Tell me the truth... is this lame?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Tell me the truth... is this lame?

Here's the story: I always liked the look of the STi, but not enough to actively seek out a trunk swap. Then, one of our members, who has been a big help to me (and probably many of you) was looking to swap his STi trunk for a WRX trunk. I figured that I could be the one to help him out this time, and get a different look for my car. I was also pretty happy that the trunk was de-badged, as I'm not looking to fool anyone, I just like the wing.

The swap went smoothly, but then I hit some of the other Subie forums to see if there was anything that I should check or be aware of when doing the swap. That's when I found out that most people think it's pretty lame to run an STi wing on a regular old WRX.

In the end, I like the way it looks and I'm keeping it like this. But I was wondering what everyone's honest opinion is about this swap. Tell me the truth, you can't hurt my feelings. In any case, I'd rather know that people don't like it, instead of thinking my car looks badass when others are rolling their eyes...

Old 03-21-2008, 08:31 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Ross,
I mean, it all boils down to what YOU like. I personally wouldn't do it, but, i don't like added weight to my car. I mean, there are things that i have done to my car that some may laugh at, i don't know. I mod to my likes and tastes.
Your car is looking good though, far as i can tell.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:35 PM

Car Info: 2007 OBP Wrx TR
dont let any1 tell u what u should or shouldnt do to your car. to each his own.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:37 PM

Car Info: 02 bugeye with tune by Ed
hey man, like posted before me, it is YOUR car so what you like is all that matters. Personally, I love the aggressive look of the STi wing, but since I have a 2002 wrx in black, finding an STi wing to match my paint job is near impossible. There will b a lot of ppl maybe not necessarily on this forum, but in the suby community who may say it is "posing" I don't think it is, because your intention is not to make ppl believe it is an sti. All your doing is liking the way the wing looks. All n all, the guy above me hit it dead on. Its your car and if you like it, thats all that matters.

I painted my stockers recently and thought that painting them black made the car look soooooo much better and some of my friends liked it, BUT my rommmates, who are not into cars at all, always joke with me about me driving around on spare tire rims
Old 03-21-2008, 08:59 PM

Car Info: Pasoi!
Hey I love the sti wing. I run one myself and get this all the time when I pass them "ohh its an sti" I get a kick out of it haha.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:07 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx vf34 281hp/276tq
i think it looks ok, if not slightly ricey. the only thing i dont like is stock sized wheels and stock height with the wing. in the end its your car and just like my car for me it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:14 PM

Car Info: '10 Xt Ltd, '05 X Beater, '01 GS300
Do whatcha' like....nuff said. Like Chris said, there may be things that others have said about stuff he did, or they may say about stuff I've done, but hey, that's what makes it yours. Haha, like some of you may know by now, I've spent a ton of money on different sets of wheels. <<<That's my thing. Some may say that's a waste of time and money.....meh, I like to switch it up. Do your own thang and be happy
Old 03-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Yeah man, whatever you like. The only other person that you might have word in it is your significant other. I actually like it, but whatever you like.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:50 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
Don't worry about what people think...

Like most have said...it's your car man, do what "you" want to do with it...

I like the STI wing...I went wingless with a CF trunk for about a week before I decided to go back to my STI winged trunk...my personal taste...

Looks good man...keep on modding...
Old 03-21-2008, 10:01 PM

Car Info: 04 sti now pulling hard but super greasy!!
dude your now hearing from who drives what I consider to be the most riced out sti possibly around so.......put some rims lower it a little add some shoyu and....... fu@k what other people may think or say for that matter!! if you like it then i like it!! besides if you do a couple of more mods to your car (rims susp.) everyone will think you drive an sti aaahahahahahahahahaa!! i get all kinds of looks from my car and gotta say MOST of them are good ones and i personally think its nice!!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:36 PM

Car Info: Black 05 STi
Originally Posted by stealthrex68
hey man, like posted before me, it is YOUR car so what you like is all that matters. Personally, I love the aggressive look of the STi wing, but since I have a 2002 wrx in black, finding an STi wing to match my paint job is near impossible. There will b a lot of ppl maybe not necessarily on this forum, but in the suby community who may say it is "posing" I don't think it is, because your intention is not to make ppl believe it is an sti. All your doing is liking the way the wing looks. All n all, the guy above me hit it dead on. Its your car and if you like it, thats all that matters.

I painted my stockers recently and thought that painting them black made the car look soooooo much better and some of my friends liked it, BUT my rommmates, who are not into cars at all, always joke with me about me driving around on spare tire rims
so are you trying to get rid of yours and trade for a black sti wing???

Old 03-21-2008, 11:40 PM

Car Info: 2000 subaru impreza
looks gay..lol..nah just joking, but for real just like what every other person said on this post, ITS YOUR CAR, you shouldn't care what anyone else thinks. I did some stuff to my car that people thought were down right dumb, but i like
Old 03-21-2008, 11:42 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
it really matters what you like...but I think it looks dope
Old 03-21-2008, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 2008 Mercedes E350
Dude, a WRX with a STi wing looks better than an Integra with an STi wing Lol, i remember one time an I-club member posted a pic of a guy who had an STi wing on his Integra.... how stupid and ricey
Old 03-21-2008, 11:57 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Hey everyone, thanks for the input. I was ready to get blasted... but I guess we are more laid back than some of the other forums. I hear what you're saying about the rims, though - that was one of the main comments on the other boards. I wouldn't mind picking up a set of wheels, but I hate to spend money on something like that when there is so much more HP to wring out of the motor. I'm not saying that wheels are not a good upgrade, it's just that for me, it's all about acceleration. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Tell me the truth... is this lame?