test drove a Z06 today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 11:15 PM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
test drove a Z06 today...

not to hijack/out-do the srt4 post, but here's my test drive story...sorry, no pics...

okay, i wasnt planning on going, but gf and i were coming home from ala moana and stuff, so i say, wanna go check out the Z06???

she says, why not, so i go and check it out...they have 2 yellow ones and one red one in stock at JN on nimitz...the salesman was pretty cool...asked about the M3, and stuff, and says "wanna go on a test drive?" i say okay...i figure i have to do a credit check and all this other stuff but NOPE!!! salesman and i hop in and we take off...

this thing is a BEAST!!! lots of torque, strong pull, and rumbling exhaust note...acceleration is just stupid, and very easy to heel and toe with this car...i didnt really get a chance to really slam on the brakes, but pedal feel was great...the steering was nice and "direct"..it gave me a really good "perception" of the road, and feedback was on par with my M3...i didnt turn off the traction control, because i was scared i may crash this thing...but it never stepped in for me, and the handling was GREAT!!! it never gave me a sense of "holy crap i lost all control and i'm gonna fricken die"...the rear end was just planted and made the drive seem much more confidence inspiring...

i was thinking it was gonna drive like my friends camaro, (stupid power with no traction) but it didnt handle ANYTHING like it...very well composed when pushed hard, and STABLE in the twisties...

this car had the heads up display, which was VERY cool...interior is classic GM, and looks like the inside of my 99 blazer...

trunk space is virtually nonexistant...it's only like a 4'x2'x1.5' trunk...

MSRP was like 52xxx, and mark up was $7,900!!! i told the dude, is there anyway we can get it for MSRP...and he said "no." he then said i can probably get it for UNDER msrp...i can throw an offer and see what my manager says...needless to say, i was pretty shocked...most of the cars i was looking at lately were only being sold at msrp, and not a penny less...this salesman was really cool, and though i was looking at msrp, he said he could probably go under it...

the only thing i fear is that this is a GM product...and i've had bad luck with GM stuff...gotta check the net for any z06 weaknesses/problems...

i'm gonna check out another dealership tomorrow, and see what kind of offer i can get for a Z06...i'm still really confused as to what car to get, but i'm leaning towards the vette more now...
Old 08-24-2003, 11:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Old 08-25-2003, 12:15 AM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
I thought we talked about the no pictures in the past.

Damn you! Youre a bastard! Hard to believe $8k mark-up, in Vegas they were going MSRP and sometimes less, maybe more of a market there and more dealers competing probably. Looked at a nice goldish/silver one before moving. They are so damn sexy... I know what you mean about the interior I drive my Blazer and think, if I sorta squint my eyes I could pretend Im in a Z06...or something...
Old 08-25-2003, 02:38 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
:F'NJEALOUS: