Super Lap results.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 12:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Super Lap results.

http://www.raceeventshawaii.com/Cont...SMainframe.htm

Man you can tell something's wrong with my car's power because I am running the same or slower laptimes that I ran with s.tech's. Now I have Zero 2 R's and no power! ****ty tire choice to. Egmar must be an amazing driver because I think he only has a turbo back, and competition tires. I'm not positive, but either way he tore it up. Good thing mike didn't come or I would have for sure been 3rd. I need my car to run right!!!!

Oh anyone else like how they used my picture for their own add? I am the AWD section!
Old 01-27-2005, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
Originally Posted by keirnna
http://www.raceeventshawaii.com/Cont...SMainframe.htm

Man you can tell something's wrong with my car's power because I am running the same or slower laptimes that I ran with s.tech's. Now I have Zero 2 R's and no power! ****ty tire choice to. Egmar must be an amazing driver because I think he only has a turbo back, and competition tires. I'm not positive, but either way he tore it up. Good thing mike didn't come or I would have for sure been 3rd. I need my car to run right!!!!

Oh anyone else like how they used my picture for their own add? I am the AWD section!
what tires is egmar on? brand size?
b
Old 01-27-2005, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
He ran two cars!
Old 01-27-2005, 03:48 PM
VIP Member

He always runs two or more cars. I have no idea what tires he is running, sorry.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
Originally Posted by bpang1
He ran two cars!
the one and only car that kierna mentioned in this post that i responded to!!!

context clues yo!
Old 01-27-2005, 08:14 PM

Car Info: White on Gold STi
The short course isn't about HP. You need to learn the race line better then you'll start getting better times.

Egmar is good, but he's not great. If he had on race tires he should have been in the low 39's, a stock STi can do low 40's.

Mike
Old 01-27-2005, 10:15 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 18hrwrx
The short course isn't about HP. You need to learn the race line better then you'll start getting better times.

Egmar is good, but he's not great. If he had on race tires he should have been in the low 39's, a stock STi can do low 40's.

Mike
It the turns I was on gaining, but as soon as it came to the straight Civic's were pulling on me. It was rediculous. I try to have my line as close to yours as possible. The thing is my times were almost as fast with a lot less suspension on there. I feel the reason for that is because I could make it up with the power I had. For example, I would hit over 100 my first superlap in the straight, right before braking, last weekend I couldn't hit over 85. That shows that there is something majorly wrong. Correct me if I am wrong please Mike. BTW I'm going to give that guy a call about your Olhins and see where his is at with getting the cash.

Last edited by keirnna; 01-27-2005 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:04 AM

Car Info: White on Gold STi
I would say that you have a problem then. Next Superlap give me a call and I'll help you out. I'm not going to be racing anymore, but I'd still love to help.

Thanks for talking to him.

Mike
Old 01-28-2005, 01:37 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI/WRX Silver of course
Suspension mods aren't necessiarly going to make you any faster..Or slower you need to make sure that guy coming out gives your car a good tune..

Last edited by silver satin; 01-28-2005 at 01:39 AM.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:48 AM
VIP Member

Yeah the thing is the tune is fine, other than my boost issues. As far as everyone can tell, it is the wastegate actuator which a new one is comming from APS. I wish I would have known what I know now because I would have worked on my skill much longer before modding my car. It is too late now. I am at a crossroads. Once my car runs right I'll decide whether I'm keeping her or not. I love the car, but I would rather spread my money into 3 or so cars including my RS.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:01 AM

Dude keep it you have too much invested now and hopefully the issues will be resolved. I don't want to sound like a dick when I say this but it was told to me people should learn to drive what they have to it full potenial before they start putting a bunch of parts on. Yeah your car is probably the fastest one on island but that don't mean jack if it can't be put to good use and I know you have probably heard all this before so you know what I am saying. And hey if I can make it out to the track day I'll be trying to catch ya...
Old 01-28-2005, 03:09 AM
VIP Member

If I don't have my actuator I won't be running. I bought a 240 to daily drive and track until I get my car running right. No more abuse to my car until she is boosting better. I didn't get the right advice from the right people until too late. I got the modding bug and went way overboard. I understand now, but it is too late. That is the only reason why I would get a new car is to start from stock. My driving has improved 500% in the last few months. I have also learned so much about our cars thanks to you and several others Jeremiah. What you said is exactly what I posted. I should have learned my car first. I was clueless and I didn't even know we had a track until I made a dumb post. I wasted a whole year where I could have been tracking my car.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:19 AM

Talking

No don't get rid of it you can just start where some end up thats all you got a good set up with a small hic-up. But hey what ever I am sure I could take the rotors off your hands...(and now here come all the offers from others for parts off your car).
Old 01-28-2005, 03:37 AM
VIP Member

What would you use the rotors for? Aren't you selling your STi?
Old 01-28-2005, 03:41 AM

Yea it's "For Sale" I doubt anybody will buy it..

Quick Reply: Super Lap results.