Thanks WRXed, 808Subaru, iNfek & Hoppie!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 11:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Talking Thanks WRXed, 808Subaru, iNfek & Hoppie!

Big ups to Ty, Chris, Dan and Jon for coming out to Ty's house!

Lot's of stuff accomplished even though we all left sunburnt and dizzy.

BTW...I got a weird rattle that sounds like it is coming from that hangar thing that is on the bottom of the DP. It rattles when I am in either 1st or 2nd and let go of gas without pressing on the clutch (sorry technical terms not working tonight).

It also rattles when I take a sort of hard left like if you're on a road and just testing your handling at like 20 MPH. I think it's coming from that clip/hangar thingamabob...is there anything I can use to wedge in there like a piece of rubber or something that can handle heat? If I don't hear back I'll go to checker's and see if they have anything.

P.S. it did it when I was reversing into my stall too...basically anything that makes the engine shake.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
Originally Posted by bpang1
Big ups to Ty, Chris, Dan and Jon for coming out to Ty's house!

BTW...I got a weird rattle that sounds like it is coming from that hangar thing that is on the bottom of the DP. It rattles when I am in either 1st or 2nd and let go of gas without pressing on the clutch (sorry technical terms not working tonight).

It also rattles when I take a sort of hard left like if you're on a road and just testing your handling at like 20 MPH. I think it's coming from that clip/hangar thingamabob...is there anything I can use to wedge in there like a piece of rubber or something that can handle heat? If I don't hear back I'll go to checker's and see if they have anything.

P.S. it did it when I was reversing into my stall too...basically anything that makes the engine shake.

i have the same problem also with my exhaust...rattles and hitting ...well let me know if u find a way to solve this problem..shoots
Old 04-11-2005, 12:35 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
Did you install the turbo heat shield? if so then it could be the turbo heat shield... If you didn't put back all the screws and didn't cut the heat shield enough then it can rattle enough to hear what you're hearing.

For that exhaust support bracket... you might have to tighten the bolt down since it shouldn't rattle unless you didn't tighten it. It could also just be it's a very tight connection on the exhaust causing any engine flexing to make things shift and binde.

check that turbo heat sheild though.

Jon
Old 04-11-2005, 12:38 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
ooops... no problem for the help
Old 04-11-2005, 01:10 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by iNfEk
Did you install the turbo heat shield? if so then it could be the turbo heat shield... If you didn't put back all the screws and didn't cut the heat shield enough then it can rattle enough to hear what you're hearing.

For that exhaust support bracket... you might have to tighten the bolt down since it shouldn't rattle unless you didn't tighten it. It could also just be it's a very tight connection on the exhaust causing any engine flexing to make things shift and binde.

check that turbo heat sheild though.

Jon
The thingamabob aka "exhaust support bracket" was never used/bolted on because it didn't align right or something (I dunno I was on top). Anyways, we were all pretty delirious by the time we finished my car (did 1 UP and 2 DPs before that)...so maybe I'll go under tomorrow afternoon before I wash my car and see if there's any way to get that bracket aligned or use something to wedge in there. I dunno maybe I'll just use splooge.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:37 AM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
The part that the dp hooks on to was a little bent when we put it on. The HKS is notorious for the rattle, mine did since yours is designed very similar could be that. How bad is it? Really loud or just loud enough to hear (and annoy)? If it is bad, I can help you bend it back.

And muchas gracias to all the above people and yourself for the help. You guys are the best. Thanks again. And let me know if the bolt is too loud.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:16 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by bpang1
lol... the last time i was over there i think i had the same feeling

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 04-11-2005, 04:02 AM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
I had the same rattling problem before. Check the connection between your downpipe and the exhaust midpipe. Make sure it's tight.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:12 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
n/p guys. what time did it all finish??
Old 04-11-2005, 04:18 AM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
Don't really remember. I remember 2 o'clock, then I was home, and all of our cars were done. I think I realized I was home about 8pm. Sun and laying on hot black asphalt looking a thounds of nuts and bolts that look the same eally hurts the cranium.

Im so friggin sunburnt, holy crap. I have the a/c on fan blowing and I'm still sweating. Dammit, I keep forgetting Im not brown.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:38 AM

Car Info: 09 xt
Originally Posted by Hoppie
Don't really remember. I remember 2 o'clock, then I was home, and all of our cars were done. I think I realized I was home about 8pm. Sun and laying on hot black asphalt looking a thounds of nuts and bolts that look the same eally hurts the cranium.

Im so friggin sunburnt, holy crap. I have the a/c on fan blowing and I'm still sweating. Dammit, I keep forgetting Im not brown.
i bet you guys are tired. brown people rule, but are we there yet???
Old 04-11-2005, 10:25 AM

Car Info: 1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo
I should have taken a few pics of you guys. *lol* I've been working so much lately that I had to spend quality time with the wifey, couldn't stay and hang out w/ you guys. Sorry.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:57 PM
VIP Member

The rattling is pretty loud...like a midget is lying under my car and tapping my floor with a little midget hammer.

DAMN YOU MIDGET!

I'll see what I can do this afternoon...I might try to gorilla that F$cker or use something soft (what? i have no clue).

All the other bolts/nuts are tight.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:06 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
The same thing happened to me too... all the nuts seems tight but the pipe was moving... so I dunno... good luck pang.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:08 PM
VIP Member

What did you do to stop it? If everything was tight.

Anyways, I noticed that you, brandy and I are the ones that are usually on at this time.

Quick Reply: Thanks WRXed, 808Subaru, iNfek & Hoppie!