FP, lets see how they respond to Dan's issue.

The only reason I am posting this is because it seems wierd to me that 1 guy who NOBODY knows is stirring up so many questions about a company that has sold thousands of turbos and have a reputation as 1 of the best turbo builders out there.

This TAIWAN TURBO guy has been kicked off/banned from at least 2 messages boards for slandering people. Seems to me that this is not the kind of person that I would listen to, much less take turbo advice from. I prefer my parts company of choice to be professional, and courteous NO MATTER WHAT.

This is just my $.02. I just want everyone to remember that the internet is an easy place to start rumors and stir up some resentment of a person/place/company. Before any of us in HIIC start passing judgement on FP, lets see how Dan's issue plays out. If FP is as good as they say they are then they should do the right thing and fix/replace Dan's turbo.

Disclaimer: I do not own ANY FP parts. I have never talked to anyone at FP. The only reason this topic is of any importance to me is because I think we should wait to pass judgment until we have facts, not just 1 disgruntled competitors opinion.

Josh
Old 09-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: 2006 EVO9 RS
Thank you, a voice of reason in a sea of chaos.

Boost ON!
Robert Young

Quick Reply: For those who have Forced performance turbo's.PLEASE READ.IMPORTANT