Team DSM / MatrixOwners.com meet NOV 13

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 02:50 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
Yeah, the Matrix XRS will slalom a but quicker than a stock WRX wagon. Other than that, it will get owned. Now w/your S techs, tires/wheels, and STi swaybar, you'd probably own some sedans as well.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:55 PM

Car Info: '03 Toyota Matrix XRS
its a drivers race in auto-x... we have a bunch of XRS's on the mainland that routinely spank STi's in auto-x.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:34 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
interesting...

Originally Posted by godofturismo
its a drivers race in auto-x... we have a bunch of XRS's on the mainland that routinely spank STi's in auto-x.
thats pretty good if they are beating sti's but in a stock vs. stock i think the sti would own. you are right, it does depend a lot on the driver. course we all know the miatas own auto-x.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: "the loud one"
Originally Posted by 04sleeper
thats pretty good if they are beating sti's but in a stock vs. stock i think the sti would own. you are right, it does depend a lot on the driver. course we all know the miatas own auto-x.
miata's and mini's usually own...
Old 11-14-2004, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
It is the driver, but CHRIST (I'm trying to be tactful, but I am so frustrated) who wants to drive a Matrix to race in? They are family cars. **** I'm going to go by an Astro Van to auto cross in. Oh wait no let me get an Escalade or a freeking Lincoln Navigator to run through the soloms with! If you want a fast sporrty style car buy one, but heck don't pimp the minivan. IMHO.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:06 PM

im not going to pretend that i know a lot about Subaru's, but i know for a fact, that my Matrix is built on a rigid car chassis (the Corolla specifically), is 498 lbs lighter than an STi, and is comfortable and useful as well as somewhat quick all things considered...

SO, IMHO, the only thing making ANY Subaru "better" than any "Matrix", is that turbo under hood, or MAYBE the AWD system.. but beyond that, I could spend the same amount of money on a base Matrix and turbo the hell out of it and make it reliable for the same price as an STi... A base trix being $15k... dumping a fat turbo / intercooler / ecu / exhaust / custom engine work and some nice rims / bodykit on it for another $15k...

its a car.. theres no need to try and make me feel bad so please get over it...

.. cuz you can diss my car all day... i'll just love it more :P
Old 11-14-2004, 11:56 PM

Car Info: 1999 Mazda Miata
Originally Posted by 808subaru
josh, the matrix didn't slalom quicker than me last week but then again, neither of us were stock, unless ur talking about suspension, idk if the matrix upgraded his suspension or not
hah that was me, i miss my wrx x_x i have eibach sportline springs, a progress rear sway, and all season pilotsports on my matrix...it handles like poop >_>;; plus i need to work on my auto-xing =P

say wassup next time man! im the only matrix there lol, but i been on i-club from way back

Last edited by scsi; 11-15-2004 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:08 AM

Car Info: 2011 White Forester.
Talking

Originally Posted by ginsu417
That was the night cruise, yeah? Where we ended at the boat harbor? That was fun.
Yup... was a friday night i believe...nice to meet the mitsu guys...

Mahalo
Old 11-15-2004, 02:47 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
whoooooooa!

Originally Posted by godofturismo
im not going to pretend that i know a lot about Subaru's, but i know for a fact, that my Matrix is built on a rigid car chassis (the Corolla specifically), is 498 lbs lighter than an STi, and is comfortable and useful as well as somewhat quick all things considered...

SO, IMHO, the only thing making ANY Subaru "better" than any "Matrix", is that turbo under hood, or MAYBE the AWD system.. but beyond that, I could spend the same amount of money on a base Matrix and turbo the hell out of it and make it reliable for the same price as an STi... A base trix being $15k... dumping a fat turbo / intercooler / ecu / exhaust / custom engine work and some nice rims / bodykit on it for another $15k...

its a car.. theres no need to try and make me feel bad so please get over it...

.. cuz you can diss my car all day... i'll just love it more :P
slow down there guy. nobodys h8ing on you, well except roofscoop but he does that to everyone. look it's cool that you love your car, and it cool that you wanna post on the boards but you do need to realize a few things.
1. it would take a lot of work for a matrix to beat an sti in anything, especially auto-x. there might be guys on the mainland that r beating sti's but like you said, it depends on the driver.
2. you'd need to do a lot more than just throw in a turbo to make it fast or more so reliable. i'm sure you would need a lot of internals as well as trans work if you gonna turbo one of those successfully.
3. remember what boards you are on. this is after all a subaru board, so be carefull in your choice of words. some ppl take offence to things easily(ie: roofscoop)
4. you obviously didn't buy the car cuz it was fast and you wanted to auto-x it. if you did then you either have the $20k to invest in it or are very misguided. you bought it cuz you liked it. nobodys gonna h8 on you cuz you luv your car. we all luv our cars. it's not about whos car is better or faster. it's about enjoying the ride.
5. i'm hungry. i'm gonna go eat something, still depressed about my car. L8R
Old 11-15-2004, 03:57 AM

Everybody needs to take it easy....

Don't mind roofscoop, he hates on the look of every car but the STi.
Also I remember when this board was mainly populated by CAR enthusiasts that just happened to own/owned a Subaru, now it seems that we got a bunch of Subaru Extremeists on board

Last edited by islandx; 11-15-2004 at 04:00 AM.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:58 AM

Car Info: MY02 GD WAGON, MY87 AW11
04sleeper-Id like to drive your car at the auto-x with some good race rubber. I think it would do good. IMO. There is a dude in a old POS MR2 that beat some STi's here before so I think Toyota's can do good in Hawaii....
Old 11-15-2004, 05:21 AM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
There's a nice breeze out right now.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by Scubaru
04sleeper-Id like to drive your car at the auto-x with some good race rubber. I think it would do good. IMO. There is a dude in a old POS MR2 that beat some STi's here before so I think Toyota's can do good in Hawaii....
The guy in that MR2 has been racing autoX for something like 15 years, so you put him in any car he knows as well as I am sure he knows his MR2 and he will kick @ss. Either way I am a subaru extemeist! I just love them, but I'm sorry I can't help it. I'm glad your are on the boards and you like your car godofturismo, but justin is right. You cannot just go, "dumping a fat turbo" in your car. Plus who needs a turbo minivan? That is what the WRX Wagon, or Forester XT is for.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:07 AM

i still love my car
Old 11-15-2004, 10:47 AM

Car Info: 1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo
Originally Posted by keirnna
Either way I am a subaru extemeist! I just love them, but I'm sorry I can't help it.
Okay so you're not gonna rag on me if I get a turbo Baja *lol*

Quick Reply: Team DSM / MatrixOwners.com meet NOV 13