sun hyper voltage system

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 03:10 PM

Car Info: 04 WRB WRX
Talking sun hyper voltage system

hey anyone got one of these? if so how do you like it? worth the 200bucks? thanks for any input.

tim
Old 09-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Suby & others
I have it on my car as well as dave on his own personal car. First thing noticed was the improvement on gas mileage! Huge improvement! Going down to LA,i was getting about 250 for every 3 quarters of a tank, after installing it, coming back i was getting 300 for every 3 quarters of a tank. (I always fill up when it's down to 1/4 of a tank)

Street driving, i noticed an increase of 20-25 miles for every 3/4 of a tank. With gas being as expensive as it is now, i feel it's quite worth the money. We got a couple for our customers, and every one of them has responded with an increase of 10-30 miles to their tank. good enough if you ask me!
Old 09-22-2006, 03:50 PM

Car Info: STi (cornering, accelerating and braking hard).
How does it improve mpg???
Old 09-22-2006, 03:52 PM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
^^a small amt but not much.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:28 AM

Car Info: Black 2004 STI
what is that?
Old 09-24-2006, 01:50 PM

Car Info: 04 STI
anybody heard anything about the apex grounding kit. i was thinking about gettin that.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:03 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
The grounding kits are expensive...

I had a stereo shop owner owe me a favor...so I asked him to take 4 gauge wiring and custom fit a bunch of grounding wires around my engine bay...I followed the route of one of the $100 kits...a pic I saw of someones engine bay...

What I got was a clean install (all wires were perfect lengthwise and improved engine performance)...I really believe in the grounding mod...

On my way home, I didn't really think about what had been done (because I just had my new head unit installed the same day)...but I noticed about halfway home that my car was running unusually smooth...idle was great, no dipping...and my acceleration seemed much smoother...hmmm

Imho...it would be better to buy a bunch of 4 gauge wiring, gold connectors, and follow the grounding points of established kits...what I don't like about most of the kits is that it is "UNIVERSAL" meaning all the wires will not fit "perfect in our particular cars"...you will have loopbacks to contend with because it is too long, or have to sacrifice a grounding point because one of your wires is too short...know what I mean?

There are kits that are specially made for our subaru's like the combo Hypervoltage GT/Hyperground kits for the Impreza...that one has a special bracket as well as pre-measured and made grounding cables...that fits perfect...you can pick them up at Vakamon locally...

my .02

Last edited by Island Style; 09-24-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:02 PM

Car Info: 04 JBP STi
^ What he said. DIY gets the same results at a fraction of the cost. Buy the Cable and lugs yourself and follow the pics that are all over the net. I noticed a few (3 ish) mpg and a much smoother running car.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:57 AM

Car Info: 04 WRB WRX
good stuff about the grounding...but what about the voltage stabilizers? i think 1tyme has one...if you read this, which do you have and how do you like it?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by kirbwrx
good stuff about the grounding...but what about the voltage stabilizers? i think 1tyme has one...if you read this, which do you have and how do you like it?
The SUN one is the one most people have. It works well for what is says it'll do.

It has also been covered in one of the magazines (I think super street) where they saw a 3-5 hp gain for a Subaru.

So basically, it does what it says just don't expect a huge performance increase...you'd get more bang for the buck from a DP or UP (if you don't already have one).
Old 09-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Self made grounding kits are great and a cheap way to go. However, if you have 4 gauge wires running all over your engine bay, it's kind of bulky. The Sun auto grounding kit they have that's specificlly for Subaru's are made where they're linked, and perfectly measured length to go through the entire car. Also, they're still retaining the 8 Gauge thickness, but with 1477 or so strands of wires in them (they claim that they have the most strands in any 8 gauge wires available).

The Hyper Voltage system is something completely seperate. IMO, they're the best working one. I've used the Apexi, Buddy Club, NRG, and they were all the same style as the Sun Auto kit, but i did not see the mileage gains like i did on the Sun Auto unit. If anyone have any questions, feel free to call us or PM for answers! We are able to get Subaru specific kits.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Here's a pic of Dave's engine bay with the Sun Auto Hyper Voltage System GT Cyberspeed. They call it Cyberspeed because it comes with the little mount bracket for the unit to sit over the washer resivor. Not sure if they have one for the 06 specificlly yet, but they do make just the Sun Auto Hyper Voltage Sytem GT.

Name:  DSC00435.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  124.9 KB
Old 09-25-2006, 04:48 PM

Car Info: 3 Sleepers: 05 LGT, 05 FXT, 02 WRX
That looks nice...

I agree, I like the whole GT kit with the three grounding cables all pre-cut to perfect length...and the bracket that goes on the windshield wiper fluid container...pro...

I picked up a "Universal" GT kit from a friend...looks pretty good installed but it didn't come with that Cuscoesque blue aluminum bracket...here is what it looks like with the universal bracket...and my "blue" contrasting grounding wires...had this already before I installed the GT kit...may change everything out to red now...The universal kit only comes with one grounding cable...(note the nice red one in the middle)...

My cousin Daniel purchased a blue universal GT kit earlier and he found a really nice spot to mount the unit...as can be seen in the picture below...

My driving is primarily city/mountain pass so I really haven't seen an improvement in gas mileage...haven't really noticed any gains in performance either...
Attached Thumbnails sun hyper voltage system-one.jpg  

Last edited by Island Style; 09-25-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:29 PM

Car Info: '07 STI
actually, the universal kit should still come with 3 ground wires... perhaps you should ask your buddy if he might have lost the other 2 wires... but yes, for the extra 20 or so bucks, i'd rather get the subaru specific kit with the wires cut to perfect length. i'll try to get pics of the actual ground wires that's for subaru specific soon.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:35 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
i got one and love it. i notice my gas went up and also my lights stayed brighter and my car started easier

Quick Reply: sun hyper voltage system