Take a look at what I got in the mail yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 06:29 AM

Location: Your friendly neighborhood Marine Corps recruiting station! (Pearlridge Mall by Banditos)
Talking Take a look at what I got in the mail yesterday...

Hmmm... what's this?

Oooohhh....

Aaahhhh....

(sorry this pic sucks... was in a hurry snapping this one)

Well, after waiting 4 days for it (ordered it on Monday 8/23), it finally came (received 8/26). Instead of going directly through COBB for it, I decided to call all their authorized dealers; and after the 6th phone call to Subaru of Dallas (Hotsubaru.com), they told me they had 4 Accessports in stock that had just came in that day. So without hesitation I busted out the ole' Visa Platinum and hooked it up . But wait... that's not all... something else came in the mail right after my AP...

Ahhhhhh, yes. The power of surfing for used parts in the classified section of I-Club. I found this pretty new PDE D/P for sale $250 from whiterabbit (thanks David!), and lucky for me even though he was in the east coast, my sister just moved out there so I had her pick it up from him and she mailed it out here to me last week. Life is good, and hopefully I'll be able to install the D/P and reflash my ECU on Sunday with Oldmansan (San: I'll bring some beers bro!). Sorry to ramble on so long, it's 3am and I can't sleep right now...hehe.

-Neale

Last edited by JDM_SAL; 08-28-2004 at 06:44 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:43 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX (Black)
Sweet bro.... enjoy...

For a second when i first saw the first pic i thought you picked up that new sTi stroller...lol

Peace

-K
Old 08-28-2004, 10:57 AM

Car Info: '04 STi
Let us know how it all runs!
Old 08-28-2004, 12:01 PM

Car Info: Justy
Cool!

Neale, how much was the shipping for the AccessPort, from hotsubaru.com?

Brandon
Old 08-28-2004, 01:32 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
good way to shop neale, maybe i should take you up on that job offer to learn the tricks of the trade.

hahaha, no just kidding.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:00 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
so much for the install then the surprise

hopefully i'm there on sunday.

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 08-28-2004, 03:31 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
neale, u sounded excited, what time on sunday?? install days at kbay right?
-chris
Old 08-28-2004, 04:36 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
I thought we

were installing that stuff today, not Sunday. Doesn't matter, but if you're excited, bring it over. We can wrench in the dark (I have at least one good worklight) if need be.

San
Old 08-28-2004, 06:28 PM

Location: Your friendly neighborhood Marine Corps recruiting station! (Pearlridge Mall by Banditos)
Originally Posted by oldmansan
were installing that stuff today, not Sunday. Doesn't matter, but if you're excited, bring it over. We can wrench in the dark (I have at least one good worklight) if need be.

San
San- my bad bro, my wife just flew in from the mainland today, so had to play "house husband" and help her with the kids. I'll definitely give you a call later this evening, I MAY just hold off on installing this weekend! Oh yeah, I took your advice and hit up Schuman Carriage (for peace of mind like you said) and got a brand new gasket for the D/P. only costed a bit over $20. Thanks San!

Brandon-- the shipping via UPS was about $40, 2nd day air.

Namakemono-- hehe... the job offer still stands my friend...

Greg-- I couldn't hold back the excitement... had to share it with you guys... I'll give you a call as well this evening bro.

Chris-- PM me your phone # bro!

Well guys, I will definitely keep you all posted on how it runs after the install, but just so ya'll know, like I said, I may just hold off installing this stuff tomorrow cause I just got authorization from the wifey to purchase my VF-34/STI pinks/Fuel pump and U/P. So rather than take apart bits and pieces of the car on different occasions, I might find a whole weekend to do it all at once. She doesn't believe me when I tell her this stuff will make my car go faster in a straight line than a Z06 Corvette (a bone stock one of course ). I might have to just prove her wrong! :banana:

-Neale
Old 08-28-2004, 08:15 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
hey jdm what year is your car?? can you take a pic of the plug on the veh that the int. connector plugs into im trying to get some info but cant find it anywhere thanks duuuude
Old 08-29-2004, 04:08 AM

Car Info: JBP 04' WRX
SWEEEEET man!.....i've been tryin to find other ways of gettin an access port myself.....i never thought of ordering it that way!...great idea!....right now i got that same PDE dp,along with the uppipe+a tanabe ext... you wont be dissapionted ....i've already ordered my vf-34,sti pinks,and walbro fuel pump from Gruppe-s it should be comming in sometime next week (yay!)...to bad i can't install it till a i get that darn AP!....i'll keep searching for an easier way to get it though....thanx for the great idea.

-ROB
Old 08-29-2004, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
hey jdm what year is your car?? can you take a pic of the plug on the veh that the int. connector plugs into im trying to get some info but cant find it anywhere thanks duuuude
My car is an 2002 WRX... I'm not sure what you're asking me to take a pic of... could you be a little more specific? I'd be happy to help, just wanna make sure I take a pic of the right thing.

-Neale
Old 08-29-2004, 03:04 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
when you marry the acessport to the ecu you have to plug in the green test mode connectors then plug in the initialization in your case it will be white then plug in the obd2 plug i need to know what the intialization plug goes into thanks duuuude
Old 08-29-2004, 05:33 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
I don't

think we'll be installing today. Easier to do the uppipe/turbo/downpipe at the same time, along with the other stuff. I had major help from some of the seriously experienced guys with the turbo, header/uppipe, and downpipe install. We'll need at least one person who's done it, not just assisted. I did the GBODs, Chibby did my fuel pump and injectors. Don't know crap about the Cobb, I waited over a year just to hear them tell me to wait some more. Won't deal with them again. Weekends are open and afternoons usually too.

San