Things that you can do in the mainland

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 07:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 94 T-Leg Sedan and a 00 M5
Well, Got back from the Vikes game at 2am. The game was fun, but it was painful to watch two interceptions turn into points for Jacksonville, and almost 100 yds in penalties... it was a close game that shouldn't have been.

Anyway, I had a good time. First we were outside listening to a not-so-bad bluesy band with some hot singers. Here's a picture of Jenn enjoying her BBQ Chicken sandwich. In the background you can see the Minneapolis skyline (or at least a part of it.) We were outside, drinking and hanging out for about an hour. I have some nice pics of cheerleaders with the film-camera, but none with the digicam.
Attached Thumbnails Things that you can do in the mainland-skyline.jpg  
Old 08-10-2003, 08:01 AM
VIP Member

After the fun outside, we went in to sit down, but first we took some pictures. Our seats were right on the 25 yd-line but we were near the top of the lower deck. The Dome was pretty empty when we got in, so we went down near the field to take some pictures. This is Jenn and me chilling near the railing. We got a little excited and bought some Vikings apparel prior to the game so we fit in
Attached Thumbnails Things that you can do in the mainland-menjenn-vikes.jpg  
Old 08-10-2003, 08:06 AM
VIP Member

SCORE!!!!!!!

Here's a shot of when the vikings scored their second touchdown. It was actually a REALLY good drive with some awesome 1st-by-inches moments. They were ahead 14-13, but then they lost 14-16. I know it's only the preseason, and they're working the bugs out and trying out different players (Moss-Culpepper only played the 1st quarter) but it was still a little disappointing. Anyway, here's a happy moment.
Attached Thumbnails Things that you can do in the mainland-score2.jpg  
Old 08-10-2003, 12:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
How is Jenn doing? Kathy is doing awesome, at least as far as how I figured a 9 month pregnant woman to be. Our date is 22 AUG, but someone gave me the 'General Purpose Whammy' which is said to never fail, so I'm confident that he'll be here by 15 AUG.

Oh yeah, continue to have fun. Make the most of it. Because OCS IS GONNA SUCK. (but it don't last forever)
Old 08-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
VERY cool!
Old 08-10-2003, 07:26 PM
VIP Member

Jenn is doing great. She's really happy to be out here, even though she thought she would hate it. We've been baby shopping the last few days, and are just about prepared. Our relatives hooked us up with a HUMONGOUS pile o' baby clothes, and we've got most of the basic necessities (i.e. crib, car seat, stroller, diaper genie, playpen, blankets, etc.)

My parents seem very pleased that Jenn is here and they get to help with their first grandkid. All in all it has worked out well.

Jenn decided to spend my last few days on the road with me, so I get a few more days to spend some quality time with her before I essentially go to prison for 3 months. Originally I was going to Solo it down to Georgia, but now we're going to take a leisurely pace (vice the 1,900+ miles in 1 1/2 days pace we took from LA) to get there.

Jenn is getting more tired earlier, now, but otherwise she is doing great.

Thanks for at least pretending to care . I'll catch you all later. I leave (for the last time, I promise ) tomorrow at noon. Then I get the joy of driving through Iowa for my first days journey.

Take care, and good luck to you and Kathy, Pat. Make a pass through the gulch for me when he's born
-Greg
Old 08-10-2003, 08:48 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
yo G ... it's always good to hear about what you're up to.

Aloha'z