Sunroof?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:23 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru STI
Sunroof?

So I want a sunroof on my 04 sti. has anyone had one installed on theirs? if so where and how much did it run?
Old 05-22-2010, 08:50 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi
dude u nuts are u serious sunroof on an STI, no way STI was not meant for sunroof, good luck on that plus the u need to worry bout leaks and rust , I got better advise go with the spec-c roof scoop, come see me and I explain what is it...
Old 05-22-2010, 09:09 AM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
it's possible but it's gonna cost a few thousand $ and it adds some weight. it's just not gonna be worth it.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by 04sleeper
it's possible but it's gonna cost a few thousand $ and it adds some weight. it's just not gonna be worth it.
yup he is right with that money man, ill buy a carbon fiber roof, ams and crawford has those pretty cheap... Japanparts.com has those too but they glue to the actual roof therefore adding weight and once again not worth it, its bein say that a body shop can install those in around six hours...

Last edited by ricoricanlc; 05-22-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:17 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
hmmm...1st sti convertible
Old 05-22-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by houdni
hmmm...1st sti convertible
lol
Old 05-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
They all leak at some point. You also lose body stiffness. The roof play a big part In supporting the structure of the body. I want a sunroof on my bugeye but 2 grand plus the side effects makes It not worth it. That is unless somebody wants to buy me one for my birthday, give me a lifetime no leak, no rust guarantee, and then throw in all the cusco h braces, tower bars, sway bars, and a roll cage. You roll a car with a compromised roof and you'll be eating it. Having said all this, of the technology has somehow evolved and there is one being made which is proven to be better quality at a better pricepoint, someone lemme know what and where. I know audiohaus installs them on any car but they are generic installs. Not custom made to fit the specific application. Happy bday to me.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:20 AM

Car Info: 1989 Honda Civic, 11ʻ R1 & 09ʻ GSXR600
Originally Posted by ricoricanlc
dude u nuts are u serious sunroof on an STI, no way STI was not meant for sunroof, good luck on that plus the u need to worry bout leaks and rust , I got better advise go with the spec-c roof scoop, come see me and I explain what is it...
if you want air a little breeze to come into you car get the Spec-C Roof Scoop.
Uber JDM
Old 05-22-2010, 11:16 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Lol at everyones comments. You know what I actually have one on my 05 Sti and I love it!!! It's a sunroof/tilt. I did not have it done, but the previous owner had it installed in Utah(that's where I bought th car) for a little under 3k$. I've had th car now for over 3 years and I have had zero issues with it, and it's by far my favorite mod done to my car and it's hella rare to see them. Most people with Sti's are shocked once they see it. I'll try and post some pics for you
Old 05-22-2010, 11:19 AM

And btw, I can't tell the difference about the body stiffness, the car still turns the way I want it to. I can see it being a problem if you track your car all the time but my car is only a dd so it works perfect for me
Old 05-22-2010, 12:43 PM

Car Info: 1995 dodge neon
i've intalled a tilt up before.

it is actually really easy and cheap...like $400 cheap. well that was mainland nearly 10 years ago.

you just cut a hole in the roof and headliner.

file mask and paint the area where you cut the roof (prevents the rusting)
then the sunroof tilt kit installs easily. use windshield glue inside the rubber gromet to keep it from leaking. The glass and framing was made well and didnt leak.

then you put some super glue around the edges of the headliner where it is cut to keep it from fraying or separating. The headliner actually tucks into a rubber gromet on the sunroof when you reinstall the headliner.

the important thing is measure twice, and make some nice templates for your cut.

I removed the headliner, cut the roof, reinstalled the headliner to mark it, then pulled it back out to make the cut. You really want this part to line up properly. haha

It only took me a day.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:07 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Wrx
lol wow i guess sunroofs rub everyone the wrong way. All he asked was if anyone installed one on theirs and how much it costs.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by AMLIBERATOR
lol wow i guess sunroofs rub everyone the wrong way. All he asked was if anyone installed one on theirs and how much it costs.
I don't think it rubs people the wrong way, but people are going to have different views on if they are worth it.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:09 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Wrx
Originally Posted by subi4justin
I don't think it rubs people the wrong way, but people are going to have different views on if they are worth it.
true true not trying to be a troll or anythin. i saw a diy for that vent roof thing a few years back.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:26 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
just put the jdm roof scoop in

Quick Reply: Sunroof?