System in my STi...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 02:59 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
System in my STi...

Ok, new thread.

Kenwood DVD with 10-disc CD/DVD changer in the trunk. 10" sub and amp. Will post more specs when I can find the paperwork.

Special T did an awesome job. Ended up hiding the sub and amp, we talked about flushmount in trunk, but with kid coming never know what I might have to put in there.

Deck Closed:

Deck Open Matrix:

Media Listing from Changer:

Trunk install. Check out how perfect they made logo. Damn!

Another:

Inside Trunk:

STi logo in trunk:

What can I say, it sounds great. Im not into serious bass so the 10 has just enough for me. Everything sounds good. The unit s fully motorized so it stores and opens automatically. Blocks A/C a little, but I can live with that. More adjustments that I know what to do with as well, still figuring all that out.

Props to Special T for the install...
Old 05-15-2003, 03:05 PM

Car Info: G35 Coupe (FOR SALE)
Thumbs up Looks great Dave!

When are you going to take me for a ride?
Old 05-15-2003, 03:18 PM

Wow, you got your plates already? damn that was fast. nice setup though....so what size speakers did you slap in the doors?

-Snuff
Old 05-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Sweet!
Old 05-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Thumbs up

dayyyyaaam!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 03:47 PM

Car Info: WRX 2002
Thumbs up

Very nice, and the sound system looks good too.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:02 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX (sold)
Wow, that looks amazing. May I ask about how much you paid for the unit and installation?
Old 05-15-2003, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by JeffSW_02WRX
Wow, that looks amazing. May I ask about how much you paid for the unit and installation?
Gonna have to plead the fifth. Sorry, just not into throwing around numbers. Not trying to be an azz or anything. Lets just say more than a little and probably a little too much, but I like it.

Hey that sounds like a Vague-Dan answer!
Old 05-15-2003, 09:15 PM

Originally posted by DaveWRX
Gonna have to plead the fifth. Sorry, just not into throwing around numbers. Not trying to be an azz or anything. Lets just say more than a little and probably a little too much, but I like it.

Hey that sounds like a Vague-Dan answer!
so what size speakers did you end up going with in the doors?

-Snuff
Old 05-15-2003, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by snuffyrsx
so what size speakers did you end up going with in the doors?

-Snuff
oops sorry, 5.25s. Nakamichi separates up front and rear. Then just the 10 in the trunk. Its perfect for what I want. Not a lotta boom, but enough to make me happy. Matrix ROX in it. Wow. Specially the lobby scene.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by DaveWRX
oops sorry, 5.25s. Nakamichi separates up front and rear. Then just the 10 in the trunk. Its perfect for what I want. Not a lotta boom, but enough to make me happy. Matrix ROX in it. Wow. Specially the lobby scene.
you think 6.5 would have fit in the front?

-Snuff
Old 05-15-2003, 09:51 PM

Hey dave

that is a sweet set up!!! very tastefully done...i was wondering, is your head unit also Navigation compatible?? and where did you get that STi logo (the one mounted into the back of the rear seats)?? i'm thinking of doing something similar as well.

thanks, Ghost
Old 05-15-2003, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by snuffyrsx
you think 6.5 would have fit in the front?

-Snuff
No, I dont think so at all. I think the front is WAY crowded. Im actually surprised they got 5.25s there. You can always call down to Special T and ask them. Cant find my receipt for the life of me, probably dont want to look at the cost again anyways. I honestly thought we couldnt even get those in front and were going to go with like some Nak separates in 4", but not sure.

Im no audiophile so Im not much help. I told em I wanted it to sound good and make it look nice. They did and they did.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:15 PM

Originally posted by silver ghost
Hey dave

that is a sweet set up!!! very tastefully done...i was wondering, is your head unit also Navigation compatible?? and where did you get that STi logo (the one mounted into the back of the rear seats)?? i'm thinking of doing something similar as well.

thanks, Ghost
Head unit has 2 more av inputs so I can do whatever I want to it, touch screen compatible for whatever as well. Sorts wish you could control DVD menu functions without using the remote, but thats cool. Ultraclear screen too.

STi logo was custom made, took many hours. They had cut the logo out from plastic and then overlayed it with the vinyl or whatever. Took major time, but I like it. Oh and you cant get one, I have a patent on it so you would have to pay me like $5k if you want to do one. Patent #145,223,235,432 or something...

Hmm, whats next X-box? kidding. The only thing I can think of doing is a single cd in the dash there, but its not like you ever drive for more than an hour on this island so no biggie. In the mainland it was a pain to get outta the car and change the cds in the trunk. Only had a 6 disc and wasnt into burning cds, now I can make whatever I want to so its easier. I am going to try and burn a DVD somehow with maybe MP3s to play, then I would never have to swap a thing. Not sure if you can even do that tho.

Hmm, Audio DVDs, something to experiment with atleast. The changer doesnt seem to like burned cds tho, hoping it just the scratches on it. Otherwise that would SUCK...

Quick Reply: System in my STi...