Sunday auto-X.. town meet up cruise out

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 07:44 PM

You'll probably have a hard time finding people willing to get up earlier..

Here are some good directions. You'll want to use the first entrance and you should find lots of Subies there. You'll want to make sure you get there before 9:30 (earlier is better) so you can register and get your car through tech inspection.

http://www.hawaiiracewaypark.com/directions.html
Old 09-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
it's not hard to find.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: heavy, stock power, slow, perfect
hey jeremy. i would be willing to meet up at 8-8:15 before auto-x. i live up the road from pali longs/safeway. it would be leave BY 8:20 though as i prefer to get there, setup, sign-in/tech and relax. post here if anyone wants to meet.
b
Old 09-17-2003, 08:18 PM
VIP Member

this would be good for daveWRX so he won't get lost going for his first time. since he is going......

b
Old 09-17-2003, 08:22 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by b_drift
this would be good for daveWRX so he won't get lost going for his first time. since he is going......

b
Yeah I been to the track before, but it would be nice to cruise out there with someone who has done the whole process before. Im game, sounds like our nanny can work Sunday. So do any of you bring the wives? Mine is really interested in coming out, but Im not sure if theres a place she could sit and watch or relax or whatnot. Lemme know...

Oh and gotta grab some helmets I guess too. Any suggestions where I can get affordable helmets. I want the half helmet with open face, dont think theres any reason to get the full face unless auto-x or drags require it. Snell 95 right? Or is it DOT 95?
Old 09-18-2003, 12:25 AM

I have to drop the kids off around 8am in Kapahulu so not sure if I'll be able to make it there on time, but will see what I can do.

My wife normally doesn't come, but she plans to this time. Just make sure you bring plenty of water and sun screen.

They have loaner helmets if you don't want to invest the money. If you do buy, just make sure it's Snell (DOT won't do) and you may as well get a Snell 2000. Other then that you'll need close toed shoes (no slippers or sandles). Shorts are okay though.

Hopefully I'll catch you all at Safeway, but if not at the track.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:19 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
damn im gonna be in town in moanaloa valley visiting family for the weekend i want to see whats up over on the island. you guys are closer to japan hehe but i have signal and others (hks ect.) ill try to get some one to drive me cuz i usually drive teh strait roads here in long beach adn im not down with teh streets there. do you guys go to tauntlis (sp) to drift?

mike

ps this is what my car here looks like with my rubbermade roof scoop

Old 09-18-2003, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

cool. 3 total so far.

mehlt, you can make it by 8:30? 15 minutes isn't a problem. we should be able to make it there by 9. never got there at 9 before, is that enough time? let us know. that would make a nice show. with a WRB, silver, WRB, silver lineup. i'll hold up the end because i drive slow. hey davewrx. maybe we can go to a "closed test course" and see how a boosted sti pulls from a stock sti from a roll 15mph to ?.
b

ps. i got all your cell#'s stored so you can edit them out if you want. to confirm

-dave 282xxxx
-jeremy 277xxxx
-tim 383xxxx
Old 09-18-2003, 01:03 PM

Car Info: Pilot & Prius.
Originally posted by b_drift
cool. 3 total so far.

mehlt, you can make it by 8:30? 15 minutes isn't a problem. we should be able to make it there by 9. never got there at 9 before, is that enough time? let us know. that would make a nice show. with a WRB, silver, WRB, silver lineup. i'll hold up the end because i drive slow. hey davewrx. maybe we can go to a "closed test course" and see how a boosted sti pulls from a stock sti from a roll 15mph to ?.
b

ps. i got all your cell#'s stored so you can edit them out if you want. to confirm

-dave 282xxxx
-jeremy 277xxxx
-tim 383xxxx
So does it all start at 9:30? Going to get helmets today, cant wait to finally get out there. Trying to rig a ghetto videocam mount as well until mine comes in.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:54 PM

I should make it there by 8:15. If you don't see me by 8:20, just call my cell and I'll let you know if I"m almost there. If not I'll just see you all out there. My cell # hasn't changed so you have the right one.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

cool. see you sunday.

anyone else? so far 4 stis and no wrxs...yet.

b