There will be no World Class Facility. :(

I just read. I am sad.

http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=211982
Old 04-11-2006, 06:27 PM

Car Info: Sentra SE-R Spec V
i will not be taking lesiure cruises anymore the streets are no longer safe
Old 04-11-2006, 06:32 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I really hope that those who raced legally at the tracks do not take their speed onto the streets. This is for the same reason that you competed at the tracks in the first place, to keep things safe and legal for yourselves and for the public. Just sit tight and support any future plans for a World Class Facility. I know the temptation is there, but stay responsible. I know there will be a legal venue sometime in the future. This is just sad.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:39 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
FRICKEN C*NT BAG SHET ***. REALLY REALLY SUCKS.. is the state that dumb? i know there is the money issue but seriously, messed up. watch the death toll rise up for racing.,...
Old 04-11-2006, 06:51 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Thumbs down It's not so much the racers...

but the innocent bystanders that are going to get hurt from these nutheads...Kapolei to Pearl City is going to be known as the death stretch...there are already a bunch of dipsh1t$ running that line all the time...
Old 04-11-2006, 07:08 PM

Car Info: car
just imagine morning traffic... theres gonna be fatalities ealry in the morning like 3am, then cops are gonna be closing the freeways for their "investigation" affecting those who head out at 6-8
Old 04-11-2006, 08:04 PM

Location: mr. police officer,im not as think as you drunk i am....
Car Info: 02 wrx
Well I think the shiet is about to hit the fan!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:37 PM

Car Info: 04 JBP STi
You're right, but it won't be us guys who go to the track who do must of the damage. It'll be the guys using it as an excuse, even though they never go anyway....

Mostly because us regular track users know how to drive! j/k
Old 04-11-2006, 08:39 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Today is a sad day for me and for all racers on Oahu. As of right now there will be no World Class Facility for racing. A sincere thank you goes out to all of you who supported the efforts towards the new Facility. For those of you who don't know, Hawaii Raceway Park closed permanently the beginning of this month, leaving racers without a legal venue.

For a while now, many supporters of the track have been fighting for the building of a new racing facility. The efforts were for tax credits to be approved by the state so that investors can go ahead and build a world class racing facility. I know many personally affected by this and as for me, a deep depression has set in. I have been optimistic about this movement since the beginning and this has been a major blow.

Some great times have been had by a lot of my friends and me on the grounds of Hawaii Raceway Park. Never again will I wait in the staging lanes or hear the announcer call out times. Never again will I compete with my peers on an autocross course. Never again will I get the chance at the short course piloting my Forester through sweepers, straightaways, crossovers, chicanes, and off-camber turns. Never again can I make new memories to share with fellow motorsports enthusiasts. Never again can I enjoy a BBQ with my fellow i-club family in the pit circle, not caring if I ran a 15 or a 13 second 1/4 mile. Never again can I preach to the younger street racers to take it to the tracks because for now, that priviledge has been taken away from us all. Many families for many generations had great times at the Raceway Park. Many traditions were built there and for now, there will be no more.

It is indeed a sad day for us all. I can only look forward and hope that those with the power open their eyes and realize what a huge mistake they are making in not approving the tax credits needed to progress with this project. I fear for the public as angered immature racers with the need for speed take it to the freeways, endagering other innocent motorists' lives. How many street racing accidents will it take to convince the city and state that we NEED a facility compete safely and legally?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by sneezerboi
Today is a sad day for me and for all racers on Oahu. As of right now there will be no World Class Facility for racing. A sincere thank you goes out to all of you who supported the efforts towards the new Facility. For those of you who don't know, Hawaii Raceway Park closed permanently the beginning of this month, leaving racers without a legal venue.

For a while now, many supporters of the track have been fighting for the building of a new racing facility. The efforts were for tax credits to be approved by the state so that investors can go ahead and build a world class racing facility. I know many personally affected by this and as for me, a deep depression has set in. I have been optimistic about this movement since the beginning and this has been a major blow.

Some great times have been had by a lot of my friends and me on the grounds of Hawaii Raceway Park. Never again will I wait in the staging lanes or hear the announcer call out times. Never again will I compete with my peers on an autocross course. Never again will I get the chance at the short course piloting my Forester through sweepers, straightaways, crossovers, chicanes, and off-camber turns. Never again can I make new memories to share with fellow motorsports enthusiasts. Never again can I enjoy a BBQ with my fellow i-club family in the pit circle, not caring if I ran a 15 or a 13 second 1/4 mile. Never again can I preach to the younger street racers to take it to the tracks because for now, that priviledge has been taken away from us all. Many families for many generations had great times at the Raceway Park. Many traditions were built there and for now, there will be no more.

It is indeed a sad day for us all. I can only look forward and hope that those with the power open their eyes and realize what a huge mistake they are making in not approving the tax credits needed to progress with this project. I fear for the public as angered immature racers with the need for speed take it to the freeways, endagering other innocent motorists' lives. How many street racing accidents will it take to convince the city and state that we NEED a facility compete safely and legally?
^^this guy is just a GENTLEMEN....I feel the same way.....it really sucks....
Old 04-11-2006, 08:53 PM
VIP Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Beam
You're right, but it won't be us guys who go to the track who do must of the damage. It'll be the guys using it as an excuse, even though they never go anyway....

Mostly because us regular track users know how to drive! j/k
Pat you are so right, there's so many guys with suby's and you only see a few of them at the track....... we or majority of us know each other by names, that's what going to tracks did, it brought us together....

example when the track was open....

this black bmw that called me out on the freeway(awhile back), i seen him at the track the next week and kindly ask him to race the 1/4..he said oh ok i'll let you know(he never did)....the fact that you can race any car on the 1/4 legally was fun and being around great guys/gals with different personalities was entertaining...
Old 04-11-2006, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

this sucks ***....
Old 04-11-2006, 10:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Sorry to hear guys (and gals) been following the threads as you showed them your concern and need for a legal area to enjoy your cars.

Had been hoping that you would have a better outcome.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:29 PM

Car Info: WRX
damn them......
Old 04-11-2006, 10:37 PM

Car Info: 2003 Jeep Wrangler 8" lift
Hmmm

I have been going to the track on a semi regular basis since 1993. I wasnt really know as a "track guy", but it was nice to take the bike out once or twice a month and really open it up. Whenever I would get the urge it was usually on a Tuesday and I spent the rest of the week waiting for the Friday night that I could go drag or the Sundays when the bikes were running. Now that i have a subie, I was looking forward to the same thing. Now what am I supposed to do when I get the urge. Gran Turismo only goes so far. I wouldnt stoop to street racing, so I guess Im an S**t outta luck. Right when I was going to do some fun stuff to the car, and I cant even enjoy the mods. I knew the track was closing for a while, but I always thought in the back of my head that it wouldnt actually go away. I guess the state wasnt thinking the same think as I was. I have already seen more street racers in the last week than I did last year. Makes me wonder what is going to happen in the months to come....

Quick Reply: There will be no World Class Facility. :(