Tantalus

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 09:51 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
Tantalus

just got back from tantalus and gotta say for only being there 2x that i'm probaly not going back there anytime soon...a few friends and me was heading up there and going normal speed and such...when we got the the spot about 5 min later a cop show's up and starts saying that people called and said our cars' was racing up and down...i was like we only came up and stop...n e ways he was taking our information down..i asked for what he didnt wanna answer and then said i could bust u guys for racing even without proof...i was like wateva...needless to say i doubt im going back there...heading back down to go home i saw the person that called the cops..i gave him the bird..hehe..can a cop just take ur info down ?..wat is it for ??
Old 04-09-2005, 10:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by hayn_wrx
...i was like wateva...
'Cause this is my SooBahRoo, don't touch the leatha.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:06 PM

Car Info: 2008 Legacy 3.0R 3L H-6 RIP :( Hello 09 FXT!
you should have asked for the cop's badge number then file a complaint about him.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:21 PM

Car Info: Rust bucketo
Sometimes, proof is what you need. None of this "I can bust you without proof" B.S.

He needs a few b*tchslaps to his head.

Wow, I'm sure anyone would be enraged if they were accused as you were.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:57 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
look- if a neighbor or anyone.... sees us..... they interpret our driving differently than we do. we may not speed, but sometimes we can take a corner w/out braking(thats just an example). if they make a complaint(call to HPD)- the cop by right will "investigate" the situation. if you fit that "description" then (whether they ticket you or not) they will LOG your vehicle info for "future reference".

lets say in 2 months you get "caught again"- but by another cop. and you say "Officer, I have never been up here..." then he looks in his comp and it shows your info, date, type of "stop" etc. gives them ammo if they ever need it.

if i ever go up there in the day (where most people are on there) i drive like GRANDMA (as much as possible) because i know that the public already has a "different" perception of our cars and how fast we drive them.

as far as HPD being strict up there- thats something thats old news to me.
and whenever i do go there i'm already under the idea that i'm a target because of what i drive. nonetheless i respect what the cops are doing. (most of 'em)
end of essay

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*

Last edited by gdogg; 04-10-2005 at 01:00 AM.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:01 AM

Car Info: 2005 Wrx STi Crystal Grey metallic
Old 04-10-2005, 01:01 AM

Car Info: 2005 Wrx STi Crystal Grey metallic
lol, i am a grandma going up there, i get tailgated by rav4s and vans.... probably the grandmas tailgating me....
Old 04-10-2005, 01:49 AM

Car Info: 04 wrx wagon
maybe all the grandma's chase the "racer/drifter" type off the hill so they can unleash their dodge caravans!!! Nah nah.........speaking from the standpoint of a P.O. we all know that people like to take their cars up their to drift, race, etc.....and that's not what the hill is for. They made a track at campbell industrial park for a reason, and that is to keep people from doing it on the street. I'm sure if some of you lived up there and had to listen to cars screeching around night after night you would want something done about it too. You basically have to look at it from the homeowners point of view. It's very easy for someone to lose it going around a turn and end up in someone's living room. Ok I pau!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 05:08 AM

Car Info: 02 black bes
hey i feel you... the black mamabas and I jk ... were just grandma driving too, but our exhaust is loud so people that live up there think were racing and call cops. since i was in the back the cop pulled me over and never wrote me a ticket cause he had no proof of me racing or anything and let me go.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:11 AM

Car Info: 1999 Mazda Miata
it was prob ppl that came before u guys if they heard someone, and if theyr racing up then theyr long gone by the time cops show up and see u guys cruising
Old 04-10-2005, 10:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
It would solve a lot of problems if the rich folk that own houses up there got that road labelled as a "Private Road". Then the PoPos (lol JK DTG and Hoppie!) could bust all the racer punks just for being there.

Dunno if that's for real but hell it's early for me here and I came up with it in a half asleep stupor :banana:
Old 04-10-2005, 11:51 AM

Car Info: WRX
does anyone have a map or directions on how to get there??????? trying to go for the first time
Old 04-10-2005, 12:23 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
I like to drive up there but I don't do crazy speed either. Hawaii needs a waaaaay better track to fulfill my need. Driving straight line is not my idea of fun driving. Auto-x is a good alternative but man it's just different. Not saying I do crazy *ish up there but Tantalus IS a FUN place to drive. Watching too much Initial D? Dude, I stop following after Stage 1. That's the reason why I bought an WRX, and what our car is made to do, cornering.

It is a bunch of horsesh!t, those f**kers living up there drives just as fast. I've seen a fat white woman in a Previa tailing my a$$ real close one time. No one gave her hell.

Now that guy is going to have beef w/ all Scoobies... Oh well.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:46 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
ya that's tru...well they should have filed a complaint against the bikers and moped guys flyin up and down...frick i even seen the big tractor the state uses going faster then us...even the tourist limo was going faster...n e ways i guess u can expect that since alot of peeps go up there for racing and what not...if i do go back there(probaly not) i drive like 5 miles and hour..hehe

Quick Reply: Tantalus